Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 May 2010
Doc's Request.
18 October 2010
Nomination.....
CHC London 15 Jan 2011...
AOR Received.
1st AOR 18 Oct 2010 / 2nd AOR 16 June 2011..
IELTS Request
All Done..
File Transfer...
PARIS OFFICE
Med's Request
13 March 2013
Med's Done....
10 April 2013
Interview........
Medicals Results Received 15 Aug 2013...
Passport Req..
29 Sep 2013 Submitted @ Abu Dhabi U.A.E
VISA ISSUED...
01 Oct 2013
LANDED..........
Celebrated White Christmas in Vancouver..2013.
Hi, guys /Gals,

I am a RN in Muscat Oman.. I have sent my 2nd stage of doc after 120 days waiting for 2nd AOR... i HAVE also same time applied for Registration in the province i will be going....this will save time as there are a lot of formalities to get oneself registered in the provinice...

FARPADANA

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visa Office......
london
App. Filed.......
april 2009
Med's Request
10/05/2010-24/08/2010
Med's Done....
15/09/2010
Passport Req..
23/12/2010
VISA ISSUED...
12/12/2010
LANDED..........
20/08/2011
jijitipie said:
did she already received her interim permit? thanks
we are not landed yet though our deadline is July 15( already got the visa).actually awaiting my own assessment result to land.I hope I get some news of my application since we have a secure job in Kuwait oil company here in kuwait with a simillar income to canada.now she is reviewing IELTS general module .for the interim she has to be there and hold an IELTS certificate.

quebec

Feb 18, 2011
Hi,i am a registered nurse,passed CRNE from Ontario,planning for migration under FSW-1.Could anyone tell me,Am i eligible for 10 marks for employment????
Because it's a quote from CIC site.
You do not currently have a work permit and you do not intend to work in Canada before you have been issued a permanent resident visa>>>>>>>>>>> You have a full-time job offer that has been confirmed by HRSDC;
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Your employer has made an offer to give you a permanent job if your application is successful; and
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>You meet all required Canadian licensing or regulatory standards associated with the job.
pls give me some suggestions,thank u.

Kwatogmd

Star Member
Jan 6, 2011
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 8 2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with app
AOR Received.
March 23, 2011, 2ND AOR - 04/07/11
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
Sent with app
Interview........
Hopefully waived
Canimmigrant... Wow its nice to know that ur almost there huh. And ive seen in ur profile that ur just waitinf for ur passport to be returned with visa already :) i wish u all the best. I hope we will achieve our goals soon. And its a good thing u will also reside in ontario, we could probably see each other someday, who knows? :)) good luck and thanks for sharing all ur knowledge. God bless you and ur family

Its lizzy <3
Just used my husband's id thats why its kwatogmd hehehe

canimmigrant said:
hello kwatogmd... you are very much welcome... it is my pleasure to be of some help... so, to answer your questions...

So are u a nurse already? yes i am an RN but here in the Phils only... though i have a US license as well, it's just on paper due to the retrogression... i'm in the process of having myself registered in ontario and have just forwarded my assessment application november 2010... i am still awaiting further instructions from them...

Do you know what are trainings needed after passing CRNE before u could be hired in a hospital? Do they accept experiences from ur previous experience in phils? this is something i have no knowledge of at the moment... i believe someone in this thread said that it really depends on the province you wish to work in... in Ontario, it seems that the employers are more used to immigrants and are therefore open to hiring them... although previous work experience is good, i think it doesn't matter as much because everyone is treated as an entry level nurse in the canadian system... though i believe it will eventually show and will of course be to your advantage... what matters is you get licensed, that is the first step to get into their system... by the way, CNO usually takes anytime from 8mos to 1 year to decide on CRNE eligibilities so decide on the best time for you to begin your application...

i wish you well... goodluck!

