Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-13
AOR Received.
08-09-13
Med's Done....
10-05-13
I'm looking at the "QUEBEC INLAND APPLICATIONS SENT IN 2012 CHART" a couple of posts back and I'm wondering what "AOR" means? Also, at what stage does 1 get the open work permit if we applied for it in the PR application? Is that at the "In progress" stage in the chart?

If an open work permit is obtained and a job is found, is the applicant able to leave the country at all during the inland PR process?

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
princesultan said:
I'm looking at the "QUEBEC INLAND APPLICATIONS SENT IN 2012 CHART" a couple of posts back and I'm wondering what "AOR" means?
It means "Accusee Of Reception" which means CIC aknowledge through mail or email they have received the file.
Also, at what stage does 1 get the open work permit if we applied for it in the PR application?
1st stage (Approval in Principle) is necessary for getting an OWP, otherwise it would be rejected. it is why one must write on the form on a note to be processed once AIP is granted to avoid a rejection. Very often if OWP demand is included in the same envelope as the PR demand it will be processed and sent in a separate letter from AIP shortly after or at the same time.
Is that at the "In progress" stage in the chart?
"In Process" will appear in the PR section of ECAS when 2nd stage is being processed, and "decision made" in the sponsorship section for (AIP).
If an open work permit is obtained and a job is found, is the applicant able to leave the country at all during the inland PR process?
OWP is giving a temporary resident status only and it is not advisable to leave the country while PR process is not over as one could be denied re-entry at the border by an agent on a bad day...and then the whole application jeopardized...

Chickadee

Jul 8, 2012
South Carolina, United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-16-2012
AOR Received.
09-18-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
05-15-2012
Interview........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
VISA ISSUED...
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
LANDED..........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
kidvicious1 said:
I knew there was something wrong! SO SO SO good that they could tell you that.

Get your Quebec app filled out if you haven't, and ready to post as soon as you receive the letter that needs to go with it.

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/forms/search-title/undertaking-application/kit-a.html

Maybe once I get my medical issue (CIC being dumb) sorted out, and you get CSQ we will be on the same time track again ;)
Almost 3 weeks later, I still do not have that letter. So I called CIC and here's the answer I received: "We made a request to send you a new letter, but unfortunately, because of the Holidays, the letter has not been mailed yet. It should be in the mail soon".

I am so frustrated and disappointed, that I feel linke crying!
I do not know of any private company that would have the nerve to give you such a ridiculous excuse. I called them on December 14th, which was 11 days before Christmas, that is way before the Holidays.

Let's hope that this time they do it right. I totally lost confidence in them. :-[

Loops

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
Hello Everyone!!!

I have a few questions for you guys! We sent out application for my PR with my Common law as a sponsor, it was received on August 14th and The process Started November 19th.

Today (January 3rd) we got an email with the approval for sponsorship and now we are getting ready to send the papers for my CSQ.

Question is, I sent an application for an OWP with everything, Which stage of the process I'll get it if it is approved? Will it come soon or after the CSQ is approved?

I send all my docs with police checks, but not the medical, are they going to send me the instructions to do it or its better if I do it before they ask?

We are confused hahaha!!! Also, the letter we've got today mentions to send the CSQ before March 13th, as far as we understand, MICC will send the doc. directly to CIC, do I get any notification from MICC or CIC once they send it or receive it?

Hope you can help me guys!! Thanks a lot!! :D

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
Loops said:
Hello Everyone!!!

I have a few questions for you guys! We sent out application for my PR with my Common law as a sponsor, it was received on August 14th and The process Started November 19th.

Today (January 3rd) we got an email with the approval for sponsorship and now we are getting ready to send the papers for my CSQ.

Question is, I sent an application for an OWP with everything, Which stage of the process I'll get it if it is approved? Will it come soon or after the CSQ is approved?
OWP should be processed and approved as soon as you get AIP (Approval in Principle : 1st stage). You will receive it in a separate letter than AIP.
These days AIP takes about 6 months to process as an average

I send all my docs with police checks, but not the medical, are they going to send me the instructions to do it or its better if I do it before they ask?
We did our Medical before they ask between AoR and AIP in order not to waste too much time, otherwise 2nd stage might take longer.
We are confused hahaha!!! Also, the letter we've got today mentions to send the CSQ before March 13th, as far as we understand, MICC will send the doc. directly to CIC, do I get any notification from MICC or CIC once they send it or receive it?
MICC will send it to you AND to CIC directly so no need to send them a copy..

