25/12/2019
Hey Guys
So i applied last July for the non essential workers

received AOR in June2022 along with ADR for RPRF
Paid the fee and uploaded on the same day

status was changed to your documents have been uploaded
I received an email today that acknowledged they received the RPRF document
The status says we are reviewing your documents

my question is does this mean they just started working on my application now ? 2 months after i got AOR?

Reactions: arcanjo42

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
Just a heads up nothing changes on the online account, I have passed everything except Criminality but the online accounts looks exactly the same as the day I linked my application. You might want to call them to get an update:)
Whats the number that you use to call them? Is there a specific one?

jacob1234

Aug 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Hey Guys
So i applied last July for the non essential workers

received AOR in June2022 along with ADR for RPRF
Paid the fee and uploaded on the same day

status was changed to your documents have been uploaded
I received an email today that acknowledged they received the RPRF document
The status says we are reviewing your documents

my question is does this mean they just started working on my application now ? 2 months after i got AOR?
They start on your application when you receive the application. The officer might have just viewed the ADR that's why you received the email.

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
This is a bit long & I haven’t wanted to bore anyone with these details until now, and there is a reason.

My student visa application from mid-Jan 2020 did not get processed until mid-July 2022 — 30 months or 2.5 years! (And, a work permit from Jan 2019 took 3.5 years!!!) Registered letters to the Edmonton CPC processing office and getting my MP involved did absolutely nothing to move these files along. Phone calls did nothing but confirm my maintained status. I never got a response from anyone until they actually started looking at both of these in July 2022. I attended school & worked these past several years under maintained status. Meanwhile, I applied for TR2PR in June 2021. So, up until July 2022, I had 3 applications in IRCC’s backlog—one single person with 3 applications for no other reason than changes in personal circumstances and time passing. The work permit application was so old that it became irrelevant/not eligible. When they finally re-approved my Study permit, they issued it as ‘on campus’ work only even though I am completely eligible on every criteria for off campus work. So, I applied for the OWP under TR2PR at the end of July because the current average processing times for amending ‘mistakes’ is around 26 weeks & I had a new off campus job offer waiting on the new permit. A week later they did amend the Study permit to allow off campus work. So I went from 3, down to 1, and now back up to 2 applications in processing.

In comparison, I’ve now been waiting 14.5 months since applying on TR2PR & 3.5 months since AOR. I’m not excusing IRCC’s poor performance, but I am encouraging people not to interpret delays & long processing times on your personal files as meaning something other than what it is—IRCC’s poor performance. Be proactive wherever you can, respond to requests quickly, but don’t let it get you down — reach out to friends & family and know that these crazy processing issues & inconsistencies are not a reflection of your worth.

Last edited:

jacob1234

Aug 7, 2020
Category........
Other
This is a bit long & I haven’t wanted to bore anyone with these details until now, and there is a reason.

My student visa application from mid-Jan 2020 did not get processed until mid-July 2022 — 30 months or 2.5 years! (And, a work permit from Jan 2019 took 3.5 years!!!) Registered letters to the Edmonton CPC processing office and getting my MP involved did absolutely nothing to move these files along. Phone calls did nothing but confirm my maintained status. I never got a response from anyone until they actually started looking at both of these in July 2022. I attended school & worked these past several years under maintained status. Meanwhile, I applied for TR2PR in June 2021. So, up until July 2022, I had 3 applications in IRCC’s backlog—one single person with 3 applications for no other reason than changes in personal circumstances and time passing. The work permit application was so old that it became irrelevant/not eligible. When they finally re-approved my Study permit, they issued it as ‘on campus’ work only even though I am completely eligible on every criteria for off campus work. So, I applied for the OWP under TR2PR at the end of July because the current average processing times for amending ‘mistakes’ is around 26 weeks & I had a new off campus job offer waiting on the new permit. A week later they did amend the Study permit to allow off campus work. So I went from 3, down to 1, and now back up to 2 applications in processing.

