+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2011 (May-November) Parents sponsorship applicants join here

moomoo

Star Member
Sep 13, 2016
Another-Immigrant said:
Few people on the forums here asking lot of questions but never willing to help others (Even they know the answer) no idea why :( very sad. Any way

My file is in pending review even for (Sponsor eligibility check). I had applied in June 2010. It is 7th year now. To track down, when my/others turn would be, I have created Excel sheet.

I am missing few pieces of the puzzle, so could not guess about my turn. Few people got files approved, that is good news. Now i could not figure out, should i count the number of months took to complete pending review from the date of start processing or From the date of file is in Pending review.

In my excel sheet, I could not get that information from people here. So that is missing piece . Ok :( One day my turn would be there as well. :) hope for the best. Few ware waiting behind me. I am tracking for them .. No worries...

If some one has experience with pending review time line and willing to help , more than welcome. Please just provide time line so other can guess about their turn...

Thanks for those who already shared this information :)
Have you tried talking to your MP about this?

My MP has been tremendously helpful and can usually get more information than is available on the web.

I know someone with a complicated case whose file moved everytime the MP's office enquired on the status.

Good Luck

Another-Immigrant

Sep 13, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
moomoo said:
Have you tried talking to your MP about this?

My MP has been tremendously helpful and can usually get more information than is available on the web.

I know someone with a complicated case whose file moved everytime the MP's office enquired on the status.

Good Luck
Thanks for the suggestions.

My MP inquired 4 times without any result. Then I ask MP, if there is no use then please don't bother CIC. Because it just waste of CIC's time, hence my application would delay more. I requester rather ask Minister to deploy more people to process fast. My MP said "Here people come to my office those are waiting since 10 years, why you are worried yous is just 7th year." :(

I can see no option except Court. For that i need money. :) So one or another way it is more and more wait. I choose my self for this.. :( now nowhere to go

rightback

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
Jun-2011
Doc's Request.
July-2015
AOR Received.
Oct-2015
File Transfer...
Mar-2016
Med's Request
May-2016 - Re-Med Mar-2017
Med's Done....
May-2016 Re-Med Apr 2017
Passport Req..
28-April 2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-May-2017
LANDED..........
18-June-2017
Another-Immigrant said:
Thanks for the suggestions.

My MP inquired 4 times without any result. Then I ask MP, if there is no use then please don't bother CIC. Because it just waste of CIC's time, hence my application would delay more. I requester rather ask Minister to deploy more people to process fast. My MP said "Here people come to my office those are waiting since 10 years, why you are worried yous is just 7th year." :(

I can see no option except Court. For that i need money. :) So one or another way it is more and more wait. I choose my self for this.. :( now nowhere to go
Why dont you make case specific inquiry online.

Another-Immigrant

Sep 13, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
rightback said:
Why dont you make case specific inquiry online.
Thanks for suggestion. I did that , i believe 2-3 months before, No reply. Is CIC is answering those inquiries. ? If yes, what is time limit to reply back? any idea?

MOONGS

Star Member
May 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry to hear the situation you are in.

1) Did you try to order GCMS notes? I did it almost every 1-2 months to see if there is any movement and where exactly is it stuck?

2) Case Specific Inquiries are usually answered within 30 days. Try again to see what happens.

3) Try writing an email to CPC Mississauga , try to call them.

Though you may have already tried the above. Try again.

From my experience, there are only a few things that you can do , rest you have to keep faith that things would work out sooner or later. I know its easier said than done but i have seen some other folks complaining that the system is wrong and all the different things just because someone else's application got processed before their's. I do not deny that there are no flaws in the system but that exists almost in every field. There is nothing much that you can do. Just keep faith and hopefully you will see some movements.

Best Wishes.
Moongs

Another-Immigrant said:
Thanks for suggestion. I did that , i believe 2-3 months before, No reply. Is CIC is answering those inquiries. ? If yes, what is time limit to reply back? any idea?

Another-Immigrant

Sep 13, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
MOONGS said:
Sorry to hear the situation you are in.

1) Did you try to order GCMS notes? I did it almost every 1-2 months to see if there is any movement and where exactly is it stuck?