Hope you can help me guys!! Thanks a lot!! :D

kidvicious1

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/06/2012
AOR Received.
12/10/2012
Med's Request
14/12/2012 AIP
Med's Done....
12/04/2012 Re-done Jan 2012
Interview........
24/05/2013
LANDED..........
24/05/2013
Chickadee said:
Almost 3 weeks later, I still do not have that letter. So I called CIC and here's the answer I received: "We made a request to send you a new letter, but unfortunately, because of the Holidays, the letter has not been mailed yet. It should be in the mail soon".

I am so frustrated and disappointed, that I feel linke crying!
I do not know of any private company that would have the nerve to give you such a ridiculous excuse. I called them on December 14th, which was 11 days before Christmas, that is way before the Holidays.

Let's hope that this time they do it right. I totally lost confidence in them. :-[

WOW when did their holidays start if they didn't have time from the 14th?!?! I guess that's why i am not getting a reply about my letter too.
5th Jan now, no more holidays to come so I hope they send it for you asap...

kidvicious1

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/06/2012
AOR Received.
12/10/2012
Med's Request
14/12/2012 AIP
Med's Done....
Interview........
24/05/2013
LANDED..........
24/05/2013
QUEBEC INLAND APPLICATIONS SENT IN 2012 CHART

Name App Received AOR In Process MICC & CSQ AIP Decision Made PR/LANDED

Coucou FEB 2 MAY 25 MAY 15 JULY 11 SEP 21
perkele FEB 15 MAY 31 MAY 30 JUN 20 SEP 25 Interview DEC
mdna MAR 10 JUN 26 JUN 26 OCT 4 OCT 17 OCT 22 NOV 19
sommer MAR 28
chickadee May 16 SEP 18 SEP 26
kidvicious1 JUN 13 OCT 12 OCT 12 NOV-DEC DEC 14
TH78 JULY 19
Rossal OCT 17 DEC 7
chrischengwy OCT 4 DEC 14
Loops AUG 14 NOV 19 NOV 19

END OF 2011 INLAND APPLICATIONS

Name App Received AOR In Process MICC & CSQ AIP Decision Made PR/LANDED

lyn28 3 NOV 2011 FEB 4 JAN 30 MAY 5 AUG 31 OCT 13 DEC 6
Tow75 28 OCT 2011 JAN 19 APR 20
Vinlander 2 DEC 2011 FEB 21 MAY 8 SEP 10 OCT 14 NOV 27

Chickadee

Jul 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-16-2012
AOR Received.
09-18-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
05-15-2012
Interview........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
VISA ISSUED...
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
LANDED..........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
kidvicious1 said:
WOW when did their holidays start if they didn't have time from the 14th?!?! I guess that's why i am not getting a reply about my letter too.
5th Jan now, no more holidays to come so I hope they send it for you asap...
I know! I was so disappointed and angry, that I ended up not asking what I believe would have been legitimate questions, like "How can you take the Holidays as an excuse? When can I assume that the Holidays will be over? What do you mean by soon? When can I expect to receive the letter? Can you be more specific?"

I am still not over the anger, and I need to get over it because it is toxic and it is not helping.

tow75

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2011
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
File Transfer...
29-08-2012
Interview........
12-17-2012
Hi kidvicious! We actually got our MICC and CSQ approval on April 20th, and we're still waiting for AIP (or a refusal) now, after our interview almost 3 weeks ago. I wish we got AIP on April 20th :'(. Thanks for including me in the chart though!!

Chickadee, I really hope you get that letter soon, that's ridiculous. I bet everyone at CIC gets nice 3 week holidays to fly off to somewhere nice and warm while we wait here :mad:

We still haven't gotten our letter yet telling us if we have AIP after the interview, or if we're refused and have to leave the country ASAP. We were certain we'd have it by now, and the wait is killing us. I had to go back to work this week and could hardly concentrate, and my husband spends 3 hours or the day staring out the window for the Post Canada truck to pass by and a letter to drop through the mailslot on our door. If we don't get a letter soon we're both going to lose our minds!! Our IO went on vacation on the 21st (the same day we sent her a letter asking for an extension to submit more proof) and came back on the 2nd. Either,
a)- She hasn't made a decision yet
b)- She made a decision yesterday and we'll get the letter Monday or Tuesday, or
c)- She has made a decision a while ago and the letter hasn't been sent out because of the "holidays"

We'll send in more stuff Monday anyways. I can't live like this anymore though. All I have the energy for is reading Federal Court Appeal decisions and IAD appeals to see what situation we might be in a year or more from now:(

I really hope we all get our letters very soon.

