+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

7 years as a Refugee? When will i get my PR

cdai

Jan 26, 2016
OK so lets start I really need help on my application and I don't know what the hell to do.

First thing is that I applied In-Canada Asylum as a refugee in September 2009 with my 2 brothers and mother.

In october 2011 my third brother came and applied for refugee status in-Canada Asylum and we put him in our file

In september 2012 My fourth brother came and applied for refugee status in-Canada Asylum.

Now Here is what is written in CIC website when I checked my family's application

We received your application for permanent residence on March 24, 2011.

We started processing your application on June 20, 2014.

Medical results have been received.

We sent you correspondence on November 5, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

We did our medical in December 20th When should they receive it?
Since we didn't have any passports (cause we got smuggled here) we provided an affidavit from a Canadian relative.

We are all getting our education. my brother studies business in Queens. my older brother is working in suncor and my youngest brother is in McMaster health sciences.

I am in Waterloo studying software engineering and I am in my second year planning to work in the states when I graduate. How the can I speed up the process just so that I become a permanent resident?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Unfortunately there is no way to speed up processing. However since medicals have been requested, it does sound like you should be close to the end of the processes. Good luck.

artin2015

Oct 4, 2015
Toronto
App. Filed.......
23 aug 2013
File Transfer...
Sep 24 2015
LANDED..........
12-12-2017
cdai said:
OK so lets start I really need help on my application and I don't know what the hell to do.

First thing is that I applied In-Canada Asylum as a refugee in September 2009 with my 2 brothers and mother.

In october 2011 my third brother came and applied for refugee status in-Canada Asylum and we put him in our file

In september 2012 My fourth brother came and applied for refugee status in-Canada Asylum.

Now Here is what is written in CIC website when I checked my family's application

We received your application for permanent residence on March 24, 2011.

We started processing your application on June 20, 2014.

Medical results have been received.

We sent you correspondence on November 5, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

We did our medical in December 20th When should they receive it?
Since we didn't have any passports (cause we got smuggled here) we provided an affidavit from a Canadian relative.

We are all getting our education. my brother studies business in Queens. my older brother is working in suncor and my youngest brother is in McMaster health sciences.

I am in Waterloo studying software engineering and I am in my second year planning to work in the states when I graduate. How the can I speed up the process just so that I become a permanent resident?
You have same situation with me. Actually i came 2011 and until now no PR and tomorrow i will go to talk with MP maybe help. So u can do that too

LoveCanada10

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
You don't sound to be from one of the dangerous countries in the world as your brothers could come to Canada one by one so maybe that's the delay. I am from Iraq and have been in Canada since 2010 and a Refugee since 2011 but still no PR!! At least you have a family here. Best of luck.