+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
Hello Everyone,

Perhaps many already know this, but I would like to share this bit of information to those that may not know.
Since we are Spousal Sponsorship IN-LAND applicants, we are able to (regarding physical presence required for applying for Citizenship down the road):

"You may be able to use some of your time spent in Canada as a temporary resident or protected person towards your physical presence calculation. Each day spent physically in Canada as a temporary resident or protected person before becoming a permanent resident within the last 5 years will count as one half day, with a maximum of 365 days, towards your physical presence.

Temporary resident status includes lawful authorization to enter or remain in Canada as a:

• visitor,
  • student,
  • worker or,
  • temporary resident permit holder"
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/eligibility.html

I know that we are no where close to applying for Citizenship, but it is great to know that we are able to use our days before obtaining permanent residency toward fulfilling the "3 out of the last 5 years" physical presence requirement for citizenship.

:)

Honeydew1987

Nov 17, 2017
This is normal for inland apps, review of eligibility wont change until around 11 months after the date your app was received. The next thing you will see will be the medical request after around 6-7 months, then more waiting until around month 11-12 before the app is finalised.
I see. What about policy certificate. I submitted my own country policy certification with my application. CIC didn't request PCC for my case. Only the schedule A form

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
I see. What about policy certificate. I submitted my own country policy certification with my application. CIC didn't request PCC for my case. Only the schedule A form
They may request more if you have lived in any other countries (for 6 months or more), if you have been in Canada for a while some people who get the RCMP fingerprint request later in the process but this is pretty random it seems, as not everyone gets that request.

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
I've also applied the visitor Visa extension on April 30th, and It was approved by July 8th. But I've got the required for Medical Examination as well.
So did anybody know that the Medical Examination will be useful for the PR in the future? I know this type is Non-immigration, but I think what they check will be pretty much the same right?

elomam

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
Montreal
I've also applied the visitor Visa extension on April 30th, and It was approved by July 8th. But I've got the required for Medical Examination as well.
So did anybody know that the Medical Examination will be useful for the PR in the future? I know this type is Non-immigration, but I think what they check will be pretty much the same right?
I believe it can be re-used (maybe some senior members can confirm it) as it is pretty much the same examination.
My spouse had a medical exam requested for a study permit (we applied for after submitting the sponsorship app), so I scanned the results and send it via webform so that it can be added to the sponsorship app...

Moek90

Star Member
Dec 14, 2017
I know someone did the same as you, when she resend her OWP, she also included an explain and reminded CIC her file was sent out one month before, so she got the case processing time same as the original time. I wonder how was yours?

Did you see what's the submit date from your OWP account?
So my PR app is still on March 6th received, but the OWP, after resending, is now on April 26th received. I didn’t put in a letter like that so I’ll just wait another month.

KBsandhu

Jun 7, 2018
Hie,

My file is returned because missing police clearance although we provided letter of explanation why we are not providing pcc upfront. My question is if we are submitting explanation do they require some kind of notarized form or affidavit stating the same? Or they can just accept explanation simply on piece of paper. Anyone with similar situation who submitted explanation letter or having any information please advise. any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.

BrasilCan

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
Please read. - Problems with a bad employer
My husband is here on his 2 year work specific visa and we have applied for his PR and OWP. It was pretty recent so we are looking at 2-3 months before the owp comes through. When his employer found out he had applied he demanded that my husband provide a six week notice to quit so he can hire other people from out of country to work. (This guy has been horrible to my husband all year). When my husband refused, as it could take months to receive the OWP, the boss lost his mind. Threatening to force him to stay 2 extra years without being able to leave (basically stating he could legally enslave him) Needless to say, we are pretty confident he will be let go. He still has a year on his work permit, so he has status but wont be able to work until he receives the OWP. The temporary foreign workers office suggests my husband apply for EI if he is fired, however I am nervous about this. I am gainfully employed and we have no children. Would him claiming ei effect our application?

