Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Aug-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
AOR1-28-Sept-2016,AOR2-20-oct-2016
File Transfer...
SA 7-Oct-2016 (ECAS in process oct 15,'16)/BC in Progress-dec 2 '16, pre-arrival received-dec 16'16
Med's Done....
22th July 2016-upfront(passed)-nov 28
Interview........
Waived :)
Passport Req..
And DM - 12-jan-'17- mycic -closed/approved-18-jan-'17
VISA ISSUED...
19-Jan-17
LANDED..........
28-jan-17 :)
canphil said:
are they against it because of different religion?
yes it is.

i'm guessing ur wife is christian. mostly i know, filipina with white they're parents are even proud of it.

if you don't mind me asking, since you be applying for common-law, why not as spouse, it will be an advantage in your case since you living together now.

cheers!

canphil

Jul 5, 2016
crazy D said:
yes it is.

i'm guessing ur wife is christian. mostly i know, filipina with white they're parents are even proud of it.

if you don't mind me asking, since you be applying for common-law, why not as spouse, it will be an advantage in your case since you living together now.

cheers!
yes she is Catholic and so am I.. so no problem with that. We've been living together for more than a year and it's like we already feel married and we are totally committed for life so just felt no need for it Also, her parents are not married either, together for 40 years. But there is a chance we will get married in future if we have a child

Do you and your husband practice your religion? Is it a problem between you two? For us we are both non practicing Catholics, ie we don't go to church every Sunday.

crazy D

Aug 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Aug-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA 7-Oct-2016 (ECAS in process oct 15,'16)/BC in Progress-dec 2 '16, pre-arrival received-dec 16'16
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
19-Jan-17
LANDED..........
canphil said:
yes she is Catholic and so am I.. so no problem with that. We've been living together for more than a year and it's like we already feel married and we are totally committed for life so just felt no need for it Also, her parents are not married either, together for 40 years. But there is a chance we will get married in future if we have a child

Do you and your husband practice your religion? Is it a problem between you two? For us we are both non practicing Catholics, ie we don't go to church every Sunday.
d

You might consider getting married first then apply as spouse since you both free to marry each other. I think other choose for common law cause either one of them is still married in the phili since there is no divorce here as per annulment is a long way process and expensive.

Not a all, we don't even pray 5x a day. we both respect each other belief. I didn't insist him to convert to Islam cause he is way a good person than a religious one.

Cheers!

deeafahd

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
Hello guys, I have a news from VO, today I received an e-mail asking to redo my medical exam (the last one it expired last month)...on October 4th my application will achieve 13 months (this is the maxim waiting time for my VO)...do you think is a good sign or not??...Do you think they can still refuse me after this stage ???????

Hardcookie

Jan 30, 2016
Nairobi
Category........
Visa Office......
NRB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
Doc's Request.
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2016
LANDED..........
09-11-2016
deeafahd said:
Hello guys, I have a news from VO, today I received an e-mail asking to redo my medical exam (the last one it expired last month)...on October 4th my application will achieve 13 months (this is the maxim waiting time for my VO)...do you think is a good sign or not??...Do you think they can still refuse me after this stage ???????
I think its a good sign. Someone is looking at your file. To me this is a good sign.

deeafahd

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
Hardcookie said:
I think its a good sign. Someone is looking at your file. To me this is a good sign.
Well... I know someone is looking at my file but I was wondering why would they tell me to redo my medical afterwards would call me for interview .
What I mean...when they call for an interview they are chances to denie you right?....so would they put anybody to redo the medical (spend quite a bit of money), then denie you base on eligibility....or because they are at this stage that mean I passes the eligibility step ?

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
deeafahd said:
Well... I know someone is looking at my file but I was wondering why would they tell me to redo my medical afterwards would call me for interview .
What I mean...when they call for an interview they are chances to denie you right?....so would they put anybody to redo the medical (spend quite a bit of money), then denie you base on eligibility....or because they are at this stage that mean I passes the eligibility step ?
Because this is immigration Canada where the abnormal becomes normal. I am not trying to be funny rather it is very difficult to understand and predict what is happening. All we can do is do what they ask. We are at their mercy. Good luck with your application.

crazy D

Aug 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Aug-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
19-Jan-17
LANDED..........
deeafahd said:
Hi, I think that's a good sign. Not all application can be done within the stated processing time of certain VO, that's only 80% done within processing time.
Mostly they request interview then re med if approved. But since they request you to redo you med .its a good sign then.

Good luck hope it's PPR next for u.

Cheers !

deeafahd

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
crazy D said:
Hi, I think that's a good sign. Not all application can be done within the stated processing time of certain VO, that's only 80% done within processing time.
Mostly they request interview then re med if approved. But since they request you to redo you med .its a good sign then.

Good luck hope it's PPR next for u.

Cheers !
Thank you for your for you nice thought, we believe the same like you that if there would be an interview or a refusal they would not ask us to redo the medical. That would be so bad if they put us to redo it and afterwards denie us.
We hope the PR is next. :)

deeafahd

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
hello my friends these days I was a bit confuse and also curious about what is going to happened to my application since they requested to redo my medical exam. While I was searching a lot I found an information about that right on CIC website. Here it is : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/medic/assess/cert.asp
Am I wrong or after I submit the medical exam the decision will be made? ??? That s what I understand from that phrase :
,,The process applies only to cases where a final decision is pending due to either:

the expiration of a medical certificate; or,
when the validity of the medical certificate is about to expire and the applicant is unable to land before it expires. ,,

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deeafahd said:
hello my friends these days I was a bit confuse and also curious about what is going to happened to my application since they requested to redo my medical exam. While I was searching a lot I found an information about that right on CIC website. Here it is : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/medic/assess/cert.asp
Am I wrong or after I submit the medical exam the decision will be made? ??? That s what I understand from that phrase :
,,The process applies only to cases where a final decision is pending due to either:

the expiration of a medical certificate; or,
when the validity of the medical certificate is about to expire and the applicant is unable to land before it expires. ,,
Reassessment is not the same as a request to do medicals , reassessment is done internally at CIC and extension may be granted of an extra year .a request to do medicals is a sign of a file not already mature for a final decision .

deeafahd

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
TANMEX said:
Reassessment is not the same as a request to do medicals , reassessment is done internally at CIC and extension may be granted of an extra year .a request to do medicals is a sign of a file not already mature for a final decision .
Omg I had so many hopes... Now I am feel so disappointed...
. So... If you said,, not already mature for a final decision,, that s mean they can still denie me whenever they decide even though they request that medical?

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deeafahd said:
Omg I had so many hopes... Now I am feel so disappointed...
. So... If you said,, not already mature for a final decision,, that s mean they can still denie me whenever they decide even though they request that medical?
I have seen few applicants were denied after re-medical request . don't be disappointed things can turn around fast for you

deeafahd

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
Ok I think you are right... But from what I read on other forum they can denie you just based on medical issues or backgroung issues (since backgroung is the next step)... Tell me if you think that is wrong...

Romania85

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4th, 2016
AOR Received.
July 22nd, 2016
File Transfer...
August 18th, 2016
Med's Request
June 15th, 2016
Passport Req..
November 9th, 2016
I would just redo the medical exam and hope for the best! They could have already taken a positive decision in your case, but are just waiting for the new medical exams to send you the visa :)