+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2014 APPLICANTS - NOVA SCOTIA NOMINEE PROGRAM(WITHOUT JOB OFFER)

can2174

Aug 9, 2013
Pune
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2014 received on :07/05/2014 10:19 AM FEE charged : 25-062014 PER received : 07-08-2014
Doc's Request.
PCC requested on 08/09/2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
sjulien said:
PR is not 'First Come First Serve' basis in any Canadian Immigration category.

AOR/Confirmation is the 'first come first serve basis' until category is open.
Yes you are right. But the whole idea is one applies first he has more chance of getting PR in current process.

paragr1

Star Member
Aug 22, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/04/2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with an Application
AOR Received.
Waiting .....
IELTS Request
Sent With an Application
File Transfer...
Waiting.......
Med's Request
Waiting .....
My application reached there on 8/4/2014, received by t shaw.
Please update !

ZIDYAY

Sep 26, 2013
Pestana said:
Hello. I'm filling in my forms to apply to the Nova Scotia Nominee Program. In the Regional Labour Market Demand Stream Application Guide question (e) I have to answer to which related, non-regulated occupations could I find skilled employment in Nova Scotia based on my training and work experience. I'm an Electrical Engineer and my occupation is regulated. But how do I know which occupations are non-regulated and related to my regulated occupation? I've been searching the web but haven't found anything.

Thank you.
First let me try helping you know the difference between regulated and unregulated professions or occupations in Canada. Regulated means one has to have a license in order for him to practice his profession or get to work in that particular field. Examples are lawyers,doctors, dentists, nurses, and engineers. Unregulated means one does not have to have a license. Examples are software designers, sales managers, graphic designers,etc, While there is no license required, companies hiring for these jobs demand that applicants perform duties and functions defined in the occupation code.

There are several ways an immigrant can have the license if he is granted a visa to enter Canada. In Ontario if you entered as Nurse, you are required to take review classes on Nursing. It is only after you are done with the review and you have the Certificate that you will be allowed to take the licensing examination. It is a long process and requires quite a sum of money. Some provinces also consider those professionals who have their education and work experience assessed by independent credential companies. The credential company, upon strict evaluation, may certify an individual to have all the qualifications and expertise to practice a profession or do a job without having to secure a license. This is also an arduous process requiring the submission of multiple documents and payment of a good amount of money.

Every applicant to Nova Scotia under the RLMD stream is required to fill up the Settlement and Employment Plan. This is a very important document because in this form you are in effect being asked how you foresee getting employed and living in Nova Scotia especially if the profession you belong to is regulated. This will require explaining how you will secure the license and after that how soon you can start working in your chosen field. I don't think you have any chance of getting nominated if you will state that you will just accept any job that will come your way when you land in Canada. Nova Scotia as well as the Federal Government is streamlining the immigration policy so much so that the immigrant that they will accept has the best skills on their chosen profession and that their profession is indeed in demand in Canada. Therefore, as an Engineer, you have to present a realistic timetable you can obtain a license and some information supporting to the fact that your kind of expertise is in high-demand in Nova Scotia. One way to do this is for you
state in your Plan a list of the number of companies looking for your kind of Engineer and to show that your experiences and qualifications match with those desired by these companies.

There is a good listing of jobs broken down into regulated and non or unregulated.And for more information on the subject please see this link. http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/regulated-and-nonregulated-professionsmaking-plans-before-landing-t63552.0.html

Thank you.

balars4

Feb 25, 2014
Hi Prachi,
Thanks for sharing latest info.

Is there any possibility for FSW2014 to open. If 300 is the CAP for 12 months. Atleast as applicable to 8months should be opened, as per calculation. Let us be patience for more 20days to know the FSW2014.

can2174

Aug 9, 2013
Pune
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2014 received on :07/05/2014 10:19 AM FEE charged : 25-062014 PER received : 07-08-2014
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Sent with application
paragr1 said:
My application reached there on 8/4/2014, received by t shaw.
Please update !
Congrats. Please enter ur details in tracking sheet via form(url in the signature)

can2174

Aug 9, 2013
Pune
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Sent with application
balars4 said:
Hi Prachi,
Thanks for sharing latest info.

Is there any possibility for FSW2014 to open. If 300 is the CAP for 12 months. Atleast as applicable to 8months should be opened, as per calculation. Let us be patience for more 20days to know the FSW2014.
I wish fsw 2014 opens or 2013 fsw is extended till year end with ofcourse prorated quota of NOCs which already filled. But looking at news about express entry, cic is making it clear they are busy in making new process rather than accepting new applications. Lets hope for the best

can2174

Aug 9, 2013
Pune
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Sent with application
can2174 said:
Request members who were active in this thread when it was started to fill your details in the tracking sheet. This will give more idea about number of applicants and will help us to track the timelines once NSIO starts pre-screening or sending us any communication about our application.

I can see lot of people who were active initially when this thread was started but after submitting their application don't have post here. Please take some time to update your details in the form(url in my signature).
bumping up.

sanv

Apr 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2014
can2174 said:
I wish fsw 2014 opens or 2013 fsw is extended till year end with ofcourse prorated quota of NOCs which already filled. But looking at news about express entry, cic is making it clear they are busy in making new process rather than accepting new applications. Lets hope for the best
we wud need a valid offer for emp or pnp nomination to qualify for express entry ..does that mean the days of immigrating without job offer are essentially over?? any comments

Balaarch

Apr 9, 2014
Hi, Am planning to apply for the NSNP. Can someone confirm if IELTS is mandatory for the application submission for NSNP.

Balaarch

Apr 9, 2014
HI All, can someone confirm if IELTS is mandatory to prove language proficiency level or the Degree certificate wherein mentioned medium as English is fine to proceed with Application package submission.

can2174

Aug 9, 2013
Pune
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Sent with application
sanv said:
we wud need a valid offer for emp or pnp nomination to qualify for express entry ..does that mean the days of immigrating without job offer are essentially over?? any comments
Though its not official, but I believe applicants who have very good ranking in the pool and don't receive an offer by employer in canada will be given a chance to apply for PR. This my speculation only, there is no official communication in this regard.

can2174

Aug 9, 2013
Pune
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Balaarch said:
HI All, can someone confirm if IELTS is mandatory to prove language proficiency level or the Degree certificate wherein mentioned medium as English is fine to proceed with Application package submission.
If its mentioned in degree certificate that medium of instruction is english , should be fine. Additionally you also need to get letter from your employer that medium of communication across organization is english.

balars4

Feb 25, 2014
Hi Balaarch,
IELTS is mandatory to prove your English Proficiency. However you can submit now w/o IELTS showing your medium of education as English. Provide a proof that you registered for IELTS.

Submit your IELTS during the process once officer ask's it.

Many people applied with IELTS, preference may not be given for your document. With that you are applying too late, chance for selecting your document is fewer.
Let us hope for the best and apply soon.

Balaarch

Apr 9, 2014
Hi Can2174, Thanks for your quick reply. Need a more clarity on the additional certificate you specified from the Employer.

I am not sure if companies give a certificate to confirm the communication language.