+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2017 NDVO FSWO applicants (CIO-LVO route), please connect here.

PoojaO

May 31, 2015
AOR - April 28th
Med Pass - June 21st
BG IP1 and NA2 - June 21st - As per GCMS notes, Criminality passed, Medical passed and R.10 Check complete on the same day
File moved to NDVO - 31st July - Again as per GCMS, Eligibility check completed on this day and file transferred the same day
Also, Additional Doc not required status changed on 31st July

Notes ordered on 3rd August
Notes generated on 21st August

BG IP2 on 22nd August

Basically, the file was checked only 3 times in almost 4 months. I think ordering GCMS notes triggered the IP2. No update since then.

Hi, Thanks for the update.

So, Basically ur eligibility was checked at Ottawa and ur status was NA2 and after that the file was transferred to NDVO and later to that u saw IP2 in ur My CIC.

I'm on NA2. File at NDVO. Can I expect that my eligibility check is done.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hi, Thanks for the update.

So, Basically ur eligibility was checked at Ottawa and ur status was NA2 and after that the file was transferred to NDVO and later to that u saw IP2 in ur My CIC.

I'm on NA2. File at NDVO. Can I expect that my eligibility check is done.
Your eligibility check would have been done once at CIO before the file was moved to NDVO. But that is just a recommendation by the case analyst that everything looks okay to them. Once your file is moved to NDVO, the eligibility check status is again updated to Not Started, and the Visa Officer at NDVO will check it this time. They may go with the recommendation of the case analyst and pass it or they may again do an eligibility check themselves.

In my case, as per the GCMS notes, eligibility check was "Recommended Pass" on 31st July at CIO, file transferred to NDVO and the eligibility changed to "Not Started" after the transfer. My notes were generated a day before I moved to IP2 so don't have much information after the file gor transferred to NDVO.

I hope this helps.

Reactions: PoojaO

Varun1788

Aug 27, 2017
You can call them from outside Canada, its no problem. People do it all the time. There is no 45 day rule but its better to make minimum calls and call only if necessary.

The best way to know details of your Visa Office is to call CIC or e-mail them. Another way to know case details is to order GCMS notes, if you have not already I suggest you order ASAP, take 30-40 days to arrive.

-You can know your Visa Office by sending an email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

This is the email format they require:

IMPORTANT: You must provide us with your application number in the subject line of your email and include in the body of your email the following information:

* Surname and Given name(s)
* Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD)
* Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number / Client ID number
* Category of Immigration (CEC, Provincial Nominee, Family Class, Federal Skilled Worker, Temporary Resident)

- You can call CIC on - 1-613-944-4000.
Better call before Canadian noon time, i.e early working hours, wait time is less. Choose options as directed (it mostly goes 111112), have your application number ready, you will be asked for it, and after listening to automated response select the option "7" to speak to an agent. Ask specific questions like "I am calling to know my Visa office" or specifically like "have I passed eligibility?" etc. Be kind and humble, most agents are nice, ask specific questions, don't ask things like how long till I get PR etc.
For GCMS, you can use third-party websites like https://www.getgcms.com/.
Gurik,

I filled my case through a consultant. Now, I want to file for GCMS, and I have relatives in Canada too whom I trust and receive that info - as they already know about my case. Can I only submit a request via my consultant or can my relative also file GCMS notes for me - after I sign the consent form for them (IMM 5744E). I will submit the request from India and mention their details on the form.

Let me know if this can be done.

Thanks for your help.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hello Gurik!!!
Very well explained the total mess at NDVO. I am one of those late April AOR/ 29 April who got ip2 on 22 August. Since then no movement and i assume the file has still not be touched. Now there are a couple of gentlemen who got ip2 the same day but their batch was opened randomly and they got PPR some 2 weeks back. Could you please let me know if I'm safe as those who got Ip2 the same day did get PPR but others who got the update the same day are still left to receive PPR. So are there any additional checks or my file is just gathering e-dust?????? Should i order GCMS???
You are not alone, there are many, including me, who got IP2 on 22nd August, and are still waiting for a PPR from NDVO.

PoojaO

May 31, 2015
Your eligibility check would have been done once at CIO before the file was moved to NDVO. But that is just a recommendation by the case analyst that everything looks okay to them. Once your file is moved to NDVO, the eligibility check status is again updated to Not Started, and the Visa Officer at NDVO will check it this time. They may go with the recommendation of the case analyst and pass it or they may again do an eligibility check themselves.

In my case, as per the GCMS notes, eligibility check was "Recommended Pass" on 31st July at CIO, file transferred to NDVO and the eligibility changed to "Not Started" after the transfer. My notes were generated a day before I moved to IP2 so don't have much information after the file gor transferred to NDVO.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for the update..
I really gives me a ray of positive hope..

