Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-05-2013
LANDED..........
very soon!!
Hello everyone! I am a new to this forum and have a few questions. I am a Canadian citizen sponsoring my Algerian husband. We're almost ready to send our file but I want to ask a few questions before....just to avoid delays! ::)

1-When compiling documents such as : emails, letters, Skype, etc. is there a maximum amount of pages or documents that we can send. I am just thinking about Skype...we talk to each other at least twice a day...since many years...you can just imagine the number of pages that represents. I know they want evidence but I don't want to swamp them with documents either. Any feedback you can give me on this? What is the average? (keep in mind that I have handwritten letters, emails, etc.).

2-Photos: what is a reasonable number of photos we can send? I gathered photos for every year and a lot from our wedding, any idea what would be acceptable?

3-Regarding the fees, I want to make sure that I understood the fee structure well. We should be paying the following: $75 for the sponsor + $475 for the principal applicant + $490 for the permanent residence fee? Total of $1040?

4-I was thinking of putting all documents in a binder....is that recommended or is there a special way to send the documents and forms?

One last question...
5-I am submitting an outland application, my husband is in Algeria. Our visa office will be Paris...is it usually only the sponsored who could be called for an interview or is it both, the sponsored and the sponsor?

All for now. Thanks in advance for your answers.....it will definitely be helpful to a newbie like me! ;)
Regards to all, this forum is incredible!! It feels great to see that there are so many people out there going through the same things and helping each other! Way to go!!!

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Bibiche said:
Hello everyone! I am a new to this forum and have a few questions. I am a Canadian citizen sponsoring my Algerian husband. We're almost ready to send our file but I want to ask a few questions before....just to avoid delays! ::)

1-When compiling documents such as : emails, letters, Skype, etc. is there a maximum amount of pages or documents that we can send. I am just thinking about Skype...we talk to each other at least twice a day...since many years...you can just imagine the number of pages that represents. I know they want evidence but I don't want to swamp them with documents either. Any feedback you can give me on this? What is the average? (keep in mind that I have handwritten letters, emails, etc.).

I gave one for every few months, just one page of back and forth, or just one page of an e-mail that was sent by one of us. That seems to be the way a lot of people do it.

2-Photos: what is a reasonable number of photos we can send? I gathered photos for every year and a lot from our wedding, any idea what would be acceptable?

Like above, I had one for every year as I could, more so for our wedding. I think in all we had about 34 photos. Some people had more, some had less. Whatever you feel comfortable in sending, go for it! I would just add that over 100 is a little excessive haha

3-Regarding the fees, I want to make sure that I understood the fee structure well. We should be paying the following: $75 for the sponsor + $475 for the principal applicant + $490 for the permanent residence fee? Total of $1040?

That's right!

4-I was thinking of putting all documents in a binder....is that recommended or is there a special way to send the documents and forms?

No, don't put it in a binder. It should all be loose and in the order of the document checklist with the barcodes on top.

One last question...
5-I am submitting an outland application, my husband is in Algeria. Our visa office will be Paris...is it usually only the sponsored who could be called for an interview or is it both, the sponsored and the sponsor?

Usually just the applicant.

All for now. Thanks in advance for your answers.....it will definitely be helpful to a newbie like me! ;)
Regards to all, this forum is incredible!! It feels great to see that there are so many people out there going through the same things and helping each other! Way to go!!!
I hope that helped! Good luck!! :)

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
Bibiche said:

One last question...

Hi Bibiche: I will try and answer your questions for you:

1. If you have been together for many years show the start of your relationship and then pick a few for each month to show the continunity of your relationship....there is no maximum amount or "average" per say...every case is unique...just use your best judgment and more importantly what you feel comfortable sending;

2. There should be photos for each occassion you were together...enclose not just photos of you and your husband but also family and friends with the both of you and send in your pictures of the wedding ceremony if possible as well as your reception photos....again what you feel comfortable with and what you feel shows the path of your relationship;

3. That is correct $1,040.00 pay that all up front if you can to avoid delays further in the process;

4. The documents should not be in a binder....clip the sponsorship application together; the applicant's application together; and then separate your additional proof.....pictures can be your 4x6 loose - or if you want to use a photo program and print them off on regular size paper that is up to you.....there are different ways to do your photos but again do not paste or bind them.......personally I printed off my pictures than put them in separate envelopes and dated the enevlopes and explained the events of those pictures.....many people put 4 or 6 pictures on a page with explanations under each picture.....;

5. Only the applicant gets an interview...if the sponsor happens to attend with the applicant for the interview the sponsor may or may not be asked questions as well...but the sponsor will not be in the room with the applicant for his interview process.