Chickadee

Jul 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-16-2012
AOR Received.
09-18-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
05-15-2012
Interview........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
VISA ISSUED...
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
LANDED..........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
tow75 said:
Hi kidvicious! We actually got our MICC and CSQ approval on April 20th, and we're still waiting for AIP (or a refusal) now, after our interview almost 3 weeks ago. I wish we got AIP on April 20th :'(. Thanks for including me in the chart though!!

Chickadee, I really hope you get that letter soon, that's ridiculous. I bet everyone at CIC gets nice 3 week holidays to fly off to somewhere nice and warm while we wait here :mad:

We still haven't gotten our letter yet telling us if we have AIP after the interview, or if we're refused and have to leave the country ASAP. We were certain we'd have it by now, and the wait is killing us. I had to go back to work this week and could hardly concentrate, and my husband spends 3 hours or the day staring out the window for the Post Canada truck to pass by and a letter to drop through the mailslot on our door. If we don't get a letter soon we're both going to lose our minds!! Our IO went on vacation on the 21st (the same day we sent her a letter asking for an extension to submit more proof) and came back on the 2nd. Either,
a)- She hasn't made a decision yet
b)- She made a decision yesterday and we'll get the letter Monday or Tuesday, or
c)- She has made a decision a while ago and the letter hasn't been sent out because of the "holidays"

We'll send in more stuff Monday anyways. I can't live like this anymore though. All I have the energy for is reading Federal Court Appeal decisions and IAD appeals to see what situation we might be in a year or more from now:(

I really hope we all get our letters very soon.
Oh my God Towe, this is a sad state of affairs. I am rooting for you and your husband. It must be so hard for you to focus on your work, and for him to wait and wait and wait.

I am sending you both a big {{{hug}}}.

tow75

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2011
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
File Transfer...
29-08-2012
Interview........
12-17-2012
Thanks chickadee!! We sure need one:( everyone at work knows about our interview situation and they've been super understanding. My boss even jokingly offered to go have a "free my husband" protest outside montreal CIC which coincidentally is right up the street from where I work. I think maybe the io looked at all the stuff we sent in and changed her mind about refusing us... But I don't know. Right after our interview she hinted that she was going to approve us. I think they forget they're dealing with real people not just papers and photos. There has to be an easier, quicker way to do all this!!

kidvicious1

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/06/2012
AOR Received.
12/10/2012
Med's Request
14/12/2012 AIP
Med's Done....
Interview........
24/05/2013
LANDED..........
24/05/2013
Tow, so your interview was for Canada or Quebec? The interview was in response to CSQ app? Or you got CSQ and then they gave you interview?
The interview was just to grant AIP - for next stage? Not an overall interview for Perm Res?
Now I am confused about when interviews might be :p

Chickadee

Jul 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-16-2012
AOR Received.
09-18-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
05-15-2012
Interview........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
VISA ISSUED...
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
LANDED..........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
tow75 said:
Thanks chickadee!! We sure need one:( everyone at work knows about our interview situation and they've been super understanding. My boss even jokingly offered to go have a "free my husband" protest outside montreal CIC which coincidentally is right up the street from where I work. I think maybe the io looked at all the stuff we sent in and changed her mind about refusing us... But I don't know. Right after our interview she hinted that she was going to approve us. I think they forget they're dealing with real people not just papers and photos. There has to be an easier, quicker way to do all this!!
You are so right. I wish they understood that we are humans, not "cases". When I called I tried to express my disappointment to the person on the phone, but he seemed untouched by it.

kidvicious1

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/06/2012
AOR Received.
12/10/2012
Med's Request
14/12/2012 AIP
Med's Done....
Interview........
24/05/2013
LANDED..........
24/05/2013
You know what...........

I just noticed that doctor (Yankova) I used..... has been taken off the approved medical panel list. Do you think that is why they asked for more medicals? I guess it's dumb if it does affect my application because she was approved at the time. Guess it's another Call Centre issue Monday.

Looked at my letter about application in progress, and in bold it says 'by an approved panel physician'.

Pretty pissed off if this is the case......

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
kidvicious1 said:
Tow, so your interview was for Canada or Quebec? The interview was in response to CSQ app? Or you got CSQ and then they gave you interview?
The interview was just to grant AIP - for next stage? Not an overall interview for Perm Res?
Now I am confused about when interviews might be :p
Based on what I read here if an interview is called for during first stage it is usually because they have a doubt about relationship being genuine or to have more proof.
So they transfer the file to the local office for further assessment until it is approved and the sent back to Vegreville to continue with the process.
It can happen people gets interview after AIP but in that case it has to be about the applicant itself and would deal with security, background etc but that is much less common.
If everything is smooth in a case the only interview one gets is at the landing and it is not really an interview per see but just 2 or 3 questions and paper filling.