+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Actively looking for a job while waiting for an ITA (EE Profile at the pool), is WP needed?

tmartihs

Mar 24, 2016
Guys,

My name is at the EE Pool and I'm actively looking for a new job.

From what I'm seeing, soon as I have a job offer (with LMIA), it is very likely that I'll receive an invitation to apply for a PR. With that being said, will I need a Work Permit too? Or just the PR?

Virtually all of my potential employers doesn't hire me simple because I don't have a PR, they don't want to sponsor a new Work Permit but, if I don't need the WP, since it will be a PR, this might be easier / better to say at the interviews.

Thanks!
Thiago

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Guys,

My name is at the EE Pool and I'm actively looking for a new job.

From what I'm seeing, soon as I have a job offer (with LMIA), it is very likely that I'll receive an invitation to apply for a PR. With that being said, will I need a Work Permit too? Or just the PR?

Virtually all of my potential employers doesn't hire me simple because I don't have a PR, they don't want to sponsor a new Work Permit but, if I don't need the WP, since it will be a PR, this might be easier / better to say at the interviews.

Thanks!
Thiago
Note that finding an employer willing to go through the LMIA process is next to impossible. If at all possible, you should aim to get PR without relying on a job offer since the job offer most likely won't happen.

tmartihs

Mar 24, 2016
Right but, let's say that I find this new job, I'll go straight to the PR, without the need for another Work Permit, can you confirm that?

I'm pretty sure that will be a big loss for Canada if I leave. And also a big loss for myself, because I love here. This is very sad... :-(