+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2016 PR CARD APPLICANTS TIMELINE

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
elie72 said:
Hi ,

Given the timelines in this thread, it is taking 2 months (and sometimes more) before sending the AOR email. But the good thing is that once AOR email is received the IRCC will start processing 2 to 4 days after.
This is what I have observed from the above timelines.

Kindest Regards,

Yes. My daughter received AOR email this evening after almost two months of receipt of her PR card application in NS IRCC office.

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
guys, my application has been pending for over 3 months after receiving the email on secondary review (It takes 3 months 7 days from the time they received till the first stage review was completed). There has seen no more communication, call centre said they cannot help. I have over 3 years physically presence in Canada over 5 years and I have no reason why I am in limbo like this

cezvi

Star Member
May 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 01, 2010
AOR Received.
Oct 14, 2010
File Transfer...
Sep 30, 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 21, 2010
Interview........
none/waived
Passport Req..
Oct 14, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 15, 2010
LANDED..........
January 13, 2011
Hi everyone. It's been a while since I've been in this site.
I just sent my husband's pr card renewal last week via xpresspost and it showed that they received it today.
I'm hoping the processing times doesn't go too long again. We're hoping to receive it before december.

Here's my timeline so far:
Application sent: June 21
Application received: June 27

nivin

Star Member
Jun 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
Interview........
05-10-2015
Passport Req..
07-01-2016
Hi,

My wife and I landed in Toronto on the 31st of May (our first landing). We are planning on sending the PR card applications out next week. As part of the application package, do we need to include copies of all pages of our passports? Is that required only for PR card renewals?

We are using our passport bio pages as primary identity documents, COPR/Record of Landing as secondary identity documents. We are wondering what to do regarding the additional documents for proof of residence. Since we've just landed, we do not have CRA assessments or any of the other documents listed on the CIC website.

Any idea on what we need to do?

Thanks

ASAINI

Star Member
Apr 27, 2010
nivin said:
Hi,

My wife and I landed in Toronto on the 31st of May (our first landing). We are planning on sending the PR card applications out next week. As part of the application package, do we need to include copies of all pages of our passports? Is that required only for PR card renewals?

We are using our passport bio pages as primary identity documents, COPR/Record of Landing as secondary identity documents. We are wondering what to do regarding the additional documents for proof of residence. Since we've just landed, we do not have CRA assessments or any of the other documents listed on the CIC website.

Any idea on what we need to do?

Thanks
Hi nivin,

You do not need to apply for your first PR card as it is automatically done by CIC at port of entry during your first landing. If you went to immigration section during your landing, for formalities, and everything went fine then you should expect your PR cards in mail (provided you gave them mailing address in Canada) in 2-3 months from date of landing.

So, you need not to do anything. Just wait for your PR cards to arrive.

Once the first PR card expires for subsequent PR cards you have to apply.

nivin

Star Member
Jun 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
Interview........
05-10-2015
Passport Req..
07-01-2016
ASAINI said:
Hi nivin,

You do not need to apply for your first PR card as it is automatically done by CIC at port of entry during your first landing. If you went to immigration section during your landing, for formalities, and everything went fine then you should expect your PR cards in mail (provided you gave them mailing address in Canada) in 2-3 months from date of landing.

So, you need not to do anything. Just wait for your PR cards to arrive.

Once the first PR card expires for subsequent PR cards you have to apply.
Hi,
Thanks for your response.
We couldn't give them a permanent address in Canada since we were booked at an Airbnb for a couple of weeks. Now that I have the address, I guess I'll need to use the Address Notification service. I just remembered that the lady at Immigration had given me the Address Notification form and had asked me to contact the call center or fax it in once we had an address that could be used. :)
I've just used the online service and updated the address. Hopefully, the PR cards should arrive in the mail now.
Thanks for your help!
Cheers!

elie72

Sep 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 Aug 2007
Doc's Request.
17 Aug 2009
AOR Received.
13 Aug 2007
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
08 April 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
05 October 2011
LANDED..........
23 December 2011
Hi,

PR Renewal Processing time has updated today and increased to 84 days. Applications working on are of April 07, 2016

Regards,

elie72

Sep 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 Aug 2007
Doc's Request.
17 Aug 2009
AOR Received.
13 Aug 2007
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
08 April 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
05 October 2011
LANDED..........
23 December 2011
You re absolutely correct.

smartindian

Star Member
May 27, 2016
hi Guys...

I work in Canada and my wife is here on Visitor Visa. She is eligible for PR application ( FSW category).

Can she apply for PR Visa (FSW) while living here on Visitor Visa ?

or

She needs to go back India and apply PR from home country (India) ?

Please can anyone suggest if already have applied PR from Canada while staying on Visitor Visa :)

Tri-Cities

Aug 10, 2015
Hi Lola,
don't worry too much.
Don't forget about holidays and stuff...if you put the application well together and didn't forget anything, and if you meet your RO's you'll be fine.

cheers :)

Tri-Cities

Aug 10, 2015
Oh and reading some more posts on this forum, it is very clear that these officers work(ed) on PR applications for "immigrants" who have no intention of staying / living in Canada but just to have & keep their PR status.

Maybe you wanna say thanks to them for wasting an officers time in the first place.

just saying...

lisa3506

Jun 21, 2016
1 application sent in february 12
2.application sent back end of march for missing marital status
3.application resend in april
4.application received april 14 (no AOR received)
5.started processing june 14