15/09/2010
Passport Req..
23/12/2010
VISA ISSUED...
12/12/2010
LANDED..........
20/08/2011
jijitipie said:
thank you..ive been reviewing for ielts now and planning to take it next2 week..lol.
i thought ielts is a rush requirements..so i alloted 2 weeks to leave and just to review and
take the exam..but thank you for this info..somehow i can see things clearly now..

when did you submit un app in cno?
[/quo

it was on last november

chrisdalop

Star Member
Jan 30, 2010
FARPADANA said:
jijitipie said:
thank you..ive been reviewing for ielts now and planning to take it next2 week..lol.
i thought ielts is a rush requirements..so i alloted 2 weeks to leave and just to review and
take the exam..but thank you for this info..somehow i can see things clearly now..

when did you submit un app in cno?
[/quo

it was on last november

Rene_8000

Apr 2, 2010
Davao City Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 26, 2010
Doc's Request.
April 24, 2010
AOR Received.
July 14, 2010 2nd aor and received by vo ecas status
IELTS Request
done in CIO application
File Transfer...
July 5, 2010
Med's Request
Sept. 20, 2010
Med's Done....
Sept. 24, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
November 24, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Sept. 24, 2010 as stated on the PPR/ may 31, 2011
LANDED..........
June 19, 2011
gion_m13 said:
hi rene.ano ang mga kailangan na requirements for assessment sa manitoba? pwede ba ako philippine rn tas i had 4 years work experience? kailangan paba akong mg sec or bridging program in order to get eligibility?thanks
Crne will decide if you will undergo sec or not. There are several requirements para for iqas assessment just refer to their website. Search mo nalang I cannot remember na eh. 3 years nga Lang in acknowledge ng iqas yung 4 year nursing course ko so I think I have to go a bridging course.

Kwatogmd

Star Member
Jan 6, 2011
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 8 2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with app
AOR Received.
March 23, 2011, 2ND AOR - 04/07/11
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
Sent with app
Interview........
Hopefully waived
canimmigrant said:
yes, upp942 is right, the CRNE is given only in Canada, three times a year... very much like our NLE here in the Philippines... if you want to apply, you need to have your papers assessed by the province you want to practice in... in your case, the College of Nurses of Ontario... the assessment fee for Internationally Educated Nurses (IEN) is 678$CAN if i'm not mistaken... they just increased this last june 2010 (it used to be 173$CAN - if i'm not mistaken again haha!)... you give your details online and they email you your initial application packet... you fill these out and send it back to them... you can pay using CC or BD... i suggest CC so you'll know they received your application already as they do not contact you for at least three months from the time you submit your application (that is what's happening in my case :-[

i hope this helps you... it's best to have yourself assessed early so you're still here to take care of your requirements... i hope everything works out well for you ;D

Ngayon ko lang nabasa to. Ndi kasi ako regular ngchecheck. Thanks so much for the info. Yah i already got the assessment package. But still confused, ako lang ba magfill out nito? Ndi ba ko magpapasign sa school where i got my nursing course? And another thing, wala pa kasi ako 1st aor, do u think its more ideal if i should wait for the 1st aor first before ko ipadala sa ontario? Baka kasi if magtuloy tuloy maobliged ako magexam sa nex sched nila while ndi pa ko pwde mag land if ever for ex. Wala pang visa. Im so confused :( pls advise if u can still do :) thanks a lot!

i wish you well... goodluck!

Kwatogmd

Star Member
Jan 6, 2011
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 8 2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with app
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
Sent with app
Interview........
Hopefully waived
upp942 said:
Let me try answering your question while waiting for Aspire's response. As far as I know, CRNEs can only be taken in Canada.
Hi upp,

Thanks for the answer :)

