+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2023 PR Applications Timeline (Protected Persons & Refugees)

mappleowlqc

Dec 6, 2023
Montreal
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CTD Missisuaga - Montreal Immigration
App. Filed.......
17-12-2022
Hi-hi!
Applied: Dec 2022
AOR:May 2023
CSQ issued: July 2023 (applied in April 2023, since moving to Québec from Ontario)
Eligibility passed: Nov 2023
Medical - passed expired from 2021

P.S. I just checked the processing times and it gave me an idea. Let's reach out the CBC and see if they can bring the backlog to Ottawa's attention. This kinda worked for Refugee Travel Documents, so why shouldn't we try? Worst case scenario, we'd just be ignored and would have to wait out 25 months out. Feel free to reach out if you're down :)

Reactions: pouya1991

mappleowlqc

Dec 6, 2023
Montreal
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
17-12-2022
Guys pls anyone tell me that will i need to apply for csq as i applied my pr as a protected person in Quebec and when should i apply it before aor or after aor and also one thing i mentioned in the pr application that i intend to live in ontario in future
I moved to QC from ON this April and applied for my PR in December 2022. Yes, apply for CSQ with MIFI for "refugees recognized in Canada". Even through you lived in a different province before, you have to apply for CSQ since you live in QC now. Just fill out the form, add your Notice of Decision, IDs and whatever else the form asks for a mail it MIFI. Give them 3-5 months to process your application. Note that without the CSQ you can't get RAMQ and most other stuff. You need CSQ for RAMQ, student loans, and so on.

mappleowlqc

Dec 6, 2023
Montreal
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
17-12-2022
I’m athlete and Ministor send request directly for my case

so my pr card will issue by end of 2023?
Hey, could you share your story here? How did you reach out to the Minister, what documents did you have to provide, did you use a lawyer to help you and so on? Are you thinking or using the Minister's decree for citizenship as well or just PR?

B-Nice

Feb 28, 2023
Hey everyone, received an email today from CIC, states

We are sending you a letter to let you kno that your application for PR has been received on 2023-08-31. Says it’s to confirm that my application has been received and in queue for review, and no action is required at this time. Andwent further saying they provided me with a temporal number beginning with XG…

just to ask is this an AOR??
Have they checked and I met with all requirements? Or they still have to check to see if everything is correct before sending a permanent number?
Please anyone..
Thank you

zak86

Nov 13, 2019
Hi-hi!
Applied: Dec 2022
AOR:May 2023
CSQ issued: July 2023 (applied in April 2023, since moving to Québec from Ontario)
Eligibility passed: Nov 2023
Medical - passed expired from 2021

P.S. I just checked the processing times and it gave me an idea. Let's reach out the CBC and see if they can bring the backlog to Ottawa's attention. This kinda worked for Refugee Travel Documents, so why shouldn't we try? Worst case scenario, we'd just be ignored and would have to wait out 25 months out. Feel free to reach out if you're down :)
thanks for posting the same timeline as you fingers are crossed let's see what is next.. but for me asked for additional documents in may rest is the same.

zak86

Nov 13, 2019

We are sending you a letter to let you kno that your application for PR has been received on 2023-08-31. Says it’s to confirm that my application has been received and in queue for review, and no action is required at this time. Andwent further saying they provided me with a temporal number beginning with XG…

Have they checked and I met with all requirements? Or they still have to check to see if everything is correct before sending a permanent number?
Please anyone..
Thank you
Yes it is AOR good Luck..

Reactions: B-Nice

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022

Please anyone..
Thank you
Hi,
They are still reviewing your application. And they will send your AOR later. AOR will be same numbers but no X at the beginning. When you remove X it will be your application number. You can link your application after you received your AOR.

Reactions: B-Nice

mappleowlqc

Dec 6, 2023
Montreal
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
17-12-2022
thanks for posting the same timeline as you fingers are crossed let's see what is next.. but for me asked for additional documents in may rest is the same.
What did you ask you for if no secret?

zak86

Nov 13, 2019
Hi,
They are still reviewing your application. And they will send your AOR later. AOR will be same numbers but no X at the beginning. When you remove X it will be your application number. You can link your application after you received your AOR.
as far as I know, AOR is acknowledgment of receipt and AIP is a different thing when they start processing they send X number then you can link however when they receive or open a file or assign it to an officer they send AOR which shows like they have received application .. correct me if I am wrong.

B-Nice

Feb 28, 2023
as far as I know, AOR is acknowledgment of receipt and AIP is a different thing when they start processing they send X number then you can link however when they receive or open a file or assign it to an officer they send AOR which shows like they have received application .. correct me if I am wrong.
Now I’m confused!!
Is this AOR??
Because the other person is saying something else. Please clarity….
Will I receive another AOR with permanent numbers??
And does this first letter means everything on my file is correct and they can start process??

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Yes they are different. They have not started processing yet. They are just reviewing the application. When they start processing they will send the AOR. When you receive the AOR you can link your application. It’s without X.
For example I applied May 30th and received AOR November 10th. But before AOR agent gave me the number starting with X.

Shiny12

Star Member
Apr 19, 2023
Hi,
I have received a PCC and biometrics requests. But I haven't received my AOR.
My question is how I can submit the PCC through GCKey as I linked my application but I don't know how to upload the PCC. Can someone guide me where exactly I can upload any document in the GCKey portal?
Thanks in advance.

zak86

Nov 13, 2019
Hi,
I have received a PCC and biometrics requests. But I haven't received my AOR.
My question is how I can submit the PCC through GCKey as I linked my application but I don't know how to upload the PCC. Can someone guide me where exactly I can upload any document in the GCKey portal?
Thanks in advance.
you can send them via a web form and they will acknowledge it or you can mail them too or you can do both as when they send anything so they provide you method as well so do it accordingly.