Med's Request
Sep 27, 2014
Med's Done....
Oct 6, 2014
Passport Req..
Feb 19, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 4, 2015
I have received notification that my interest to apply for parents under PGP program is accepted. Can we discuss how to proceed further under this thread. I am not sure about the minimum income criteria. Any news about CIC lowering the bar for minimum income requirement for 2013 and 2014. I have the income for this year and have my sibling as co sponsor. Is there an option to apply for exemption for 2013 and 2014 since my co-sponsor also have low income in the year 2013. After all, CIC should consider that whether the applicant is currently able to support their parents, rather than we were having good income in the past . I am planning to appeal before CIC in this regard. Like minded individuals can join with me. Will share the email id if anyone interested.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Your sibling cannot be a co-sponsor. Only your spouse / common law partner can co-sign. CIC is not going to lower the income level required to sponsor parents. To qualify, you need to meet LICO for 2014, 2015 and 2016. If you don't meet the minimum income for one or more of these years - there's no point in submitting your application since refusal is guaranteed. There are no exceptions and an appeal won't succeed. You either meet the income requirement or you don't.

M

mikeymyke

Yikes, yet another ineligible person trying to apply anyway. And I disagree that past income shouldnt be considered, because they have to see you have a history of making sufficient income to support your family

Reactions: jeffporfirio2

certus881

Star Member
Nov 1, 2016
Thyagii said:
I have received notification that my interest to apply for parents under PGP program is accepted. Can we discuss how to proceed further under this thread. I am not sure about the minimum income criteria. Any news about CIC lowering the bar for minimum income requirement for 2013 and 2014. I have the income for this year and have my sibling as co sponsor. Is there an option to apply for exemption for 2013 and 2014 since my co-sponsor also have low income in the year 2013. After all, CIC should consider that whether the applicant is currently able to support their parents, rather than we were having good income in the past . I am planning to appeal before CIC in this regard. Like minded individuals can join with me. Will share the email id if anyone interested.
If you are selected this April. 2013 income is not a criteria; you need to show you meet income for 2014, 2015, 2016. Siblings can not be a co-signer and I strongly disagree with you about income from the past. It's a good indicator if applicants are able to support their parents. Once you submit your application, you MUST meet income levels for future years until your parents are granted landing status (may take up to 7 years)

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
Thyagii said:
Why are you applying when you did not even check your eligibility? You will be rejected and waste your money and time. If no income requirements in 3 years, there will be hundred of thousands people flooding IRCC with their applications. Based on your situation, you need 3 years more of high income to qualify. Siblings cannot cosponsor

Reactions: jeffporfirio2

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Thyagii said:
You should rename this thread to "2017 Parents Sponsorship SELECTED MEMBERS GROUP who didn't bother to read the qualifications before applying"

Appeal on income amounts posted would be 100% pointless and go absolutely nowhere. Those income amounts and time period, are there for a specific reason.

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
The number of ignorant people who applied without checking if they are qualified first is just insane!!! I hope they move the quota to next year otherwise this year there will be very few people actually got their application approved

Rachel4511

Oct 14, 2016
Frustrates me so much when I see these people who got a spot and don't meet the criteria. It isn't fair to people like me who actually took the time to read the instructions and meet the criteria.

FairyRaichu

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
I'm sorry but you don't qualify. It sucks that you don't, and I feel like people shouldn't be so rude to you about it either,especially because what you're hearing is bad news.

jeffporfirio2

Apr 11, 2017
Sask
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should rename this thread to "2017 Parents Sponsorship SELECTED MEMBERS GROUP who didn't bother to read the qualifications before applying"

Appeal on income amounts posted would be 100% pointless and go absolutely nowhere. Those income amounts and time period, are there for a specific reason.

Thank you Rob.
There are no grounds for an appeal.
Your application will be rejected because you FAILED to read instructions.
And then stubbornly you will appeal, spends thousands in lawyer fees and years in the process, and get rejected again.
If you fail to follow simple instructions, there is no ground for appeal.

I hope you feel happy you took an eligible person's spot.

Thank you.

JUST CHILL

Star Member
May 24, 2009
Rob,
Go ahead and apply coz luck is on your side and anyways you have nothing to lose , it just that you were lucky that you got selected luck might not be on your side next time when you will be eligible.
So as they say make the hay while the sunshine you should capitalize on this time