Kwatogmd

Star Member
Jan 6, 2011
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 8 2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with app
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
Sent with app
Interview........
Hopefully waived

canimmigrant

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, PHILIPPINES
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2010
Med's Request
25-08-2010
Med's Done....
16-09-2010
Passport Req..
14-11-2010
Ngayon ko lang nabasa to. Ndi kasi ako regular ngchecheck. Thanks so much for the info. Yah i already got the assessment package. But still confused, ako lang ba magfill out nito? yes, you will fill out the application plus half of the 1st page for the VERIFICATION OF COURSE COMPLETION AND TRANSCRIPT REQUEST... you will forward the said transcript request form to your school of nursing and pay the necessary fees for your school to process what the CNO requires them to provide... then YOUR nursing school will fill out their part of the form and they, in theory, should be the one to forward this to CNO with your complete course descriptions and TOR... Ndi ba ko magpapasign sa school where i got my nursing course? And another thing, wala pa kasi ako 1st aor, do u think its more ideal if i should wait for the 1st aor first before ko ipadala sa ontario? Baka kasi if magtuloy tuloy maobliged ako magexam sa nex sched nila while ndi pa ko pwde mag land if ever for ex. Wala pang visa. Im so confused pls advise if u can still do thanks a lot! this is really up to you... but i suggest you wait for a favorable reply form the CIO first... ideally, this is just for me at least, if you already received your Medical Request, you're half way there... it's probably the best time to file your assessment with the CNO... that's what i did...

if you're worried that you will be obliged to sit for the CRNE immediately, the CNO will not and cannot force you to sit for the CRNE if you do not want to... the assessment is just the first step to get registered with them... taking the CRNE is another requirement and will require another fee... so taking and scheduling for it, once you have been deemed eligible by the college, is entirely up to you... i'm just not clear on whether they have a deadline for you to complete your registration from the time you receive your eligibility to sit for the CRNE... i mean i don't know if it's like the NCLEX where their ETT (ELIGIBILITY TO TEST) is valid for up to 2 years only (if my memory is not failing me) so you have to sit for the exam within this period or they will destroy your files and you will have to re-apply if you want to take the test... maybe someone else here can help answer that...

i hope this helps you... i wish you well... ;D i hope you don't mind me replying in english... it's because i see there are other nationalities who are following this thread... God bless! ;D

Kwatogmd

Star Member
Jan 6, 2011
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 8 2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with app
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
Sent with app
Interview........
Hopefully waived
Hey you know what? I really appreciate your advise. It helps me a lot. I prefer to follow what you did, so i'll wait for my common-law's(he is the principal applicant) request for medical from the CIO and then i will file the form to CNO :) sure its not a bigdeal wether u answer it in english or tagalog, what important is i do understand ur message. Lol! :))) i hope u wont mind if i will keep on asking details about being a hired nurse in canada since i have no idea at all on that and also, i dont know anyone whose a nurse from phils to canada. Thats why ur like an angel from heaven who tries to help someone like me. Thanks thanks so much :)

So are u a nurse already? Do you know what are trainings needed after passing CRNE before u could be hired in a hospital? Do they accept experiences from ur previous experience in phils?

canimmigrant said:
Ngayon ko lang nabasa to. Ndi kasi ako regular ngchecheck. Thanks so much for the info. Yah i already got the assessment package. But still confused, ako lang ba magfill out nito? yes, you will fill out the application plus half of the 1st page for the VERIFICATION OF COURSE COMPLETION AND TRANSCRIPT REQUEST... you will forward the said transcript request form to your school of nursing and pay the necessary fees for your school to process what the CNO requires them to provide... then YOUR nursing school will fill out their part of the form and they, in theory, should be the one to forward this to CNO with your complete course descriptions and TOR... Ndi ba ko magpapasign sa school where i got my nursing course? And another thing, wala pa kasi ako 1st aor, do u think its more ideal if i should wait for the 1st aor first before ko ipadala sa ontario? Baka kasi if magtuloy tuloy maobliged ako magexam sa nex sched nila while ndi pa ko pwde mag land if ever for ex. Wala pang visa. Im so confused pls advise if u can still do thanks a lot! this is really up to you... but i suggest you wait for a favorable reply form the CIO first... ideally, this is just for me at least, if you already received your Medical Request, you're half way there... it's probably the best time to file your assessment with the CNO... that's what i did...

if you're worried that you will be obliged to sit for the CRNE immediately, the CNO will not and cannot force you to sit for the CRNE if you do not want to... the assessment is just the first step to get registered with them... taking the CRNE is another requirement and will require another fee... so taking and scheduling for it, once you have been deemed eligible by the college, is entirely up to you... i'm just not clear on whether they have a deadline for you to complete your registration from the time you receive your eligibility to sit for the CRNE... i mean i don't know if it's like the NCLEX where their ETT (ELIGIBILITY TO TEST) is valid for up to 2 years only (if my memory is not failing me) so you have to sit for the exam within this period or they will destroy your files and you will have to re-apply if you want to take the test... maybe someone else here can help answer that...

