+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

65 days less than 1095 days minimum required for Citizenship

egyo

Apr 24, 2012
Dear Forum readers : I need help to understand if you are aware of any candidate across the country who with more than 65 days less than 1095 days minimum required days has been recently approved for Citizenship. We applied in 2011 and since then we passed through RQs, interview with CIC officer and lately CIC judge who was so nice but it seems that we have around 65 days less than the 1095.

If we knew, we would have waited a few weeks and that would have saved us the pain of waiting for our oath for over 4 years. We have been living here since 2008 and those who came yrs after us are Canadians years ago. Our Lawyer is optimistic that the judge would consider everything and he seems on our favor.

Any thoughts or sharing of experiences on this would be highly appreciated.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
egyo said:
Dear Forum readers : I need help to understand if you are aware of any candidate across the country who with more than 65 days less than 1095 days minimum required days has been recently approved for Citizenship. We applied in 2011 and since then we passed through RQs, interview with CIC officer and lately CIC judge who was so nice but it seems that we have around 65 days less than the 1095.

If we knew, we would have waited a few weeks and that would have saved us the pain of waiting for our oath for over 4 years. We have been living here since 2008 and those who came yrs after us are Canadians years ago. Our Lawyer is optimistic that the judge would consider everything and he seems on our favor.

Any thoughts or sharing of experiences on this would be highly appreciated.
I was about 60 days short against 1095 days that too due to my attorney's blunder. After keeping me on back burner for about 4 years, submitting RQ, passed test and towards the end assigned to Citizenship Judge. Who went on vacation, delayed for another 4 months.

After all these the Citizenship Judge told, I dont have time to check the documents to prove you have strong ties to Canada. I had very strong documentary proof, but CJ literally forced me to with draw and re-apply, stating even if he approve the CIC officer can overrule.

Its waste of time, emotions and energy waiting for CJ hearing, who sounded less powerful than office attendant in the CIC set-up.

Its my personal experience and opinion, its your choice.....

Honestly, speaking take a bitter pill, withdraw IMMEDIATELY and re-apply. Unless you got very strong immigration attorney. In most cases attorney know what would be outcome but keeps people in false hope aimed to charges $800 to come for Citizenship Judge appointment.

I can clearly understand your frustration, I undergone exactly situation and wasted my 4 precious years.....thanks to my attorney.

egyo

Apr 24, 2012
Thanks Canadiandesi2006! Did you withdraw and reapply? Actually my case is different...the judge was so kind and helpful and he even talk to my lawyer after we are done with the Hearing that he wanted to approve the case but needs more docs about our two trips out of the country so he can have something in hand in case CIC makes an appeal.. Hopefully, I won't be forced to reapply after all that long waiting

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
egyo said:
If we knew, we would have waited a few weeks and that would have saved us the pain of waiting for our oath for over 4 years.
What do you mean "if we knew"? Were you really clueless about being 65 days short???

egyo

Apr 24, 2012
Unfortunately I wasn't careful enough when I filled out the application to make the calculations accurately. Also, we thought, and it was a mistake, that even if we are short of a number of days, it won't matter since we are still in Canada and won't move anywhere else.

Bigudi said:
What do you mean "if we knew"? Were you really clueless about being 65 days short???

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
egyo said:
Unfortunately I wasn't careful enough when I filled out the application to make the calculations accurately. Also, we thought, and it was a mistake, that even if we are short of a number of days, it won't matter since we are still in Canada and won't move anywhere else.
Did you use the online calculator to determine your qualification days or did it all manual yourself?

It doesn't matter if you never move or left Canada since you submitted your application, either you meet the 1095 days or you didn't. If you didn't, it is automatically flagged for CJ for determination.

You could have easily withdrawn the application and re-submit it right away and likely have gotten citizenship long before seeing the CJ for first application.