App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
Please I need help on this good letter because I made a mistake to choose yes on the question have I been sent on any country visa before

I have reviewed your application and the documents submitted in support of it. Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act provides that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act.
I have concerns that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by section 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, which states:
16(1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.
I have concerns that you failed to declare truthful information on your application. Specifically, you did not declare three USA refusals. You are solely responsible for the information contained in your file and ensuring that it is complete and correct. This is important because it relates to credibility; additionally, knowing your background history, including immigration history, factors into the eligibility and admissibility assessment of your application. The onus is on you to satisfy me that you did not misrepresent yourself as this omission could have lead to an error in the Administration of IRPA. Please explain why this information was not provided, and provide copies of documentation you have to support your response, which may include copies of refusal letters or other correspondence. .
Please note that if it is found that you have engaged in misrepresentation in submitting your application, you may be found to be inadmissible under section 40(1)(a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Such a finding of inadmissibility would render you inadmissible to Canada for a period of five years according to section 40(2)(a):
40(1) A permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible for misrepresentation
(a) for directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the administration of this Act
40(2) The following provisions govern subsection (1):
(a) the permanent resident or the foreign national continues to be inadmissible for misrepresentation for a period of five years following, in the case of a determination outside Canada, a final determination of inadmissibility under subsection (1) or, in the case of determination in Canada, the date the removal order is enforced
Only thing you can do is to provide them the letters for your US visa refusals that you did not declare

Show them what they are asking for, and make sure you dont make another mistake like that

Explain in detail why did this happen

Reactions: Hishow

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
Please I need help on this good letter because I made a mistake to choose yes on the question have I been sent on any country visa before

I have reviewed your application and the documents submitted in support of it. Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act provides that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act.
I have concerns that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by section 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, which states:
16(1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.
I have concerns that you failed to declare truthful information on your application. Specifically, you did not declare three USA refusals. You are solely responsible for the information contained in your file and ensuring that it is complete and correct. This is important because it relates to credibility; additionally, knowing your background history, including immigration history, factors into the eligibility and admissibility assessment of your application. The onus is on you to satisfy me that you did not misrepresent yourself as this omission could have lead to an error in the Administration of IRPA. Please explain why this information was not provided, and provide copies of documentation you have to support your response, which may include copies of refusal letters or other correspondence. .
Please note that if it is found that you have engaged in misrepresentation in submitting your application, you may be found to be inadmissible under section 40(1)(a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Such a finding of inadmissibility would render you inadmissible to Canada for a period of five years according to section 40(2)(a):
40(1) A permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible for misrepresentation
(a) for directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the administration of this Act
(a) the permanent resident or the foreign national continues to be inadmissible for misrepresentation for a period of five years following, in the case of a determination outside Canada, a final determination of inadmissibility under subsection (1) or, in the case of determination in Canada, the date the removal order is enforced
I highly recommend you speak to an immigration lawyer about this case.
Answering to these question requires a professional opinion to avoid any gaps and concerns and to satisfy the officer.

Reactions: Hishow and maxiie

Sid_116

Star Member
Mar 4, 2022
I believe this for the people who already applied for a WP under this policy and now wants to get an extension.
If you look at the webpage here, under the Step 6: Upload the correct documents it says that
- Documents for your initial open work permit
- Documents to extend your permit under this pathway

The first one should be the case that you need to do if you're applying for a WP for the first time under this policy (even if you have a valid PGWP) and the term You can apply up to 4 months before your current work permit expires. is applicable if you're looking to extend your TR2PR-WP under this policy. Meaning that you already got one and now you're looking to extend (for various reasons like your passport got renewed, etc.)

I also saw that one of the required documents for initial open work permit is a "Proof that you were allowed to work when you applied for permanent residence" and I think this should be our PGWP.

Let's see what are other people's opinions and thoughts on this.
Thankyou so much! I will do it today. Like PR, can I apply mine and include spouse OWP? or I have to do it separately with two secure accounts?

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
Thankyou so much! I will do it today. Like PR, can I apply mine and include spouse OWP? or I have to do it separately with two secure accounts?
No problem. WP is issued for your spouse separately. Therefore, you should apply from your spouse account.