In comparison, I’ve now been waiting ONLY 14.5 months since applying on TR2PR & 3.5 months since AOR. I’m not excusing IRCC’s poor performance, but I am encouraging people not to interpret delays & long processing times on your personal files as meaning something other than what it is—IRCC’s poor performance. Be proactive wherever you can, respond to requests quickly, but don’t let it get you down — reach out to friends & family and know that these crazy processing issues & inconsistencies are not a reflection of your worth.
So, you mean that applicant is responsible for such delays but not the officer who didn't put any "bring forward date".

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
So, you mean that applicant is responsible for such delays but not the officer who didn't put any "bring forward date".
No, that’s not what I said. I said I am NOT excusing IRCC. It breaks my heart to hear how people are suffering because of these delays & errors, and in my clumsy way I simply wanted to encourage people not to let IRCC’s poor performance affect their self esteem.

jacob1234

Aug 7, 2020
Category........
Other
No, that’s not what I said. I said I am NOT excusing IRCC. It breaks my heart to hear how people are suffering because of these delays & errors, and in my clumsy way I simply wanted to encourage people not to let IRCC’s poor performance affect their self esteem.
Oh, sorry, they are also trying to process as much as they can. At the end of the day, they are also human and mistakes/errors do happen, but on the receiving end, it can affect applicants' life significantly. Yeah, I also stopped thinking about it much.

Reactions: maxiie

WaiterForEver

Star Member
May 20, 2022
Did you received AOR? Did you attached PCC(Police Clearance Certificate) while applying?
yes, received AOR in April this year. I did not attach PCC up front, but I uploaded proof that I have applied for it, and as soon as I got them I sent them via a web form back in Sep 2021. Jan 2022 they confirmed it is added to my file.

WaiterForEver

Star Member
May 20, 2022
I read that in September 2022 there might be again TR to PR program going to happen. So looking for documents which are required
For sure before they launch they will inform on what docs are needed. Not sure what streams will be there and so on...so best guess would be to check out IRCC page for current TR to PR streams and note what docs were needed.

maxiie

Champion Member
Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
15-07-2021

In comparison, I’ve now been waiting 14.5 months since applying on TR2PR & 3.5 months since AOR. I’m not excusing IRCC’s poor performance, but I am encouraging people not to interpret delays & long processing times on your personal files as meaning something other than what it is—IRCC’s poor performance. Be proactive wherever you can, respond to requests quickly, but don’t let it get you down — reach out to friends & family and know that these crazy processing issues & inconsistencies are not a reflection of your worth.
Wait a minute, if this is for you then how you applied for WP before study permit? & what maintained status were you in that they allowed you to study without a study permit? Never heard that a school will allow someone without a study permit. What status were you before you applied for this? Also how WP became irrelevant? If they processed after 3.5 years. They will still give you WP with the present date. I too have 3 applications at the moment. But sad part is I don’t have job at the moment, so if it’s a huge delay, might’ve to go back,

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Wait a minute, if this is for you then how you applied for WP before study permit? & what maintained status were you in that they allowed you to study without a study permit? Never heard that a school will allow someone without a study permit. What status were you before you applied for this? Also how WP became irrelevant? If they processed after 3.5 years. They will still give you WP with the present date. I too have 3 applications at the moment. But sad part is I don’t have job at the moment, so if it’s a huge delay, might’ve to go back,
I held several study permits before all of this happened, applied again before each expired, studied & worked under maintained status during Covid, and am still studying & working now under my latest permit.

In hindsight (& with the help of a friend), applying for that old work permit was a mistake but I didn’t know it at the time. I was ‘ineligible’ (but it shouldn’t have taken 3.5 years for IRCC figure that out) and it became ‘irrelevant’ because I no longer work for that company and already have the ability to work under my Study permit even though HR had me wrongly convinced that I needed to apply for a separate Work permit. Eventually, we all get a little smarter!

Last edited:

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
I held several study permits before all of this happened, applied again before each expired, studied & worked under maintained status during Covid, and am still studying & working now under my latest permit.

In hindsight (& with the help of a friend), applying for that old work permit was a mistake but I didn’t know it at the time. I was ‘ineligible’ (but it shouldn’t have taken 3.5 years for IRCC figure that out) and it became ‘irrelevant’ because I no longer work for that company and already have the ability to work under my Study permit even though HR had me wrongly convinced that I needed to apply for a separate Work permit. Eventually, we all get a little smarter!