+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

John Park

Mar 15, 2022
No, unfortunately not all applicants will receive their approval this year.
The total number of application that Canada will accept for Federal Economic Public Policies which includes TR2PR is 40K (for 2022).
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/supplementary-immigration-levels-2022-2024.html

My opinion is that they will announce a new policy for the people who will not receive their result by the end of this year for WP extension.
hey buddy,

Do you know where we can find out the current status of pending/unprocessed applications?

Thanks

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
hey buddy,

Do you know where we can find out the current status of pending/unprocessed applications?

Thanks
Hello,
I don't think I get your question. Do you mean number of applications that hasn't been processed yet?
The status of an application is only applicable if it is in process.

sumaterra

Feb 14, 2022
Hi all,
For the TRPR pathway applicants, it says that we can't extend the work permit beyond December 31st, 2022, if we do not get the PR before this date then what are the options?
Thanks
Probably they will just extend this program that gives work permits for 2023. This is terrible if you think about it, imagine dozens of thousand of people opening a new application to request the extension of their work permit which will generate a lot more work for the immigration officers while they could dedicate this time to process their main application. But this is CIC for you.

atlavan

Jan 11, 2022
I have been to two photographers to take photos. And not just to Shoppers and Co, I went to more specialized places. At least I thought so. Somehow, my eyes always have this tiny white spot from the flash and the tip of my nose is shiny. Everything else looks fine.

Anyone else with that problem? What did you do? Would they refuse my photo?

Raja1203

Star Member
May 9, 2021
Hello everyone,

I got an update on my application:

IG English Stream May 7th 3:36am

I didn't receive AOR, but I got my BIL today, March 16th.
Linked application: March 16th
Eligibility - In progress
Review of medical results: Passed - March 10th
No additional documents needed
Biometrics: Not needed (I got a BIL via email and scheduled an appointment)

Background check - In progress

I'm just happy they've started applications submitted May 7th.
We're almost there guys!
May I know what was your TFN series 00XXX?

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
Hello Everyone,
It has been a while that I wanted to post this information regarding the application stages from AOR to e-COPR. The reason for that is because the online account does not provide detailed steps that each stage will go under. I've gathered this information based on my personal experience, this forum, and the reference provided in the next post.

Stages of Application
1) Completeness Check

The completeness check is the first stage of the application processing. At the completeness check, the processing office determines only whether the required documents are included according to the document checklist requirements in place at the time the application is received. This stage is also called R10 which refers to section 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. The completeness check is done at the Central Intake Office (CIO) for all classes (FSW / PNP / CEC). For TR2PR applicants, it will be CIO-Sydney, Nova Scotia.

When you receive your AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt), it will mention your CIO office. In TR2PR program this receipt is provided by the IRCC as they are selecting the applications from the pool of registered candidates. For other applications, it will be automatically generated in less than 24hours.

2) Eligibility Review
Review of whether the applicant meets the eligibility requirement. This stage is also referred to A11.2 which refers to Section 11.2 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. This stage is a very time-intensive process because all documentation that has been submitted is checked for validity and relevance at this stage.
To make the process efficient eligibility review takes place in 2 stages, first a case analyst, a program assistant or a case processing agent will review the application and make a recommendation. Then an officer (decision making authority) will review it and make a final determination. If there are any issues, the application can be sent for further review. This can involve an additional document request (ADR), verification calls, personal interview, etc.
Note that the Eligibility Review is conducted only for the primary applicant, and in that process the spouse is also evaluated. There is no separate eligibility review for the spouse; there is just one eligibility criteria for the application.
Usually, before the end of Review of eligibility stage Medicals and Criminality are also passed. At this stage some applicant's also receive a request to pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) if it has not been paid upfront. If an applicant receives a request for the RPRF fee then it usually means that eligibility is recommended passed or passed.

3) Review of Medical Results
Usually, at the eligibility stage (A11.2), the medicals are also passed. On MyCIC account review of medical results will change to the date when the medicals are passed (MEP). At the final stage, before an application can be approved by a visa officer, the medical results have to be valid for at least 6 months (medicals have to be valid until the applicant lands in Canada). IRCC can either extend the medicals or request for another medical examination. This is at IRCC's discretion.

4) Review of additional documents (Also known as ADR)
The applicant will be contacted if additional documents are required. IRCC can make a request for any information right up to when the application is approved, though most requests are usually made during Eligibility Review stage. On MyCIC account review of additional documents will show "We do not need additional documents," unless you receive a document request.

Continued on the next post...