CarribRN

Star Member
Jul 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
quebec said:
Hi,i am a registered nurse,passed CRNE from Ontario,planning for migration under FSW-1.Could anyone tell me,Am i eligible for 10 marks for employment????
Because it's a quote from CIC site.
You do not currently have a work permit and you do not intend to work in Canada before you have been issued a permanent resident visa>>>>>>>>>>> You have a full-time job offer that has been confirmed by HRSDC;
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Your employer has made an offer to give you a permanent job if your application is successful; and
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>You meet all required Canadian licensing or regulatory standards associated with the job.
pls give me some suggestions,thank u.
You need to have a job offer to get the 10 marks for employment. Licensure alone is not enough. What you posted from CIC website is actually a "set of requirements" that must be satisfied all together at the same time and not to be misunderstood or taken individually.

canimmigrant

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, PHILIPPINES
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2010
Med's Request
25-08-2010
Med's Done....
16-09-2010
Passport Req..
14-11-2010
Kwatogmd said:
Canimmigrant... Wow its nice to know that ur almost there huh. And ive seen in ur profile that ur just waitinf for ur passport to be returned with visa already :) i wish u all the best. I hope we will achieve our goals soon. And its a good thing u will also reside in ontario, we could probably see each other someday, who knows? :)) good luck and thanks for sharing all ur knowledge. God bless you and ur family

Its lizzy <3
Just used my husband's id thats why its kwatogmd hehehe
hello lizzy.. sure, let's hook up when you get there... we have been hit by the visa staggering and have been awaiting the return of our passports for almost 3 mos now... not the usual wait but i'm not complaining :D... we plan to land on sept of this year... i wish you and your family well... goodluck and keep in touch!

Olga64

Star Member
Aug 5, 2010
Belgium
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Doc's Request.
21-10-2010
AOR Received.
21-02-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
21-03-2011 &quot;Received at visa office&quot; 2nd AOR 21 March 2011
Med's Request
12 April 2011
Med's Done....
17 May 2001
Interview........
waiver
Passport Req..
15 June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 June 2011 exp 16 May 2012
LANDED..........
Sept 4 2011
quebec said:
Hi Congratulation, how long did you have to wait to get the results of your assessment from CNO? How was the exam? Any advice/Tips on studying would be gratefully appreciated.

Olga

quebec

Feb 18, 2011
Hi Olga,
I have studied mosby's,lippincots and CNA's CRNE preparation guide.mosby's comprehensive review is very good to revise all theory part.i got most questions from community nursing.
I strongly recommend you to read and understand the compendium.all questions coming based on the compendium.be thorough with all compendium,understand the trick of questions,refer and do self test with books as much u can.
I will tell u,u r spending this much money and time ,so dedicate your full time for study,u will get good score.god bless u.
quebec

canimmigrant

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, PHILIPPINES
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2010
Med's Request
25-08-2010
Med's Done....
16-09-2010
Passport Req..
14-11-2010
quebec said:
Hi Olga,
I have studied mosby's,lippincots and CNA's CRNE preparation guide.mosby's comprehensive review is very good to revise all theory part.i got most questions from community nursing.
I strongly recommend you to read and understand the compendium.all questions coming based on the compendium.be thorough with all compendium,understand the trick of questions,refer and do self test with books as much u can.
I will tell u,u r spending this much money and time ,so dedicate your full time for study,u will get good score.god bless u.
quebec
hello quebec.. what is COMPENDIUM? where can one get a copy of that? thanks!

Olga64

Star Member
Aug 5, 2010
Belgium
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Doc's Request.
21-10-2010
AOR Received.
21-02-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
21-03-2011 &quot;Received at visa office&quot; 2nd AOR 21 March 2011
Med's Request
12 April 2011
Med's Done....
17 May 2001
Interview........
waiver
Passport Req..
15 June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 June 2011 exp 16 May 2012
LANDED..........
Sept 4 2011
quebec said:
Hi Olga,
I have studied mosby's,lippincots and CNA's CRNE preparation guide.mosby's comprehensive review is very good to revise all theory ,u will get good score.god bless u.
quebec
Hi Thanks for the info, what do you means "compendium"