Thank you

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
I believe it can be re-used (maybe some senior members can confirm it) as it is pretty much the same examination.
My spouse had a medical exam requested for a study permit (we applied for after submitting the sponsorship app), so I scanned the results and send it via webform so that it can be added to the sponsorship app...
I was planning to ask doctor anyway:) Will share with your guys later:)

jsmithun

Star Member
Jun 28, 2018
Hello Everyone,

My spouse finally got the AOR mail after 43 days. My application was received on May 30th in CPC office. I was able to link my PR application but not my OWP. Will have to try after a few days and see if it works.

I was able to link my PR application in my CIC online account using the below options.

Application number and Family name (gave all in caps)
Passport Details
Province and city details
No.of applications - 2 (myself - primary applicant and my sponsor)

In ECAS tool, I was able to search for my application only through my file number. With UCI number , no detail was coming up.

Hope that this information might be helpful for some one. All the best for the waiting guys, everything will work out soon..!!!

Last edited:

all_iz_well

Dec 17, 2014
Please read. - Problems with a bad employer
My husband is here on his 2 year work specific visa and we have applied for his PR and OWP. It was pretty recent so we are looking at 2-3 months before the owp comes through. When his employer found out he had applied he demanded that my husband provide a six week notice to quit so he can hire other people from out of country to work. (This guy has been horrible to my husband all year). When my husband refused, as it could take months to receive the OWP, the boss lost his mind. Threatening to force him to stay 2 extra years without being able to leave (basically stating he could legally enslave him) Needless to say, we are pretty confident he will be let go. He still has a year on his work permit, so he has status but wont be able to work until he receives the OWP. The temporary foreign workers office suggests my husband apply for EI if he is fired, however I am nervous about this. I am gainfully employed and we have no children. Would him claiming ei effect our application?

Thank you

You will be fine if he applied for E.I.
Your application won't be affected.

Also, ask your husband to complain to labor board about his employer.

Good luck.

Reactions: BrasilCan

KBsandhu

Jun 7, 2018
Can anyone plz help? i am looking forward to have some advise . My husband has overstayed and thats why we didn't apply for police clearance instead we attached a letter of explanation explaining the same. But our file got returned due to missing PCC. My lawyer is saying that we can just submit it again with letter of explanation and updated forms, but i don't know what to do. Please suggest something

tashi0001

May 18, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-01-2018
Doc's Request.
16-02-2018
AOR Received.
16-02-2018
File Transfer...
03-07-2018
Med's Request
03-07-2018
Med's Done....
09-07-2018
Can anyone plz help? i am looking forward to have some advise . My husband has overstayed and thats why we didn't apply for police clearance instead we attached a letter of explanation explaining the same. But our file got returned due to missing PCC. My lawyer is saying that we can just submit it again with letter of explanation and updated forms, but i don't know what to do. Please suggest something
What I suggest is submit some proof with the letter. For example, if you had any email correspondence and the police denied. Alternatively, if you applied for the PCC and you have your receipt. Submit with the letter.

In addition, in the letter explain how you tried your best to get the PCC (explain in detail) but for some reason you were not able to receive it. I think this would help you. Good Luck!

Reactions: KBsandhu

KBsandhu

Jun 7, 2018
What I suggest is submit some proof with the letter. For example, if you had any email correspondence and the police denied. Alternatively, if you applied for the PCC and you have your receipt. Submit with the letter.

In addition, in the letter explain how you tried your best to get the PCC (explain in detail) but for some reason you were not able to receive it. I think this would help you. Good Luck!
Thanks for the reply. My lawyer said don't go to police or consulate as it can worsen the situation. Our indian consulate embassy they are not that co-operative.

KBsandhu

Jun 7, 2018
Thanks for the reply. My lawyer said don't go to police or consulate as it can worsen the situation. Our indian consulate embassy they are not that co-operative.

In addition, in the letter explain how you tried your best to get the PCC (explain in detail) but for some reason you were not able to receive it. I think this would help you. Good Luck![/QUOT

also, they ask for valid work permit or study permit when you go to get police clearance. And, we are not having those valid documents.