+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

Nejla

Jul 10, 2018
Canada ON
AOR Received.
Hello everybody,
My husband applied for spouse sponsorship inland , the aplication was recieved in mississauga on June 29th.
It includes my OWP application.
We sent our medical exam results ( mine and those of my 2 years old boy) already done ( requested for PR of my husband ) and dated less than 12 months.
Is there anyone who knows if it could accelerate the time of treatement or no.
Thank you

Reetypd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
Hi guys - rather silly question but when it comes to CIC you can never be too sure.
So basically I sent my PR + OWP application which was received July 3. The application was printed as double sided. Therefore the barcode pages which are supposed to be toward the front of the application package couldn’t be separated since the other side was the form. This is the second time I’m sending the forms since it was already returned once and the forms the first time were single sided. This time I did it double sided l.

Would this be an issue if the barcodes aren’t in the right place ? Nowhere did it say the application must be single sided so I hope they will let this go but you never know what kind of day the agent might be having :(

Moek90

Star Member
Dec 14, 2017
Hi guys - rather silly question but when it comes to CIC you can never be too sure.
So basically I sent my PR + OWP application which was received July 3. The application was printed as double sided. Therefore the barcode pages which are supposed to be toward the front of the application package couldn’t be separated since the other side was the form. This is the second time I’m sending the forms since it was already returned once and the forms the first time were single sided. This time I did it double sided l.

Would this be an issue if the barcodes aren’t in the right place ? Nowhere did it say the application must be single sided so I hope they will let this go but you never know what kind of day the agent might be having :(
I remember sending in some stuff that was double sided printed and it wasn’t returned to me. The order of placing your documents, I have read, is only to make life a bit easier (and faster) for the agent, but is not seen as an error. Still, it’s the guideline that they give you and should be followed, hence speeding up the process. But again, I don’t think, from reading on this forum, that it’s a reason for your application being sent back to you.

MangPa0131

Feb 14, 2018
I got medical request today. App received jan 31
Hello, my application received on January 31 as well!

I just checked my CIC, but the status has been changed to 'We are reviewing your medical result' even though I didn't get any medical request yet.

Does your CIC status same as mine?

I want to check if they are sending medical request after they update the status or not.

Please advise :D

Thank you!

UniqueCase

Jul 10, 2018
Hello,

I am really worried, my spouse is currently with me in Canada on visitor visa. I read online that if spouse is currently living in Canada then applications should be sent to CPC Mississauga. But, we have couriered our application to Nova Scotia. Will there be any issues of application being returned or anything as such because application should have been send to Mississauga? Please HELP!!

elomam

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
Montreal
Hello,

I am really worried, my spouse is currently with me in Canada on visitor visa. I read online that if spouse is currently living in Canada then applications should be sent to CPC Mississauga. But, we have couriered our application to Nova Scotia. Will there be any issues of application being returned or anything as such because application should have been send to Mississauga? Please HELP!!
Did you apply inland or outland (even if your wife is in Canada right now) ?

RJ8812

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
12/06/2018
AOR Received.
27/07/2018
LANDED..........
08-05-2018
Long story short, my wife and I have sent in her Permanent Residency Application Package (including a work permit) a month ago. We did it all by mail. We are yet to receive any acknowledgment that they have received it. Is this normal? Is it too early for us to be expecting them to let us know they have received it? I could be wrong, but I thought I read somewhere that they normally contact you within 1-2 weeks of sending it in.

When we created an online account and tried to link her mail application to her account, when we search for her, nothing comes up.

Thanks

Xilikon

Apr 26, 2018
Quebec City, Canada
Category........
FAM
Long story short, my wife and I have sent in her Permanent Residency Application Package (including a work permit) a month ago. We did it all by mail. We are yet to receive any acknowledgment that they have received it. Is this normal? Is it too early for us to be expecting them to let us know they have received it? I could be wrong, but I thought I read somewhere that they normally contact you within 1-2 weeks of sending it in.

When we created an online account and tried to link her mail application to her account, when we search for her, nothing comes up.

Thanks
It normally take 4 to 6 weeks to get a AOR1 from the date the package is received so it's still a bit soon (you should receive it shortly however).

Reactions: RJ8812

RJ8812

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
12/06/2018
AOR Received.
27/07/2018
LANDED..........
08-05-2018
It normally take 4 to 6 weeks to get a AOR1 from the date the package is received so it's still a bit soon (you should receive it shortly however).
Ok thanks. That's good to hear. We were getting a bit worried :)

Hummingbird876

Feb 8, 2018
Category........
FAM
Hello, my application received on January 31 as well!

I just checked my CIC, but the status has been changed to 'We are reviewing your medical result' even though I didn't get any medical request yet.

Does your CIC status same as mine?

I want to check if they are sending medical request after they update the status or not.

Please advise :D

Thank you!
Hiya! I read on here that you sometimes see that before the request is sent. You should expect the request very soon.

Reactions: MangPa0131

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
Hello,

Hello, this situation may perhaps best be dealt with by calling the IRCC Call Centre (1-888-242-2100). Perhaps explaining the issue may help in finding out if you can do anything else from your end to remedy situation, or if they can tell you what typically happens with your application/process.
Best to you.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/client-support-centre.html