Olga

Kwatogmd

Star Member
Jan 6, 2011
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 8 2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with app
AOR Received.
March 23, 2011, 2ND AOR - 04/07/11
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
Sent with app
Interview........
Hopefully waived
Oh i see... Well maybe we wont notice time will pass by and passport will be back in just a nick of time. :p yeah i will look forward in seeing you there. Take care :)

Cheers,

Lizzy

canimmigrant said:
hello lizzy.. sure, let's hook up when you get there... we have been hit by the visa staggering and have been awaiting the return of our passports for almost 3 mos now... not the usual wait but i'm not complaining :D... we plan to land on sept of this year... i wish you and your family well... goodluck and keep in touch!

jijitipie

Nov 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila; noc 3152
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July8,2011
AOR Received.
Oct6,2011
File Transfer...
Nov15,2011
Med's Request
Jan4,2012
Med's Done....
Jan12,2012
Passport Req..
May 23,2012, PP received by CEM: May 28,2012 @ 10:30am
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2012
LANDED..........
July 2012
canimmigrant said:
the 8mos to 1 year is just a rough estimate and is a guideline for those who will not be granted immediate eligibility... if i'm not mistaken, carribrn from this thread got her eligibility after a year from the time she submitted her application... the 12 weeks is from the time the CNO receives ALL your documents (application, payment and verification of course and TOR)... they acknowledge this usually a month and a half after they receive your application... if they believe your education is sufficient, then you're lucky and will receive eligibility... for most nurses educated in the phils however, this is not the case... because our basic education lacks two years compared to canada's, the CNO usually gives us a choice to either do the BET (equivalent to SEC in other provinces), withdraw our application or undergo a bridging program... one kind blogger here suggested, if requested, that i opt to do the BET first anyways the college will have me do a bridging program if they find my BET insufficient (which i pray to God i won't have to do ???)... their decision takes around 4 to 5 mos i think once you submit your BET... so all in all, 8mos is a realistic waiting time... but it could be shorter if you are made eligible immediately, like FARDAPANA's wife...

best of luck to you!
HI did you received your BET already? :)
when did you graduate? do they assess our grades also?
In what way do we lack curriculum? :)

jijitipie

Nov 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila; noc 3152
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July8,2011
AOR Received.
Oct6,2011
File Transfer...
Nov15,2011
Med's Request
Jan4,2012
Med's Done....
Jan12,2012
Passport Req..
May 23,2012, PP received by CEM: May 28,2012 @ 10:30am
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2012
LANDED..........
July 2012
CarribRN said:
Hey! I'm a HE. :D

Anyways, It takes 3months for the CNO to assess your eligibility if you can take the CRNE but for someone coming from the Philippines they will normally ask you to do the BET which will naturally add up more time before the CNO can decide on your case. REmember that BSN in the Philippines is not at all equivalent to the BSN in Canada. Canada's BSN is equivalent to our BSN +master's degree in the Philippines. I know this as this is becoming quite a bit of a problem for me and my partner right now as we are trying to get into a masteral program in a Canadian University. But one of the the requirements to get into a masteral program in Canada is that you need to be a BSN grad. For the Filipinos, you need to be a BSN grad + with masteral degree. Anyways, I have heard that some BSN grads from the Philippines were not even asked to do the BET, if that is the case, then good for them, but I know for sure that 98-99% of those applicants coming from the Philippines will be required by the CNO to write the BET before their eligibility to take the CRNE can be assessed.
hi did you already received your bet?your my friend in fb right?

quebec

Feb 18, 2011
HI canimmigrant&olga,
Compendium is same like-protocols/policies/guidelines.If you r applying in ontario,u can find in cno.org site.
quebec

CarribRN

Star Member
Jul 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jijitipie said:
hi did you already received your bet?your my friend in fb right?
Yes. i'm done with it from early last year and have received my eligibility to take the CRNE since then.