+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2021-2022 Online Applicants

citizentest21

Nov 30, 2021
Hey, anyone had their tracker updated for oath citizenship a week before the scheduled date? When do you receive the email instructions?

MChief117

Star Member
Aug 24, 2022
Hey Guys.. I have a question and was wondering if someone can help sort it out.... The fiscal year is from Oct to next Sep? is this correct? so we are in 22-23 with consideration for 32k online applications to move to DM?

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Hey Guys.. I have a question and was wondering if someone can help sort it out.... The fiscal year is from Oct to next Sep? is this correct? so we are in 22-23 with consideration for 32k online applications to move to DM?
The FY 2022-23 for IRCC is April 2022 to March 2023

Reactions: MChief117

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
If thats the plan to process paper faster or more than online, why I see in recent months (Late Aug, Sept, Oct) AORs are been delayed lately, moreover online and single applicants are getting AORs faster, thats may be the speculation around just first stage not picturing the whole. Also low sample size in trackers and spreadsheet, just a tiny subset.

Reactions: MChief117

firstax

Dec 8, 2018
If thats the plan to process paper faster or more than online, why I see in recent months (Late Aug, Sept, Oct) AORs are been delayed lately, moreover online and single applicants are getting AORs faster, thats may be the speculation around just first stage not picturing the whole. Also low sample size in trackers and spreadsheet, just a tiny subset.
It's easier to make AOR for online applications because in paper apps you have to go through all the pages and then scan the attached copies of passports and ID's whereas for Online apps it's already in the system, they just have to read through quickly for accuracy or any omissions.

Reactions: jojee2k6

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
It's easier to make AOR for online applications because in paper apps you have to go through all the pages and then scan the attached copies of passports and ID's whereas for Online apps it's already in the system, they just have to read through quickly for accuracy or any omissions.
Make sense. Though lately obervinv uptake in the min. Days from delivered to AOR. Anyways shit gets crazy in later stages, understood! Thanks

firstax

Dec 8, 2018
Why in the world they introduced online application if they were not going to process them. fat, lazy dumb f.ckers
They did it to become more flexible, but they made a mistake in allowing people to apply online without first building the capacity to process the applications. Most IRCC staff don't see Citizenship as an application that needs prompt service because they claim that all applicants already have Permanent Residency and are already in Canada. So they didn't consider that their actions would cause Online applicants to wait longer than normal. The truth is they don't really care to be honest, they won't get penalized for not being upfront with their decisions. Government staff cannot get fired or anything and even if you take them to court the staff wont lose any money so why should they care.

Reactions: sahibo

wink

May 25, 2021
You contradicted yourself within your two lines of comment. You say it is small data set and yet you want to use Aug, Sept, Oct data (from the same data set) to prove your point. Great.

These numbers are from IRCC's own plan and you are questioning that as well.

firstax

Dec 8, 2018
Totally mind bending policies and priorities they are upcoming with, its like DARK!
Government-run organizations are not exactly known for their competence or efficiency. Imagine sending staff home for over 1 year and not making any plans for applications that were in the system or that were still coming in. And its been 2 years since online applications started and they are still training staff and figuring out the kinks, crazy my friend.

Reactions: noonnabi and sahibo

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Also thinking more abt it, so once they scan all paper record it becomes digital same as online applicant record. Given both applicant records are digital now how come one gets priority over the over lol. Surely there's much more to that!

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Also thinking more abt it, so once they scan all paper record it becomes digital same as online applicant record. Given both applicant records are digital now how come one gets priority over the over lol. Surely there's much more to that!
For paper applicants, the files are still on paper. The application forms are digitised and entered into GCMS and they still have to move around the physical files (attachments - passport copy, language proof, ID copies, PCC, etc.).

For online applicants, the entire application including attachments are digital and they use an application called Horizon to view and assess these applications. Horizon talks to GCMS and no need to move physical files. I gathered this from the 2022-23 ATIP document

If you want to see how they treat paper applications as an example, you can see the CIO One Touch Manual for PR applications... I would assume the process would be similar:

Reactions: jojee2k6

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
For paper applicants, the files are still on paper. The application forms are digitised and entered into GCMS and they still have to move around the physical files (attachments - passport copy, language proof, ID copies, PCC, etc.).

For online applicants, the entire application including attachments are digital and they use an application called Horizon to view and assess these applications. Horizon talks to GCMS and no need to move physical files. I gathered this from the 2022-23 ATIP document

If you want to see how they treat paper applications as an example, you can see the CIO One Touch Manual for PR applications... I would assume the process would be similar:

If Horizon makes the job easy by eliminating the physical movement of paper records and auto-linking GCMS, then how on earth online are suffering, shouldn't be other way around. As a rule of thumb, online / digital processes makes job easy and quick. Typical IRCC.

wink

May 25, 2021
Priority is not the word. If you use it in this context, some veterans (in the forum) would get upset. So to be politically correct, just more number of paper applications will be processed.

Yes, once data is entered into the system, you might think there should not be any difference between paper or online for (further) processing purposes, but still it seems to exist somehow...