Last edited:

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
5) Background check
A procedure to verify the criminal and/or security background of visa applicants to ensure they’re admissible to Canada. Background check (BGC) is a generic term for criminality, security and information sharing. Three federal bodies work together to do immigration and citizenship screenings:
  • Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
  • Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA)
  • Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS)
Criminality Checks - Criminality checks consist mainly of examining the information that accompanies an application, which includes a police certificate (PCC) from all countries where the applicant has lived for more than six months. [After submitting an application there is no requirement to provide any additional PCCs to IRCC. However, at the discretion of IRCC it can ask for additional PCCs.]
It's common for applicants to receive a request for IMM5669 Schedule A Background/Declaration form at this stage to ensure that there are no gaps in their personal history and/or for IRCC to reconfirm the information submitted. On MyCIC account if the Background Check status changes from "in progress" to "not applicable" then most likely criminality has passed.

Information Sharing - The primary purpose of information sharing is to check the criminal history, human rights and terrorism related issues at partner countries. The object of information-sharing is to support the effective administration and enforcement of Canada’s citizenship and immigration programs.

Security Checks or Security screening - CSIS' Security Screening Program provides security assessments for all federal government departments and agencies under Sections 13 and 15 of the CSIS Act, with the exception of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) and the Department of National Defence (DND), who do their own field investigations.
Security screening is the last step. Only after an officer makes a final determination on eligibility, will the security screening commence (for some applicants who are considered low risk may have Security Screening passed along with Eligibility Review). If the application has crossed 2-3 months post Review of Eligibility, then the likelihood of being in security screening is very high.
On MyCIC account Background Check will change twice for most applicants. First it will change in the initial few weeks, and then go back to "Not Applicable" and later in the process again change to, "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." This happens because criminality check and security check are both a part of background check, and when these checks happen, the status changes. It will continue to be in progress the second time until you receive the COPR.

6) Final Decision
At the final review, when the security results come in and are clear, the application is finalized and the applicant receives a Passport Request Form (PPR). [Note: Inland applicants don't need to send their passport as they will be sent the Confirmation of Permanent Residence COPR. Only if the applicant is outside Canada and not from a visa exempt country then you will have to submit your passport to receive the PR visa.] At this stage IRCC will also check if your medicals and passport are still valid.

Processing Time (Estimate)
The processing time provided is an estimate and may not be accurate due to circumstances like COVID-19, and new refuge policies.

- 1 to 1.5 months from AOR to Completeness Check (R10), Medical (MEP) & Biometric (BIL)
- Another 1 month to Review of Eligibility Stage 1 by an analyst or an assistant
- Another 1.5 to 3 months to Review of Eligibility Stage 2 by an officer
- Usually Eligibility Review (Stage 1&2) is completed by 4-5 months post AOR.
- If the application has crossed 2-3 months post Review of Eligibility, then the likelihood of being in security screening is very high. Most security checks are done within 1 month; longer up to 1 to 2 years if in enhanced screening. If it has been more than 2 months since Eligibility Review was "Passed" and security has not yet concluded, then the application may be in enhanced screening. If screening is taking a very long time an applicant can consider an application for a writ of mandamus to get a decision.

Source:
https://help.gcmsnotes.com/code/aor-to-ppr

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
So today I got ONCE AGAIN! another NEW PCC! Like what the heck? This is the second time they ask for it, they did ask for a new one back in November which I uploaded, and now another one, is this even normal?
Can you share the request letter content? Make sure to delete your personal information.

alexzzz

Mar 17, 2022
I submitted my application at 0:57 am 7th May.
Just got linked today and found I have already passed the ME on 24th Feb and got the refund for bio on 7th Mar.

However, I never received any AOR or any emails from CIC. Is that normal?

S_G

Jan 8, 2022
Hello everyone…we just realized that in schedule 3 form my husband filled in (current job column) instead of putting present he put date when we submit… will that create problem?

Ytrivedi0255

Nov 26, 2020
PLEASE REPLY

hello, I got PCC upload request for TR to PR but I have old PCC and Recently I went to India and came back, should I file Extension because new PCC will take time... I already applied new. do you know if i can get extension or not?

thanks

Ytrivedi0255

Nov 26, 2020
So today I got ONCE AGAIN! another NEW PCC! Like what the heck? This is the second time they ask for it, they did ask for a new one back in November which I uploaded, and now another one, is this even normal?
how you are gonna submit new PCC do you have already or you will apply for new,, but it will take time right and it should be olny 30 days time if i am correct???? I am on the similar-ish boat..

Ifedede

Oct 3, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
4211, 1242
AOR Received.
14-10-2017
Hello Everyone,

I still have not receive AOR, please is there anything I can do?

Thanks