i hope this helps you... i wish you well... ;D i hope you don't mind me replying in english... it's because i see there are other nationalities who are following this thread... God bless! ;D

canimmigrant

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, PHILIPPINES
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2010
Med's Request
25-08-2010
Med's Done....
16-09-2010
Passport Req..
14-11-2010
hello kwatogmd... you are very much welcome... it is my pleasure to be of some help... so, to answer your questions...

So are u a nurse already? yes i am an RN but here in the Phils only... though i have a US license as well, it's just on paper due to the retrogression... i'm in the process of having myself registered in ontario and have just forwarded my assessment application november 2010... i am still awaiting further instructions from them...

Do you know what are trainings needed after passing CRNE before u could be hired in a hospital? Do they accept experiences from ur previous experience in phils? this is something i have no knowledge of at the moment... i believe someone in this thread said that it really depends on the province you wish to work in... in Ontario, it seems that the employers are more used to immigrants and are therefore open to hiring them... although previous work experience is good, i think it doesn't matter as much because everyone is treated as an entry level nurse in the canadian system... though i believe it will eventually show and will of course be to your advantage... what matters is you get licensed, that is the first step to get into their system... by the way, CNO usually takes anytime from 8mos to 1 year to decide on CRNE eligibilities so decide on the best time for you to begin your application...

jijitipie

Nov 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila; noc 3152
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July8,2011
AOR Received.
Oct6,2011
File Transfer...
Nov15,2011
Med's Request
Jan4,2012
Med's Done....
Jan12,2012
Passport Req..
May 23,2012, PP received by CEM: May 28,2012 @ 10:30am
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2012
LANDED..........
July 2012
FARPADANA said:
you have to provide IELTS result later not for the assessment. once you got the illigibility letter then you may submit it.
she was not ask for a BET since her education satisfied the CNO.
did she already received her interim permit? thanks

jijitipie

Nov 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila; noc 3152
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July8,2011
AOR Received.
Oct6,2011
File Transfer...
Nov15,2011
Med's Request
Jan4,2012
Med's Done....
Jan12,2012
Passport Req..
May 23,2012, PP received by CEM: May 28,2012 @ 10:30am
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2012
LANDED..........
July 2012
canimmigrant said:
hello kwatogmd... you are very much welcome... it is my pleasure to be of some help... so, to answer your questions...

So are u a nurse already? yes i am an RN but here in the Phils only... though i have a US license as well, it's just on paper due to the retrogression... i'm in the process of having myself registered in ontario and have just forwarded my assessment application november 2010... i am still awaiting further instructions from them...

Do you know what are trainings needed after passing CRNE before u could be hired in a hospital? Do they accept experiences from ur previous experience in phils? this is something i have no knowledge of at the moment... i believe someone in this thread said that it really depends on the province you wish to work in... in Ontario, it seems that the employers are more used to immigrants and are therefore open to hiring them... although previous work experience is good, i think it doesn't matter as much because everyone is treated as an entry level nurse in the canadian system... though i believe it will eventually show and will of course be to your advantage... what matters is you get licensed, that is the first step to get into their system... by the way, CNO usually takes anytime from 8mos to 1 year to decide on CRNE eligibilities so decide on the best time for you to begin your application...

hi..i thought it will only take 12 weeks for the eligibility result? how come it become 8mos to 1 year?
anyways..May i know what school did you came from? what year did you graduate?Thanks. I want to have an idea how they assess our curriculum..i also sent my applications last november2010..but sad to say..they just returned my app this feb because they tought i didnt pay so it didnt match their forms..but i already sent them back my files..they told me to wait up to 12 weeks.so i guess,.it means the months covered last november2010 was not counted..so i guess..it will take me a total of 24 weeks of waiting..i just hope it will all paid off..goodluck to us..

