+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2023 PR Applications Timeline (Protected Persons & Refugees)

jinglebell0123

Jun 4, 2021
Burnaby, Canada
Category........
Other
I also applied Feb 2023. Nothing so far but the portal changed to include a grey-out view and delete.
same thing here, it only says submitted. I think there won't be any status update from the portal, I read that we have to use below online tool to check the status but it only shows your application when they started processing the application.
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/introduction.do?app=ecas

Reactions: Db1000

jinglebell0123

Jun 4, 2021
Burnaby, Canada
Category........
Other
Please I just came to Canada through Study permit last week and I will like to claim Asylum, Please how can I go about?
first step is to get a lawyer, if you can't afford a lawyer then call legal aid, they will get you a lawyer and they pay for it. the lawyer will guide you for your next steps. but if you know what to do then you can fill and submit BOC forms online through IRCC portal. Here has full info and instructions: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/refugees/claim-protection-inside-canada/apply.html#s12

Omoola1228

May 13, 2023
first step is to get a lawyer, if you can't afford a lawyer then call legal aid, they will get you a lawyer and they pay for it. the lawyer will guide you for your next steps. but if you know what to do then you can fill and submit BOC forms online through IRCC portal. Here has full info and instructions: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/refugees/claim-protection-inside-canada/apply.html#s12
Thanks, please can I submit the BOC online before meeting with the Lawyer and what is the time limit for submitting application?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Thanks, please can I submit the BOC online before meeting with the Lawyer and what is the time limit for submitting application?
You can, but I suggest you get a lawyer first to review your case before uploading BOC. Why you are taking refugee route and you have study permit?

Omoola1228

May 13, 2023
You can, but I suggest you get a lawyer first to review your case before uploading BOC. Why you are taking refugee route and you have study permit?
I sincerely used the Student Visa to escape some threat from my country , I don't have means to fund my study

jinglebell0123

Jun 4, 2021
Burnaby, Canada
Category........
Other
sure you can as there isn't a specific time limit to submit the BOC files. But it is always better to waste no time and have a lawyer on your side, they can be very useful about what to write in the BOC form to avoid confusion and to make it short. Depending on their availability legal aid lawyers usually get in touch with you in a couple weeks or even less. Also be patient as the refugee process takes a lot of time.

Omoola1228

May 13, 2023
sure you can as there isn't a specific time limit to submit the BOC files. But it is always better to waste no time and have a lawyer on your side, they can be very useful about what to write in the BOC form to avoid confusion and to make it short. Depending on their availability legal aid lawyers usually get in touch with you in a couple weeks or even less. Also be patient as the refugee process takes a lot of time.
Thanks, please which is advisable between getting a legal aid or hiring a lawyer.

jinglebell0123

Jun 4, 2021
Burnaby, Canada
Category........
Other
Thanks, please which is advisable between getting a legal aid or hiring a lawyer.
if you can't afford a private one then you can get a legal aid lawyer, people say private lawyers are working more seriously on cases but in my case my legal aid lawyer was the best. As you mentioned you couldn't proceed with studying then I assume getting a legal aid lawyer is best suited for you.

Reactions: dymfex

souna2023

May 14, 2023
Hi there. Please is there anybody please here on the group have applied on the past and have received a favorite response? Also please is there any experience of refusal that can be shared to see the reason of refusal if possible .
Thank you so much guys

Omoola1228

May 13, 2023
if you can't afford a private one then you can get a legal aid lawyer, people say private lawyers are working more seriously on cases but in my case my legal aid lawyer was the best. As you mentioned you couldn't proceed with studying then I assume getting a legal aid lawyer is best suited for you.
Please, how do I contact the Legal aid, am in Montreal, can you give me your legal aid referrer? Thanks