2) Case Specific Inquiries are usually answered within 30 days. Try again to see what happens.

3) Try writing an email to CPC Mississauga , try to call them.

Though you may have already tried the above. Try again.

From my experience, there are only a few things that you can do , rest you have to keep faith that things would work out sooner or later. I know its easier said than done but i have seen some other folks complaining that the system is wrong and all the different things just because someone else's application got processed before their's. I do not deny that there are no flaws in the system but that exists almost in every field. There is nothing much that you can do. Just keep faith and hopefully you will see some movements.

Best Wishes.
Moongs
GCMS notes says "File referred to secondary review"
I will try Case specific inquiry
With the help of few people here, I have created excel sheet with information and found files in pending review are moving very very slowly and Pending review take 12-17 months . So my turn is in next 2-3 months. Thanks again the people who provide information there

I do not deny that there are no flaws in the system but that exists almost in every field.

I agree flaws may exists almost in every field, but.. I can not believe how a department in democratic country , running by taxpayer's money and not answerable to any one. CIC is not bound to answer the question, How much more time it would take to complete that secondary review. How a citizen don't have the right to know about the file. Unbelievable

I am shocked that even MP said, there is no way to find information about how much more time it would take. How justify able that?

My file (Many other's) is/are sitting there because there are not much man power to process those files. How a department can throw those files somewhere, where it took more than a year to process just one phase and on the other hand, people applied in in 2014/15/16 get landed already. I could not understand how fair is that and how it can happen legally?. How law can allow that?

I may be dumb/noob don't know much about law :(

I am keeping faith. But lost with CIC, MP office and Minister of Immigration. A little in Justice department... May be i can write a letter to Judge and Judge can take it as Public interest Litigation.. Some countries has that option. I am sure there are many members of public and their families are suffering from CIC's activities

rightback

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
Jun-2011
Doc's Request.
July-2015
AOR Received.
Oct-2015
File Transfer...
Mar-2016
Med's Request
Med's Done....
May-2016 Re-Med Apr 2017
Passport Req..
28-April 2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-May-2017
LANDED..........
18-June-2017
Another-Immigrant said:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Case specific inquiry is exactly for your situation as your application has exceeded normal processing time. If you don't hear anything back make an other inquiry. Since your application has exceeded normal processing time you are eligible to make a phone call also.

Another-Immigrant

Sep 13, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
rightback said:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Case specific inquiry is exactly for your situation as your application has exceeded normal processing time. If you don't hear anything back make an other inquiry. Since your application has exceeded normal processing time you are eligible to make a phone call also.
Great!

thanks for the link. I will try that, but again, Mine understanding is these things even are not true. Not working. e.g. If check processing time for PGP application. There is no time line e.g 44 months or 55 months or 80 months. Information is there that " We are processing application submitted after January 2014." even that is NOT true because i know the people who applied in January 2016 and parents got medical. All this information on CIC is NOT true. It is misleading. That is why i am shocked. How that can happen in a Country like Canada.. What is all this... How CIC even don't update the information. Or intentionally hiding information from Immigrants . Most of the time CIC clients are Immigrants NOT citizens ..

What you mean by phone call.. Phone call to Call center?. I had tried that many times. All the time answer is "Your file is in process". Some time even call don't go through ... :( Unbelievable..

Any how I will try to do a case specific inquiry

I am thinking if few people from here (who are going through this pain) we can get together and go to outside Immigration Minister's office , with big boards in hand showing our processing times.. I wish i could get here few people. But when application processed , most of them forget..

Let see

Thanks for suggestions and information

rightback

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
Jun-2011
Doc's Request.
July-2015
AOR Received.
Oct-2015
File Transfer...
Mar-2016
Med's Request
Med's Done....
May-2016 Re-Med Apr 2017
Passport Req..
28-April 2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-May-2017
LANDED..........
18-June-2017
Another-Immigrant said:
Great!

thanks for the link. I will try that, but again, Mine understanding is these things even are not true. Not working. e.g. If check processing time for PGP application. There is no time line e.g 44 months or 55 months or 80 months. Information is there that " We are processing application submitted after January 2014." even that is NOT true because i know the people who applied in January 2016 and parents got medical. All this information on CIC is NOT true. It is misleading. That is why i am shocked. How that can happen in a Country like Canada.. What is all this... How CIC even don't update the information. Or intentionally hiding information from Immigrants . Most of the time CIC clients are Immigrants NOT citizens ..