WaiterForEver

Star Member
May 20, 2022

My friend, If I were you, I would take this with an experienced immigration LAWYER, not even an immigration consultant, I emphasis "LAWYER". This is a delicate matter. Not necessarily, but sometimes it could be that the officer just wants to make you provide more evidence for an inadmissibility decision.

Sid_116

Star Member
Mar 4, 2022

Now that, the decision is based on officer's satisfaction rather than evidence. It's all depend on how you justify that misrepresentation. In My opinion, be honest and don't sugar coat things. I strongly recommend to see a lawyer because they have dealt with these in the past and they know exactly what to write to satisfy the officer.

Reactions: Hishow
May 19, 2022
Hi, I have uploaded my biometric fees receipt on April 29th and on June 6th it went to we are reviewing the additional documents you have provided, can anyone tell me how long it might can take to get my BIL now. Thank you

BELLA LaIm

May 19, 2022
Do you have any dependents in your application?
Have you recently provided a PCC or ADR related to background check?
Nope I am single. I submitted ADR (family information imm5406e).
Submit ADR Jan 30
Receive and reviewing March 17
Got email from MP March 18 (medical passed, criminality passed, eligibility and security not start)
Got email update from MP Jun1 (medical passed, criminality in progress, eligibility passed, security not start)

modmaxbc

Star Member
May 6, 2022
Hi, I have uploaded my biometric fees receipt on April 29th and on June 6th it went to we are reviewing the additional documents you have provided, can anyone tell me how long it might can take to get my BIL now. Thank you
I thought it'd just show the record on your profile: the date of enrollment, as I never received any letter saying they received my BIL. Hope this information helps.

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
Nope I am single. I submitted ADR (family information imm5406e).
Submit ADR Jan 30
Receive and reviewing March 17
Got email from MP March 18 (medical passed, criminality passed, eligibility and security not start)
Got email update from MP Jun1 (medical passed, criminality in progress, eligibility passed, security not start)
Background check includes three steps: criminality, info sharing, and security.
They are usually done in the order I mentioned, I guess your first update showed criminality is passed and second means info sharing is in progress.
Info sharing is basically the same as criminality but instead of checking your records in Canada, it will be checked in U.S., the United Kingdom (U.K.), Australia and New Zealand.
Security starts after criminality comes passed.

BELLA LaIm

May 19, 2022
They are usually done in the order I mentioned, I guess your first update showed criminality is passed and second means info sharing is in progress.
Info sharing is basically the same as criminality but instead of checking your records in Canada, it will be checked in U.S., the United Kingdom (U.K.), Australia and New Zealand.
Thank you for your information and replying! But When I called IRCC on May 31, they said my info sharing is complete.
Sorry for the confusion I will write my full journey.

Linked Application Jan 29
request ADR (imm5406e), Medical passed on the same day
Submitted ADR on Jan 30
Received and reviewing on March 17
Contact with MP on March 18 (medical passed, criminality passed, eligibility and security not start)
Called IRCC on May 31 (eligibility passed, security not start info sharing complete) I didn't ask about criminality because I already knew.
Updated with MP on Jun 01 (medical passed, criminality in progress, eligibility passed, security not start)
Now my medical result status changed to "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes."

thaovy99

Jun 26, 2019

Actually, there is no specific order for the steps in background check. Multiple people including me had criminality passed at the beginning of the application examination process but have to wait for that very same criminality to pass again once our application reaches its end. You guys can search for this topic on the Express Entry section. The simple reason is because criminality has an expiration date so yes, sometimes, they just have to do it twice. Anyways, criminality is my last step, everything else is done since the end of March.

modmaxbc

Star Member
May 6, 2022
Actually, there is no specific order for the steps in background check. Multiple people including me had criminality passed at the beginning of the application examination process but have to wait for that very same criminality to pass again once our application reaches its end. You guys can search for this topic on the Express Entry section. The simple reason is because criminality has an expiration date so yes, sometimes, they just have to do it twice. Anyways, criminality is my last step, everything else is done since the end of March.
I wish mine was almost completed. I've been waiting for an update since February, 2022.