canimmigrant

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, PHILIPPINES
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2010
Med's Request
25-08-2010
Med's Done....
16-09-2010
Passport Req..
14-11-2010
jijitipie said:
hi..i thought it will only take 12 weeks for the eligibility result? how come it become 8mos to 1 year?
anyways..May i know what school did you came from? what year did you graduate?Thanks. I want to have an idea how they assess our curriculum..i also sent my applications last november2010..but sad to say..they just returned my app this feb because they tought i didnt pay so it didnt match their forms..but i already sent them back my files..they told me to wait up to 12 weeks.so i guess,.it means the months covered last november2010 was not counted..so i guess..it will take me a total of 24 weeks of waiting..i just hope it will all paid off..goodluck to us..
the 8mos to 1 year is just a rough estimate and is a guideline for those who will not be granted immediate eligibility... if i'm not mistaken, carribrn from this thread got her eligibility after a year from the time she submitted her application... the 12 weeks is from the time the CNO receives ALL your documents (application, payment and verification of course and TOR)... they acknowledge this usually a month and a half after they receive your application... if they believe your education is sufficient, then you're lucky and will receive eligibility... for most nurses educated in the phils however, this is not the case... because our basic education lacks two years compared to canada's, the CNO usually gives us a choice to either do the BET (equivalent to SEC in other provinces), withdraw our application or undergo a bridging program... one kind blogger here suggested, if requested, that i opt to do the BET first anyways the college will have me do a bridging program if they find my BET insufficient (which i pray to God i won't have to do ???)... their decision takes around 4 to 5 mos i think once you submit your BET... so all in all, 8mos is a realistic waiting time... but it could be shorter if you are made eligible immediately, like FARDAPANA's wife...

best of luck to you!

CarribRN

Star Member
Jul 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canimmigrant said:
the 8mos to 1 year is just a rough estimate and is a guideline for those who will not be granted immediate eligibility... if i'm not mistaken, carribrn from this thread got her eligibility after a year from the time she submitted her application... the 12 weeks is from the time the CNO receives ALL your documents (application, payment and verification of course and TOR)... they acknowledge this usually a month and a half after they receive your application... if they believe your education is sufficient, then you're lucky and will receive eligibility... for most nurses educated in the phils however, this is not the case... because our basic education lacks two years compared to canada's, the CNO usually gives us a choice to either do the BET (equivalent to SEC in other provinces), withdraw our application or undergo a bridging program... one kind blogger here suggested, if requested, that i opt to do the BET first anyways the college will have me do a bridging program if they find my BET insufficient (which i pray to God i won't have to do ???)... their decision takes around 4 to 5 mos i think once you submit your BET... so all in all, 8mos is a realistic waiting time... but it could be shorter if you are made eligible immediately, like FARDAPANA's wife...

best of luck to you!
Hey! I'm a HE. :D

Anyways, It takes 3months for the CNO to assess your eligibility if you can take the CRNE but for someone coming from the Philippines they will normally ask you to do the BET which will naturally add up more time before the CNO can decide on your case. REmember that BSN in the Philippines is not at all equivalent to the BSN in Canada. Canada's BSN is equivalent to our BSN +master's degree in the Philippines. I know this as this is becoming quite a bit of a problem for me and my partner right now as we are trying to get into a masteral program in a Canadian University. But one of the the requirements to get into a masteral program in Canada is that you need to be a BSN grad. For the Filipinos, you need to be a BSN grad + with masteral degree. Anyways, I have heard that some BSN grads from the Philippines were not even asked to do the BET, if that is the case, then good for them, but I know for sure that 98-99% of those applicants coming from the Philippines will be required by the CNO to write the BET before their eligibility to take the CRNE can be assessed.

CarribRN

Star Member
Jul 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canimmigrant said:

CNO told me eligibility to take the CRNE is valid up to 4 years. If after 4 years you still don't take your CRNE, then they will ask you to submit yet another set of documents to prove the recency of your nursing practice.

canimmigrant

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, PHILIPPINES
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2010
Med's Request
25-08-2010
Med's Done....
16-09-2010
Passport Req..
14-11-2010
CarribRN said:
CNO told me eligibility to take the CRNE is valid up to 4 years. If after 4 years you still don't take your CRNE, then they will ask you to submit yet another set of documents to prove the recency of your nursing practice.
oh, my mistake, you're a rare male nurse pala haha!

anyways, thanks for the info...