+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2nd attempt of ielts frusturation

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
raven00090 said:
I am considering this. Only thing is 8 weeks seems long. I know that it is kind of unlikely for EE draws to cut off at 460 or so but then who knows? Even with retaking the exam, the wait would be nearly half or less.
I might do both retake and re evaluate

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
best option is to revaluate, even my brother had 6.5, revaluation bumped his score to 7.

If you are very confident of writing ielts well and repeating previous scores (except writing when u can improve more) then write the exam again, while you submit for revaluation.

FYI - if your score increases after revaluation, they will refund the reval fees

perfectSkilledMigrant

Sep 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Nomination.....
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-11-2015
Passport Req..
31-07-2017
Wolverine17 said:
Just got my scores for my 2nd attempt in ielts,scored 8 speaking,8.5 listening,6.5 writing and 8.5 reading,what are my chances of having an extra 0.5 in writing
Go on engvid.com and check their IELTS videos .... their advice will give you at least 7 ... I got 8 even when I thought my topic was difficult and didnt have much to write about it.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
thestunner316 said:
best option is to revaluate, even my brother had 6.5, revaluation bumped his score to 7.

If you are very confident of writing ielts well and repeating previous scores (except writing when u can improve more) then write the exam again, while you submit for revaluation.

FYI - if your score increases after revaluation, they will refund the reval fees
I will re evaluate and sametime might re sit the exam in hopes of having higher scores in all but i doubt that i will have higher score than 8.5 in reading and listening anyways,speaking am not sure if i can score more than 8 as well,not will try to improve my writing so that i can score more than 7 and make it worth it,untill this moment am confused not really sure if i should just re evaluate or re sit the exam or if i should wait for a re evaluation first and then decide if i will re sit the exam or not

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Guys am curious how strict is ielts in changing scores during re evaluations?also whats the minimum and maximum time for re evaluation,i applied for mine the first exam almost 8 weeks now and didnt get any updates yet

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
it takes 4-8 weeks usually..
my bro got his reval done in 4 weeks, but document did say can take upto 8

Wolverine17 said:
Guys am curious how strict is ielts in changing scores during re evaluations?also whats the minimum and maximum time for re evaluation,i applied for mine the first exam almost 8 weeks now and didnt get any updates yet
Wolverine17 said:

nEVERgiveUP751

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
Vancouver
Go for revaluation, if you are confident of higher scores.
Recently I given my ielts exam, I got L-8.5 R-8 W-6 S-6.5. I applied for revaluation of writing and speaking sections. Today I got my new scores

W - 7, S-7

shahidzaiba

Jul 17, 2016
nEVERgiveUP751 said:
Recently I given my ielts exam, I got L-8.5 R-8 W-6 S-6.5. I applied for revaluation of writing and speaking sections. Today I got my new scores

W - 7, S-7
Was that through British council or IDP and from which country you took up the test?

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
thestunner316 said:

The only problem with re evaluation is time,i applied for a re evaluation for my first attempt and untill now didnt recieve the results eventhough its been 8 weeks already,am going to loose extra 5 points because of the age factor by new year thats why am In a hurry .

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
nEVERgiveUP751 said:

W - 7, S-7
How good was your writing honestly?to be honest i didnt have strong ideas to write because the topic was too hard

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
I applied for another exam and re evaluation as well,my question is how to improve my writing and make sure to score same scores in other modules

umers36

Nov 24, 2007
Guys I did IELTS in March 2015 with overall score of 7 and nothing less than 7. Is my IELTS still valid to apply for PR?

Augustiner

Star Member
Aug 13, 2016
@Wolverine17:
Writing is the hardest skill to improve, we just have to practice real hard. It's the best and only way.
To me, the Listening part requires you to get no more than 5 questions wrong (at least 35/40) is somehow a problem for me. I've lived in the US for 7 years and the English accent is something that I am not aware of problem.
My last results: L7.5, R8.5, S7.5, W7.
That's it, I think I got 1 question short of requirement to get 8 in Listening. I failed. And you know we can only reevaluate the S and W tests. There is nothing you can do about the other 2 tests.
So I practice listening tests everyday for 1 month now, read all tips, tricks and strategies for Listening. As yet, I still need lucks to get perfect scores (8777).
I don't know what everyone else is thinking, but when I saw all rounds of invitation, I think September is going to be a month for attention. This feeling brought me a rush in mind.
Overall, whether it is IELTS or EE, we need a calm mind. That's how we can get the scores we need.
;), anyway, you spelled frustration wrong, that's a simplest way to fail a writing test. It is good though, we don't need that word.