Hope this answers your questions. :)

Bibiche

Star Member
Sep 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2012
AOR Received.
26-11-2012
File Transfer...
21-02-2013
Med's Done....
27-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-05-2013
LANDED..........
very soon!!
Thanks a lot Parker and KJG for your prompt responses! Very much appreciated!!

lalana

Apr 30, 2012
Hi everyone,

Hi Bibiche, i was reading that you got your process very fast, what did you do? My husband is also from Algeria and our file was transferred to Paris on April 18 2013. Can I ask you, why the interview was waived?? Cheers

Bibiche

Star Member
Sep 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2012
AOR Received.
26-11-2012
File Transfer...
21-02-2013
Med's Done....
27-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-05-2013
LANDED..........
very soon!!
Hello lalana,
It's hard to say why our process was a quick one, it all depends on cases. We did not do anything special, we filled our application, provided all kinds of proofs, etc. Our case was pretty straightforward, no red flags, long relationship, etc.
I am sure it helped overall. There are average times for different countries but again, those are averages, it can vary and be quicker or longer. If your case is strong and there are no red flags, then it will probably be processed within the average timeline. Every case is different but I hope yours will be processed quickly and that soon you'll be reunited with your better half! Cheers!

Aquarian

Jun 10, 2013
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris, France (Algeria)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2013
AOR Received.
Received only when we made request
File Transfer...
31-05-2013
Med's Request
11-07-2013 (Meds passed)
Med's Done....
19-02-2013
Interview........
01-10-2013
Passport Req..
01-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2013
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
Hi,

I am hoping you would know or someone here can help me...(Although I am not on same topic, lol). I am married to an Algerian as well. CIC has approved my sponsorship (took 3.5 weeks), and I have just sent the application to Quebec (MICC)...Has your husband done his military yet and therefore has his military card, or does he have an exemption card? And upon his arrival to Canada (airport) will they require to see it? And more specifically, will he be stopped at airport in Algeria if he does not have one?

Thanks!

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
Bibiche said:
Hello lalana,
It's hard to say why our process was a quick one, it all depends on cases. We did not do anything special, we filled our application, provided all kinds of proofs, etc. Our case was pretty straightforward, no red flags, long relationship, etc.
I am sure it helped overall. There are average times for different countries but again, those are averages, it can vary and be quicker or longer. If your case is strong and there are no red flags, then it will probably be processed within the average timeline. Every case is different but I hope yours will be processed quickly and that soon you'll be reunited with your better half! Cheers!
Hello Bibich
please i would like to ask if there is any age difference between you and your husband,,,im sponsoring my husband too who is moroccan,,and we have been married for over than 4 years now,,,im 8 years older than him,but we have lots of proofs,but this is what makes me worried although i know people were like 20 years different and got approved,,,lol
thank you

PC0827

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NOV 23 2012
AOR Received.
NOV 26 2012
File Transfer...
DEC 04 2012
Med's Done....
JULY 2016
Interview........
NOV 11 2013 (Refused) APPEAL WON 2016
Passport Req..
JAN 18 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting....
LANDED..........
waiting.....
gladiateur19 said:
Hello Bibich
please i would like to ask if there is any age difference between you and your husband,,,im sponsoring my husband too who is moroccan,,and we have been married for over than 4 years now,,,im 8 years older than him,but we have lots of proofs,but this is what makes me worried although i know people were like 20 years different and got approved,,,lol
thank you

Hi I'm also 6 years older then my hubby. We actually eloped. Which has me worried abt my case. But every case is unique. Don't stress abt the age. I read a lot of couples on this site with age differences. We will b fine!

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
PC0827 said:
Hi I'm also 6 years older then my hubby. We actually eloped. Which has me worried abt my case. But every case is unique. Don't stress abt the age. I read a lot of couples on this site with age differences. We will b fine!
ouh trust me i know,,,lol,,i have seen people having over than 20 years difference,,,but you know if we dont worry then we aren't normal,,,lol

Bibiche

Star Member
Sep 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2012
AOR Received.
26-11-2012
File Transfer...
21-02-2013
Med's Done....
27-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-05-2013
LANDED..........
very soon!!
gladiateur19 said:
Hello Bibich
thank you
Hi gladiateur19,
As far as our age, my husband and I are the same age, only 7 months difference! But..love has no age! although, they look at age, they also look at many other things as you know! As you said, some couples have more years between them than you and your husband and got approved! ;)
Good luck!!

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
Bibiche said:
Hi gladiateur19,
As far as our age, my husband and I are the same age, only 7 months difference! But..love has no age! although, they look at age, they also look at many other things as you know! As you said, some couples have more years between them than you and your husband and got approved! ;)
Good luck!!
thank you very much... :)

Aquarian

Jun 10, 2013
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris, France (Algeria)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2013
AOR Received.
Received only when we made request
File Transfer...
31-05-2013
Med's Request
11-07-2013 (Meds passed)
Med's Done....
19-02-2013
Interview........
01-10-2013
Passport Req..
01-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2013
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
Hi,

Any update??

lalana said:
Hi everyone,

Hi Bibiche, i was reading that you got your process very fast, what did you do? My husband is also from Algeria and our file was transferred to Paris on April 18 2013. Can I ask you, why the interview was waived?? Cheers

lalana

Apr 30, 2012
Aquarian said:
Hi,

Any update??
sorry to answer you a little bit late ;D on july 4 Paris office open the file and they changed our file number, in spite of the strike i think is good news. next month i'll go to visit my husband for a month!!! i'm happy for that