+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A question on AEO

jaggy

Star Member
Apr 14, 2010
Hello!

Is my temporary working permit (NOC C) a form of an AEO?

My employer is also willing to provide a letter that they are willing to hire me for an indefinite period.

Please educate me on this matter. I have been reading a lot but still am not comfortable with my knowledge.

Soon, I will submit my full documents with my visa office, and i am still not sure if this will waive my proof of funds. by hearing from your expert opinions will make me sure enough on my next step.

Hope to hear from you all!

thank you.

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jaggy said:
anyone, plssss...
Hi,

Work permit is different from AEO (Arranged Employment Opinion/Offer). For AEO your employer has to apply to HRSDC giving details of job responsibilities, work conditions, salary and period of empoyment. It should be a permanent and full time employment offer only and none other. On approval from HRSDC they will send you a copy of AEO as well as to the CHC concerned. Then you have to enclose the original AEO with your initial application to CIO, NS. Work Permit is for a limited period i.e. 6 months, one year or so.

Good Luck.

FrenchAsian

Star Member
Aug 25, 2009
jaggy said:
Hello!

My employer is also willing to provide a letter that they are willing to hire me for an indefinite period.

Please educate me on this matter. I have been reading a lot but still am not comfortable with my knowledge.

Soon, I will submit my full documents with my visa office, and i am still not sure if this will waive my proof of funds. by hearing from your expert opinions will make me sure enough on my next step.

Hope to hear from you all!

thank you.
Your proof-of-funds will only be waived if the job you are taking-up matches certain criteria,... I heard about a table of this,... please tell me the job title, job responsibilites and the general nature of your job.

I will help you to cross-check against that table,... and help you to decide if you still need to show availability of funds,...

FrenchAsian

Star Member
Aug 25, 2009
Charnider,.. hmm,.. the way I read it from our CHC, it's not exactly as straight-forward as that,... the CHC would want to know further details about the job too,... I think they wanted to gauge whether the job is secure enough for the applicant to work on for a certain period into the future after he has landed,... yes, there is certainly a contract about the above, but as we know, a contract will always have escape clauses and disclaimers,...

There is a table to score points on this,.... hence my questions to the thread-starter here for more details to help him,....

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When his employer (in Canada) visits the office of the HRSDC they will guide him about applying for AEO and other details and formalities. I have just given the Post Starter the line of action. Further action has to be taken by his employer only and not by the PS.

Good Luck.

FrenchAsian

Star Member
Aug 25, 2009
Well,.. Jaggy, it's up to you now,.. you can either; sit and wait for your employer to do the rest,... and you do not show your proof-of-funds,... as Charninder has pointed out, or;

.........you can tell me what I have asked for and I would advise you more.

Depends on what you are more comfortable with, or whose opinions that you are have a higher regard for,...

Good luck from me too !

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
jaggy said:
Hello!

Jaggy -

NOC C will not qualify, so sorry. If your job was NOC O,A or B, then yes, you could apply in the arranged employment class with a valid work pemit and an offer of permanent employment. But NOC C is not classified as "skilled" for the skilled workers program.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-employment.asp

jaggy

Star Member
Apr 14, 2010
FrenchAsian,

Per my work permit it says my job is a material handler. i am earning 17cad per hour for 40 hours per week.
I can only assist in our department for i still don't have a ticket. My contract is for 2years, but I am working on my ticket right now. My employer has expressed his interest to extend my contract or if i will be willing to work with them indefinitely.

jes_ON,

I have 11 years of work experience under NOC4121. My only concern is that, somehow my job will waive my proof of funds. since this is under NOC C, i also doubt if this will suffice.

thank you all for taking time to discuss my little problem.

Hoping to hear some more. ;)

FrenchAsian

Star Member
Aug 25, 2009
jaggy said:
FrenchAsian,

Per my work permit it says my job is a material handler. i am earning 17cad per hour for 40 hours per week.
I can only assist in our department for i still don't have a ticket. My contract is for 2years, but I am working on my ticket right now. My employer has expressed his interest to extend my contract or if i will be willing to work with them indefinitely.

jes_ON,

I have 11 years of work experience under NOC4121. My only concern is that, somehow my job will waive my proof of funds. since this is under NOC C, i also doubt if this will suffice.

thank you all for taking time to discuss my little problem.

Hoping to hear some more. ;)
..jaggy,.. I am checking the table now,... how many people do you have to suport with that $17 per hour for 40 hours per week arrangement ? Sorry, but what you do mean by a ticket please ?