+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding a new born after issuance of COPR

Scorpion.ze

Dec 28, 2016
Hello folks, seasons greetings.

I was hoping to get some info about adding my new born on to my Canadian immigration.

Me and my family have been granted a COPR last aug and have had a new born child in nov 2016. I would like to inquire how would I be able to add my new born on to my sponsorship prior to our intended landing in april2017.

I did put out a iRCC I.e case specific inquiry to the London office but haven't heated back yet. I understand response time could be slow due to the number of inquires. I inquired with the consultant too and was advised to wait until the PR cards are recieved, I.e after landing. That means my new born would have to travel on a visit visa and then a new Pr would have to be applied.

I wasn't too confident with the information, thought I'd check on this forum, any one gone through a similar situation ?

Regards
Zeeshan

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

Do not land with your current COPRs. If you land without adding the child, s/he will be forever excluded from the Family Class, meaning you will never be able to sponsor him/her. You would also be committing misrepresentation, which could result in your PR status being revoked.

You must return the COPRs and add the child to the application. While you wait for a response from London, start getting the child's documents together and have the medical done.

Scorpion.ze

Dec 28, 2016
Thanks for the info Canuck.
I may have missed out on something :eek: The single entry pr visas are already stamped on our passports with a validity until may 2017. Therefore the COPR was accepted and we had a new born 3 months after that.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Scorpion.ze said:
Thanks for the info Canuck.
I may have missed out on something :eek: The single entry pr visas are already stamped on our passports with a validity until may 2017. Therefore the COPR was accepted and we had a new born 3 months after that.
As was already explained to you, do not use your visas. As also explained, you must return them to the visa office along with a note letting the VO know you have a new baby. The VO will request additional paperwork and there will be additional processing before you can be issued new visas.

Scorpion.ze

Dec 28, 2016
scylla said:
As was already explained to you, do not use your visas. As also explained, you must return them to the visa office along with a note letting the VO know you have a new baby. The VO will request additional paperwork and there will be additional processing before you can be issued new visas.
Thank you Scylla, I will visit the VO and see what they have to say.

Aaisha09

Apr 27, 2017
Thank you Scylla, I will visit the VO and see what they have to say.
Hello,

We are in a similar situation. We received our ppr and submitted our passports with a cover letter requesting for extension as we are expecting our baby in November 2017. We also submitted a letter from my OB GYN stating my due date. However, Our case seems to have been approved which means we will receive our COPR. Would it still be possible to add our new born later if we do not land in Canada prior to the birth of the baby.

Kindly share your experience.

Will appreciate your earliest response!

mukeshcfa

Jul 2, 2016
Hello,

We are in a similar situation. We received our ppr and submitted our passports with a cover letter requesting for extension as we are expecting our baby in November 2017. We also submitted a letter from my OB GYN stating my due date. However, Our case seems to have been approved which means we will receive our COPR. Would it still be possible to add our new born later if we do not land in Canada prior to the birth of the baby.

Kindly share your experience.

Will appreciate your earliest response!
Hi Aisha, how was your experience.
I am in a similar situation wondering if they will issue new CoPR to all 3 of us?

bharath.kv

Jul 12, 2017
Hi Aisha, how was your experience.
I am in a similar situation wondering if they will issue new CoPR to all 3 of us?
Hi, We are in the same situation too. Have you got COPR after adding your new born child? Did you have to submit all of your COPR? How long did they take to for PPR ?

bharath.kv

Jul 12, 2017
Hello Bharath,

I am in the same situation as you. May I ask what did you end up doing?
Hi,
We raised CSE through webform. Got an email that the file has been opened and was asked to upload New born child passport, birth certificate and fee payment receipt. Along with that we uploaded medical certificate(we did medical upfront). Our file was processed and new born was added under dependents. After 2 months we got ppr. I am yet to submit our passports. I am assuming that i have to submit the copr that we received earlier. Will update after getting passport back. Hope this information helps.

RMS12

Apr 17, 2018
We raised CSE through webform. Got an email that the file has been opened and was asked to upload New born child passport, birth certificate and fee payment receipt. Along with that we uploaded medical certificate(we did medical upfront). Our file was processed and new born was added under dependents. After 2 months we got ppr. I am yet to submit our passports. I am assuming that i have to submit the copr that we received earlier. Will update after getting passport back. Hope this information helps.
Hi Bharath,
Hope you have received the COPRs by now. Was the Visa validity extended compared to the previous one? Thanks.