+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2023 PR Applications Timeline (Protected Persons & Refugees)

inaya.i

Oct 25, 2023
Applied for pr May 30th
November 9th I received police certificate request.
November 10th AOR
November 9th my partner (in Canada/not refugee) received biometric and medical request.
That’s all for now.
ive noticed they are taking long for those with police certificates. I submitted mine too but havent heard anything yet. submitted PCC in march 2024

Reactions: himankkohli6

Roxanne88

Mar 30, 2024
Hello brothers and sisters, I applied for PR inside Canada, under the refugee class , after I got my positive decision from RPD in Feb 2023. I received an account number starting with G in July 2023 . On March 2, 2024, IRCC emailed me about pre-arrival services for my dependents back home in Asia. On March 20, 2024, I received a hard copy mail stating that I passed the eligibility for PR and that the final decision will be made after the background/criminal check of me and my dependents . Its May 2024, and I'm anxiously waiting for another update. So help me, God. I hope this encourages everyone.Be patient

Reactions: himankkohli6

himankkohli6

Jun 2, 2023
Hello brothers and sisters, I applied for PR inside Canada, under the refugee class , after I got my positive decision from RPD in Feb 2023. I received an account number starting with G in July 2023 . On March 2, 2024, IRCC emailed me about pre-arrival services for my dependents back home in Asia. On March 20, 2024, I received a hard copy mail stating that I passed the eligibility for PR and that the final decision will be made after the background/criminal check of me and my dependents . Its May 2024, and I'm anxiously waiting for another update. So help me, God. I hope this encourages everyone.Be patient
Hey in which province do you live? And from which country you are originally from ?

iftikhar0022

Star Member
Nov 14, 2018
I am overseas dependent in UAE I received this email today

Dear Applicant,

You have been identified as a family member/dependent of an in-Canada applicant for permanent residence. As a result, you must be assessed for eligibility and admissibility whether or not you will be accompanying the in-Canada applicant. A visa may or may not be issued to you at the end of the processing even if it has been established that you meet all statutory requirements.

Family members of protected persons in Canada do not need to be examined to enable the protected person to become a permanent resident, however, an examination is still required so may you be sponsored as dependents.

In order to initiate the processing, family members/dependents living abroad must submit a completed application to the nearest Canadian Visa Officer. In this case, your application will be processed by the Embassy of Canada in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.

Please note that as of July 18, 2011, applicants for Permanent Residence are asked to complete the new Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008). Applicants must complete the form electronically and validate the information to generate 2D barcodes before printing. Please submit all the required forms and supporting documents in the attached checklist via the following method:

My question is that I have submitted all the documents to them earlier, so they sent me the checklist again of all the documents, so I don't understand that now I have to send all the documents to them again.

agbasunne

May 19, 2023
Moncton
Visa Office......
IRCC
I am overseas dependent in UAE I received this email today

Dear Applicant,

You have been identified as a family member/dependent of an in-Canada applicant for permanent residence. As a result, you must be assessed for eligibility and admissibility whether or not you will be accompanying the in-Canada applicant. A visa may or may not be issued to you at the end of the processing even if it has been established that you meet all statutory requirements.

Family members of protected persons in Canada do not need to be examined to enable the protected person to become a permanent resident, however, an examination is still required so may you be sponsored as dependents.

In order to initiate the processing, family members/dependents living abroad must submit a completed application to the nearest Canadian Visa Officer. In this case, your application will be processed by the Embassy of Canada in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.

Please note that as of July 18, 2011, applicants for Permanent Residence are asked to complete the new Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008). Applicants must complete the form electronically and validate the information to generate 2D barcodes before printing. Please submit all the required forms and supporting documents in the attached checklist via the following method:

My question is that I have submitted all the documents to them earlier, so they sent me the checklist again of all the documents, so I don't understand that now I have to send all the documents to them again.
Resend to them as many times as possible

jinglebell0123

Jun 4, 2021
Burnaby, Canada
Category........
Other
I have about the same status updates as yours. My GCMS notes says the due date for Security check (which is the second part of background check) is July 2024. So hopefully you will get your background check completed by then and then next steps come after for the portal.

Pinkangelma29

May 13, 2024
Hi Everyone,
I just checked my application again and it says decision made
So this means I passed all the assesments right such as background, security etc?
thank you