+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

5years ban (misrepresentation) fraudulent account statement!!

Mosule

Aug 6, 2023
Hello ,
Please I need help,how do I lift a 5 years ban of misrepresentation? I gave an unprofessional agent my application for a study permit and that of my husband a work permit,he requested for our bank statement which we gave him but I think he altered it ..note this is without our knowledge although I have read the immigration officer holds us responsible for any documents submitted.please is there a possibility to appeal because the pfl he submitted wasn't sufficient enough,he only submitted an updated account statement without a proper explanation and also he dint show any of this to us ..we are still unaware of all that he submitted because he's not

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello ,
Please I need help,how do I lift a 5 years ban of misrepresentation? I gave an unprofessional agent my application for a study permit and that of my husband a work permit,he requested for our bank statement which we gave him but I think he altered it ..note this is without our knowledge although I have read the immigration officer holds us responsible for any documents submitted.please is there a possibility to appeal because the pfl he submitted wasn't sufficient enough,he only submitted an updated account statement without a proper explanation and also he dint show any of this to us ..we are still unaware of all that he submitted because he's not
So you responded to the PFL with documentation, and were given a 5 year ban. Or you need to respond to the PFL.

You will just want to wait out the ban. Blaming it on your agent is not a reason as you are the one who signs the application for submission. You are the one responsible, not your agent. IRCC made the correct decision. If you want to get a Canadian immigration lawyer to review your case but an appeal will most likely fail and you will have paid a lot of money in lawyer fees.

Mosule

Aug 6, 2023
Thank you for your response,but what if I am able to prove I don't sign any documents or even saw my application,so the agent dint allow us review or see what he sent in the pfl we are still trying to get our login information from him ..we just got duped

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for your response,but what if I am able to prove I don't sign any documents or even saw my application,so the agent dint allow us review or see what he sent in the pfl we are still trying to get our login information from him ..we just got duped
So when did you get the PFL? How many days do you have to respond?

Did you ask this agent to file for you? You are the one responsible even if agent didn’t allow to the review your file. You were duped but are responsible. You gave him authority since you sent him bank statements and other documents to file.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So you just got the letter and have days to respond. You may want to get a lawyer to help with response and to help you provide proper documentation but if you don’t the 5 year ban will start.

Mosule

Aug 6, 2023
Can we get a lawyer immediately and is there any chance of getting out of the ban because this just happened..

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Can we get a lawyer immediately and is there any chance of getting out of the ban because this just happened..
You need to hire a Canadian lawyer now. Can’t tell you your chances as you submitted false documentation which is very serious. There are no timelines for response from IRCC so can take many months to find out if you have a 5 year ban.