2017 PGP Applicants

mufarina

Sep 12, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
10-08-2012
I sent it through purolator and got the signed confirmation but haven't got anything that when will they start working on the app (Actually i just want to make sure forms are complete)
when did you sent it?i had my delivery confirmation on the 11th

auie09

Mar 29, 2011
Hello guys i am applying for my parents but they are separated. Do you know if i should send separate applications?
Thanks

kinar_17

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
AOR Received.
03-02-2015
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to create this thread to call all 2017 PGP applicants. I am planning to sponsor my parents and was hoping we could help each other in the process.

There is an active 2016 thread that I have been following for updates - http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/tips-for-2016-future-pgp-applicants-t333951.0.html.

Hope we can do the same for 2017

Cheers,
G
Hello,
Thanks for creating this thread.

Please confirm if this thread is for applicants who received express of interest letter from CIC to apply for Parents?

Thanks

kinar_17

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
AOR Received.
03-02-2015
Is there anyone in this forum who has received the expression of interest to apply for PGP 2017 but doesn't qualify in minimum income criteria.

VinaVolla

May 12, 2017
Hello guys i am applying for my parents but they are separated. Do you know if i should send separate applications?
Thanks
I know if they are divorced you should send separated packages, I believe I read it in some where in the CIC guidance!

Maan997

Oct 21, 2015
I sent it through purolator and got the signed confirmation but haven't got anything that when will they start working on the app (Actually i just want to make sure forms are complete)

Does the services other than Canada Post do deliver to the PO BOX addresses??

auie09

Mar 29, 2011
I know if they are divorced you should send separated packages, I believe I read it in some where in the CIC guidance!
thanks. but what if they are not divorced and my father has a new wife? I don't know how to send my application package.
I want to apply them both..

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
thanks. but what if they are not divorced and my father has a new wife? I don't know how to send my application package.
You must send separate applications and will need to show proof that they are separated.

As your parents have not divorced, your father's latest marriage is not legal. Provided they have been living together continuously for a year, she can be included as his common-law partner.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
if he has a new wife you have one more family member. are you ok to increase LICO?
or since they are still marriage just do process for 2 of them, less headache if dad is agree

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
if he has a new wife you have one more family member. are you ok to increase LICO?
or since they are still marriage just do process for 2 of them, less headache if dad is agree
Read the posts. There was no divorce, so the new marriage isn't legally recognized. The parents are separated, so filing together would be misrepresentation.

auie09

Mar 29, 2011
Thanks both. I am going to send separate, just wondering what will be the issue with my father's common law if any.
Yeah they are not divorced.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks both. I am going to send separate, just wondering what will be the issue with my father's common law if any.
Yeah they are not divorced.
You will need to submit proof that your parents are legally separated.

If your father and his current partner have lived together continuously for at least a year, they are common-law and she MUST be included in the app and in the family size for LICO for every year.

If they are not common-law, then she can't be included in the app at this time and is not included in the family size for LICO. When they do become common-law, she will need to be added to the app and she will be included in the count for LICO from that year onwards.

malik786

Star Member
Aug 6, 2011
I have a question regarding the family size

I am not married, no children.
I am applying for both my mom and my dad.
I have a brother who is 22 years old and is NOT disabled and lives with my parents.

I think the family size would be 3. Correct me if I am wrong.

AND

When filling out additional family information form for each applicant.

Do I need that form for my brother?

N.B
I know he is not being sponsored but the form says each dependent of the principal applicant who is above 18 should fill out the form.
According to IRCC definition technically he is not a dependent (older than 18 and no disability) , even though my father provides everything for him.

Seniors please help, Finalizing my application this week.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I think the family size would be 3. Correct me if I am wrong.

AND

When filling out additional family information form for each applicant.

Do I need that form for my brother?

N.B
I know he is not being sponsored but the form says each dependent of the principal applicant who is above 18 should fill out the form.
According to IRCC definition technically he is not a dependent (older than 18 and no disability) , even though my father provides everything for him.
Family size is 3.

Your brother is not a dependent.