+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

368 CRS points in the Express Entry

samgegr8

Jul 24, 2015
Hi All,

I was going through this forum and it indeed helped me to get lot of information regarding Express Entry.
I Need few help here

1. I am an experience IT Software professional with 8 years of experince. Majorly 5 years as a Foreign Work Experience
2. I have a IELTS score of CLB 9 equivalent
3. My wife is a master degree holder in Economics.

With All this experience, I can see that the points that I am accumulating 368 which is lower than what is expected (450 is the cut-off) as per the last ITA received candidates

Let me know whether I need to go for PNP as I dont have the job. Help is needed to know the path forward

Thanks in advance

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samgegr8 said:
Hi All,

I was going through this forum and it indeed helped me to get lot of information regarding Express Entry.
I Need few help here

1. I am an experience IT Software professional with 8 years of experince. Majorly 5 years as a Foreign Work Experience

With All this experience, I can see that the points that I am accumulating 368 which is lower than what is expected (450 is the cut-off) as per the last ITA received candidates

Let me know whether I need to go for PNP as I dont have the job. Help is needed to know the path forward

Thanks in advance
You definitely need to go for PNP to boost up your score. With the number of current candidates in the EE pool, the scores are not expected to drop down to 370 level.

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
samgegr8 said:
Hi All,

I Need few help here

Thanks in advance
Apply for PEI PNP ASAP

samgegr8

Jul 24, 2015
Do I need to apply for PNP before creating the profile in CIC for Express Entry or I can apply and modify after I have received the nomination. Let me know also the process of PNP . One more question, I have apply for PNP and get the visa based on the PNP. Do I have to stay in that state for a stipulated time ?

Thanks a lot again for all the help

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samgegr8 said:
Do I need to apply for PNP before creating the profile in CIC for Express Entry or I can apply and modify after I have received the nomination. Let me know also the process of PNP . One more question, I have apply for PNP and get the visa based on the PNP. Do I have to stay in that state for a stipulated time ?

Thanks a lot again for all the help
Creating express entry profile is the first step. Most of the provinces, for instance Ontario will pick up candidates from express entry pool. Once they send you invitation, you will have to send (via post) them the copies of documents they request along with the processing fee. They will verify your information and within 90 days issue you a nominations and award you 600 points. Subsquently you will receive an ITA and you will again submit your documents and pay the fees to cic ( this time everything will be online). If everything goes as per the plan you will receive your PR within 6 months. This ofcourse is process for Ontario pnp and it may vary for each province.

Coming to question of staying in the province for stipulated time, well thats debatable and ideally ine should stay as a courtsey to that province but again you are free to go to any state.

MooseNBooze

Nov 6, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2016
LANDED..........
25-12-2016
Something is missing here, your CRS should be much igher if you've been through all the hoops. First, how about IELTS or CELPIP for your wife (assuming you have actual and valid results for both of you and assing you're including your wife in the application? Second, what about you and your wife's education transferability? If from outside Canada, have you had those degrees certified through a designated org?

I and the rest of the drunks in this forum will be more than happy to provide more info. If you don't have the above for you and/or your wife, you should look at those steps first.

Best wishes to you.

samgegr8

Jul 24, 2015
MooseNBooze said:
Something is missing here, your CRS should be much igher if you've been through all the hoops. First, how about IELTS or CELPIP for your wife (assuming you have actual and valid results for both of you and assing you're including your wife in the application? Second, what about you and your wife's education transferability? If from outside Canada, have you had those degrees certified through a designated org?

I and the rest of the drunks in this forum will be more than happy to provide more info. If you don't have the above for you and/or your wife, you should look at those steps first.

Best wishes to you.
Sorry Guys. It seems I was drunk when posting the details

1. I am a Master Degree Holder and I have already sent to WES for assessment. Most probably the Assessment will be for my Masters
2. My wife is a Master Degrees holder But I will not add her in the calculation by showing the ECA and IELTS as she is pregnant.

I thought, the kind of experience and the education would suffice to the need of the System. But yes the story is different, so I think I have to apply for EE and then the PNP. Let me know as a IT professional which state would be the best place to apply for PNP.

MooseNBooze

Nov 6, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2016
LANDED..........
25-12-2016
Ah ha, therein lies your problem. You might have personal reasons for not including your pregnant wife in the application ;) (jusy kidding, please don't take personally), but you should reconsider. Also, there's no wonder your score is as low as it is now. Without the ECA from WES, you're not getting anh education points. Finally, did you send your Bachelor degree credentials to WES as well? CIC needs and awards points based on individual higher secondary degrees, not based on the highest diploma achieved.

Good luck with your application and best wishes to you with the child on its way to being a Canadian :D

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
out of curiosity... what's her pregnancy got to do with her ability to speak English or with getting her masters accredited?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
purplesnow said:
out of curiosity... what's her pregnancy got to do with her ability to speak English or with getting her masters accredited?
Agreed. I don't understand this either. It makes no sense.

The wife will have to pass the medical regardless of whether she is accompanying or non-accompanying in order for the original poster to get his visa. So her pregnancy is going to delay things no matter how she is listed in the application.