Rajshivani

Star Member
Jul 20, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
19-04-2017
Med's Done....
19-06-2017
Gurik,

I filled my case through a consultant. Now, I want to file for GCMS, and I have relatives in Canada too whom I trust and receive that info - as they already know about my case. Can I only submit a request via my consultant or can my relative also file GCMS notes for me - after I sign the consent form for them (IMM 5744E). I will submit the request from India and mention their details on the form.

Thanks for your help.
U can order notes through ur relatives..u js need to sign the consent form...nothing to do with ur consultant...u can give ur id where gcms to he mailed

Reactions: Varun1788

Varun1788

Aug 27, 2017
U can order notes through ur relatives..u js need to sign the consent form...nothing to do with ur consultant...u can give ur id where gcms to he mailed
Thanks for your reply Rajshivani. So does this means that I can order GCMS notes online on CIC website and make the payment using Indian credit card, or do my relatives do all this on my behalf?

Varun1788

Aug 27, 2017
Just an update for all, one of my friend, who was 24 March AOR, received PPR yesterday through NDVO... I believe next would be April/May/June

Reactions: gurik

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
Hello Gurik!!!
Very well explained the total mess at NDVO. I am one of those late April AOR/ 29 April who got ip2 on 22 August. Since then no movement and i assume the file has still not be touched. Now there are a couple of gentlemen who got ip2 the same day but their batch was opened randomly and they got PPR some 2 weeks back. Could you please let me know if I'm safe as those who got Ip2 the same day did get PPR but others who got the update the same day are still left to receive PPR. So are there any additional checks or my file is just gathering e-dust?????? Should i order GCMS???
It all depends mostly on which stage they stopped the processing of your file and kept it aside, maybe all is good and your close to approval, but it could be otherwise also, with NDVO we cannot take that chance. Most likely your file is gathering dust as of now, they kind of stopped the work where it was on the files that opened on 22 August, some were issued PPRs, the rest were just left.
I suggest you should order GCMS, that will tell you exactly that whether they have finalised the file and only a mere formality of PPR is left or still some check is left on the file, you will be able to know what exactly happened on 22 to your file and even after. Some people have been dragged in IP2 for 3-4 months also by NDVO, so God forbid if they try to pull something like that to anyone, its better to be in the know that what is exactly happening to your case.
All the best my friend, i am hoping they clear the April cases next week. People are already close to crossing 6 month mark!

Reactions: Scorpman21

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
Gurik,

Thanks for your help.
You can order the notes through your relatives, you don't need anything from your consultant at all. You are good to go dear.
It can be easily done. All the best.

Reactions: Scorpman21

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
Yes i already ordered other set of gcms few days back....i think due date doesn't of much importance for NDVO...the due date was 16/8 and nothing happened on this date. According to my understanding of notes file was not touched after 14/7 i.e.the whn file transferred to ndvo.. on 2nd page of notes it is written eligibility recommend passed criminality passed medical passed security passed.. but i don knw whthr it is passee by ndvo or CIO... And in the end of notes there is nothing like "review required" on my file.
What is the date of eligibility recommended pass, that will help you understand that whether CIO passed it or NDVO....
Its great the there is no review required, hence it means that all is good and perfect now.

Rajshivani

Star Member
Jul 20, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
19-04-2017
Med's Done....
19-06-2017
What is the date of eligibility recommended pass, that will help you understand that whether CIO passed it or NDVO....
Its great the there is no review required, hence it means that all is good and perfect now.
I dint find any date... Actually i dint understand my notes fully...

Rajshivani

Star Member
Jul 20, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
19-04-2017
Med's Done....
19-06-2017
Find it...its 4/7... Office CPC ottawa after that there was a request for rprf...then we paid it on same day...then file transferred to ndvo...n they dint even touched after that...just gathering dust

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
Find it...its 4/7... Office CPC ottawa after that there was a request for rprf...then we paid it on same day...then file transferred to ndvo...n they dint even touched after that...just gathering dust
Okay so there it is my friend, NDVO has not touched the file, but still it will be quick for you i hope as ottawa has passed Eligibility, so there is nothing to worry, you will be getting PPR quickly as soon as NDVO decides to open your file.

Rajshivani

Star Member
Jul 20, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
19-04-2017
Med's Done....
19-06-2017
Okay so there it is my friend, NDVO has not touched the file, but still it will be quick for you i hope as ottawa has passed Eligibility, so there is nothing to worry, you will be getting PPR quickly as soon as NDVO decides to open your file.[/QUOTE
my eligibility passed by both program assistant at CIO and by case analyst at CPC ottawa..