+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2021-2022 Online Applicants

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
If Horizon makes the job easy by eliminating the physical movement of paper records and auto-linking GCMS, then how on earth online are suffering, shouldn't be other way around. As a rule of thumb, online / digital processes makes job easy and quick. Typical IRCC.
If you look at the following ATIP notes, IRCC requires 34 trained staff to process about 700 applications per day. And the training is about 6 weeks. They expected 34 e-app trained staff by end of Aug 2021. We don't know the current staffing levels at the moment. I have already applied for an ATIP for that. Let's see...

From the 2022-23 ATIP we see there are about 13k e-apps submitted each month starting Mar 2022 (and increasing). Total intake is about 20k each month.
As of May 2022 about 91k e-app applications in the system
The decision target per month for e-apps is about 3k

So, this is a recipe for increasing e-app backlog until IRCC reallocates staff from paper applications and/or changes notional decision target levels for e-apps

Last edited:

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Priority is not the word. If you use it in this context, some veterans (in the forum) would get upset. So to be politically correct, just more number of paper applications will be processed.

Yes, once data is entered into the system, you might think there should not be any difference between paper or online for (further) processing purposes, but still it seems to exist somehow...
What I'm really struggling with the notion of understanding that if online makes the job quicker and easy then how come not been processed quicker, on the contrary taking more time, lack of skills or what? Just not sense making. Anyways I guess mostly thinking the same but there's no real but political answer.

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
If you look at the following ATIP notes, IRCC requires 34 trained staff to process about 700 applications per day. And the training is about 13 weeks. They expected 34 e-app trained staff by end of Aug 2021. We don't know the current staffing levels at the moment. I have already applied for an ATIP for that. Let's see...

From the 2022-23 ATIP we see there are about 13k e-apps submitted each month starting Mar 2022 (and increasing). Total intake is about 20k each month.
The decision target per month for e-pass is about 3k

So, this is a recipe for increasing e-app backlog until IRCC reallocates staff from paper applications and/or changes notional decision target levels for e-apps
Then skill development and staff training or intake should have been first step before opening a hell gate of online applications. Typical. Sad demise I must say. Thats all nuts. Also read that online applicants were test cases for the online system. Poor change management!

Reactions: noonnabi

firstax

Dec 8, 2018
If you look at the following ATIP notes, IRCC requires 34 trained staff to process about 700 applications per day. And the training is about 6 weeks. They expected 34 e-app trained staff by end of Aug 2021. We don't know the current staffing levels at the moment. I have already applied for an ATIP for that. Let's see...

The decision target per month for e-apps is about 3k

Or IRCC can move all applications to online only so they'll actually have time to finish paper applications and fully focus on online only. But that makes too much sense.

Reactions: noonnabi

Abdelilah

Apr 8, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/08/2018
Doc's Request.
07/11/2018
AOR Received.
19/08/2018
LANDED..........
17/02/2019
If Horizon makes the job easy by eliminating the physical movement of paper records and auto-linking GCMS, then how on earth online are suffering, shouldn't be other way around. As a rule of thumb, online / digital processes makes job easy and quick. Typical IRCC.
Online applications can cause storage issue, basically it pushes them to work on stuff otherwise it's just gonna pile up on desks and shelves, it's not gonna look pretty.
Online applicants on the other hand, can just suffer in silence, nobody will the see their terabytes of files that are sitting in datacenters.
That's my interpretation.

Reactions: sahibo

degm

May 31, 2017
Just a side note to share that we hired Steven Meurrens for some issues we had with our spousal sponsorship and he is an absolute boss. I'm glad to see that he's publicly sharing his thoughts and findings.

Reactions: jojee2k6

kingfaisal

Star Member
Jun 6, 2014
Edmonton, Canada
Hey guys, just checked my online tracker and noticed that BG is completed on Oct 20, 2022.
After this i got my first GU (after Oct 8) on Oct 21, 2022.
Applied online in March 2022.
AOR is April 19, 2022.

Can anyone please advise how long would it take to get the test invitation?

chanakyashah

May 3, 2017
Hi, Ircc Vancouver asked for a fingerprint for citizenship, I did it today, how long does it take to show completed in the system?
My FPs were sent to the IRCC on the 20th but still havent heard anything from them. I did call the IRCC yesterday and all they said it can take upto 6 months before you can see a completed status in the system.

kingfaisal

Star Member
Jun 6, 2014
Edmonton, Canada
Hey guys, just checked my online tracker and noticed that BG is completed on Oct 20, 2022.
After this i got my first GU (after Oct 8) on Oct 21, 2022.
Applied online in March 2022.
AOR is April 19, 2022.

Can anyone please advise how long would it take to get the test invitation?

Hey guys,

I got my test invite.

I am scheduled for citizenship test between October 31, 2022 - November 21, 2022.

I am currently outside Canada. Kindly advise what should i do next? Should i tell them that i am outside Canada and will be taking the test from outside Canada? If yes, who should i get in touch with? Should I contact them via call or via web form?

Your comments and guidance is highly appreciated.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hey guys,

I got my test invite.

I am scheduled for citizenship test between October 31, 2022 - November 21, 2022.

I am currently outside Canada. Kindly advise what should i do next? Should i tell them that i am outside Canada and will be taking the test from outside Canada? If yes, who should i get in touch with? Should I contact them via call or via web form?

Your comments and guidance is highly appreciated.
Once you get the test email it will have the instruction on what to do if you want to take the test from Outside Canada.
Refer - https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1571&top=5

Reactions: kingfaisal

jm90

Jan 10, 2019
Hi all,

I am eligible to apply for citizenship now, but question.

My police certificate from the US isn't coming because I didn't pay 10 extra dollars to CanadaPost for tracking. Now we don't know where my fingerprints are, they might be stuck at customs or something.

Would you suggest I fill the citizenship application now with no police certificate and in 1 month, attach the Police certificate to the application via webform?

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Hi all,

I am eligible to apply for citizenship now, but question.

My police certificate from the US isn't coming because I didn't pay 10 extra dollars to CanadaPost for tracking. Now we don't know where my fingerprints are, they might be stuck at customs or something.

Would you suggest I fill the citizenship application now with no police certificate and in 1 month, attach the Police certificate to the application via webform?
Already responded in the October 2022 thread :)