+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding details of my wife to my PR application/Spousal open work permit applicat

kiran2014

Sep 29, 2014
Reg: Doubt regarding Birth Certificate

Hi All,

I am planning to apply for Canadian Immigration in Skilled
Labour Category. I have some doubts regarding the same.
I shall be very thankful if someone can help me out with these

1. I don't have any Birth Certificate issued from the corporation.
Although I am having an Affidavit from the court with a Notary stamp
on it stating my Date of Birth and other details.
I have also attached my 10th degree certificate that also contains
My DOB
So my doubt is will these two documents suffice in place of Birth Certificate???
Or I need to attach any other supporting document???
Is there any need of "Non Availability Document for Birth Certificate" incase I have
Don't have a Birth Certificate from Corporation.

kiran2014

Sep 29, 2014

Hi All,

My DOB
So my doubt is will these two documents suffice in place of Birth Certificate???
Is there any need of "Non Availability Document for Birth Certificate" incase I have

kiran2014

Sep 29, 2014

Hi All,

My DOB

kiran2014

Sep 29, 2014

Hi All,

My DOB

jojo1026

Sep 27, 2009
Leon said:
Your fiancé will have to sponsor your for PR after you get married. If you are not in Canada and not planning on staying in Canada for the duration of the processing, he will have to sponsor you outland which means no open work permit for you but the processing time may be shorter. If you want to apply inland, you are bound to stay in Canada during the processing time and although he can apply for an open work permit for you at the same time, it may take up to a year to get first stage approval and get that permit.

thanks Leon for the reply! can my fiancé leave the country ( for 2-3 weeks) during the application process?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jojo1026 said:
thanks Leon for the reply! can my fiancé leave the country ( for 2-3 weeks) during the application process?
Your fiancé as a PR is bound to be residing in Canada during the application process. A vacation of 2-3 weeks should be ok, but I wouldn't risk longer than than. During the 2-3 weeks, he should have somebody checking his mail and messages as well in case immigration wants to get in touch for some reason.

cjraval89

Oct 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saju_321 said:
Hi Yingying/Leon

My wife got her spousal open work permit.
Now, i am planning to sponsor my wife after when i become PR. I have sent my passport to receive confirmation of PR. So, probably within 1 month, i will be a PR.

The processing time for sponsoring spouse from within Canada is currently shown as 17 months.

Leon, is there any other way that my wife can become a PR? Her work permit is expiring in Sept 2015.
hi
friend ,
I have my BCPNP RECV ON 27 AUGUST ,
CIO PR file submitted on 1 st sep .
still waiting .
MAIN que is,
i want to get married to my girllf friend and she is living and studying full time course in toronto. she wil be completingher graduation of 3 sem. in december 2014. so want to marry her in dec 2014 and add her as spouse.
she is already in canada and she will be applying for post grad work pwermit.

now do u have idea.. how many months it will take to add her and wait.
my wages are suffcient as per my consultant. meanwhile my gf willbe working also . so salary is nt at all issue.

is itlike i add her early as possble will delay less time to have PR of both of us in time.?

pl help if u have any idea?

thanking you.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cjraval89 said:
hi
friend ,
I have my BCPNP RECV ON 27 AUGUST ,
CIO PR file submitted on 1 st sep .
still waiting .
MAIN que is,
i want to get married to my girllf friend and she is living and studying full time course in toronto. she wil be completingher graduation of 3 sem. in december 2014. so want to marry her in dec 2014 and add her as spouse.
she is already in canada and she will be applying for post grad work pwermit.

now do u have idea.. how many months it will take to add her and wait.
my wages are suffcient as per my consultant. meanwhile my gf willbe working also . so salary is nt at all issue.

is itlike i add her early as possble will delay less time to have PR of both of us in time.?

pl help if u have any idea?

thanking you.
I can't tell you how much time it would take to add her but they will need to do her background checks and review her medicals just like they did yours. You don't however have a choice not to add her if you get married. You simply must. The other alternative would be to wait for your PR and then get married and sponsor her.

cjraval89

Oct 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
I can't tell you how much time it would take to add her but they will need to do her background checks and review her medicals just like they did yours. You don't however have a choice not to add her if you get married. You simply must. The other alternative would be to wait for your PR and then get married and sponsor her.
thanks leon,
i have choice to marry after getting my PR u r right ,
but after like my willl take still 8 months like next june.
and if i marry ..right now thn we can get both of us pr same time..
bcz after mine.. if i put heer file. it take 13 to 15 months right ..

whats say .. main que is .. if wages is fine job is fine.. even my wifde will be working after mrg .. so is there any risk to add her.. like everyone get it bt it takes some more time.. right ???

whats say ?

Monika28

Jun 4, 2017
Hi,
My husband will be moving to Canada on PR, post which he would have to start my spouse visa application. I want to move soon to Canada. I need help with the following-
1. Should that application be inland or outland?
2. If outland application is approved can you get an open work permit
3. Does my husband need to have a job or showing proof that we have enough funds ?
4. Can I show in the application that I am capable of sponsoring myself? Through proof of funds

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1. For inland you must be physically in Canada. If you are outside of Canada then outland is the only option.
2. No.
3. No.
4. There's no proof of funds requirement.

nanakweidu

Mar 12, 2020
I am an international student and I would want to apply for an Open Work Permit for my wife. Do I need to get a letter of support from my supervisor? thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am an international student and I would want to apply for an Open Work Permit for my wife. Do I need to get a letter of support from my supervisor? thanks
No you don’t need a letter of support from your supervisor. Just follow the application guidelines. SOWP are not guaranteed for spouses of international students though. Assume you are doing a masters or PhD if you have a supervisors. There seems to be a better chance of SOWP with advanced degrees as long as you have the extra savings to support your spouse.

nanakweidu

Mar 12, 2020
No you don’t need a letter of support from your supervisor. Just follow the application guidelines. SOWP are not guaranteed for spouses of international students though. Assume you are doing a masters or PhD if you have a supervisors. There seems to be a better chance of SOWP with advanced degrees as long as you have the extra savings to support your spouse.
Thank you very much. but pls how much do I need to indicate. I am a Master Student though

nanakweidu

Mar 12, 2020
I am filling the online application form for SOWP, unfortunately, the system doesn't show where I can upload a proof of family relation. Please, what could be the problem? thank you very much.