What you mean by phone call.. Phone call to Call center?. I had tried that many times. All the time answer is "Your file is in process". Some time even call don't go through ... :( Unbelievable..

Any how I will try to do a case specific inquiry

I am thinking if few people from here (who are going through this pain) we can get together and go to outside Immigration Minister's office , with big boards in hand showing our processing times.. I wish i could get here few people. But when application processed , most of them forget..

Let see

Thanks for suggestions and information
You can try contacting CTV news. Send them proof by take the spreadsheets from 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015, 2016. Mention them discrepancy in processing. They might contact CIC to get answer or even help you out in your specific case. CIC will response back to them, once they run a story on TV.

I know that 2014, 2015 and 2016 applications have got the PR and i have no objection on that at all as they are being processed under different yearly quota.
http://www.ctvnews.ca/more/contact-ctv-news

Another-Immigrant

Sep 13, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
rightback said:
You can try contacting CTV news. Send them proof by take the spreadsheets from 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015, 2016. Mention them discrepancy in processing. They might contact CIC to get answer or even help you out in your specific case. CIC will response back to them, once they run a story on TV.

I know that 2014, 2015 and 2016 applications have got the PR and i have no objection on that at all as they are being processed under different yearly quota.
http://www.ctvnews.ca/more/contact-ctv-news
Thank you very much, I will try that

been.bittu

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
APRIL 2011
Doc's Request.
JULY 2014
AOR Received.
OCT 2014
File Transfer...
MARCH 2016
Med's Request
APRIL 2016
Med's Done....
APRIL 2016
Passport Req..
NOV 2016
VISA ISSUED...
NOV 2016
LANDED..........
DEC 2016
hi everyone

can someone tell me what is GCkey and how its works and also pls give me information that how to make gckey

thanks

rightback

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
Jun-2011
Doc's Request.
July-2015
AOR Received.
Oct-2015
File Transfer...
Mar-2016
Med's Request
Med's Done....
May-2016 Re-Med Apr 2017
Passport Req..
28-April 2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-May-2017
LANDED..........
18-June-2017
been.bittu said:
hi everyone

can someone tell me what is GCkey and how its works and also pls give me information that how to make gckey

thanks
You can link your application with GCKey to view your status online. This is different then E-case. It will alert you whenever there is any update on your file. Just simply create account and then link your application.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/account.asp

there is forum specific to this topic.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/linking-mycic-account-to-pr-application-t439261.0.html

moomoo

Star Member
Sep 13, 2016
Another-Immigrant said:
GCMS notes says "File referred to secondary review"
I will try Case specific inquiry
With the help of few people here, I have created excel sheet with information and found files in pending review are moving very very slowly and Pending review take 12-17 months . So my turn is in next 2-3 months. Thanks again the people who provide information there

I do not deny that there are no flaws in the system but that exists almost in every field.

I agree flaws may exists almost in every field, but.. I can not believe how a department in democratic country , running by taxpayer's money and not answerable to any one. CIC is not bound to answer the question, How much more time it would take to complete that secondary review. How a citizen don't have the right to know about the file. Unbelievable

I am shocked that even MP said, there is no way to find information about how much more time it would take. How justify able that?

My file (Many other's) is/are sitting there because there are not much man power to process those files. How a department can throw those files somewhere, where it took more than a year to process just one phase and on the other hand, people applied in in 2014/15/16 get landed already. I could not understand how fair is that and how it can happen legally?. How law can allow that?

I may be dumb/noob don't know much about law :(

I am keeping faith. But lost with CIC, MP office and Minister of Immigration. A little in Justice department... May be i can write a letter to Judge and Judge can take it as Public interest Litigation.. Some countries has that option. I am sure there are many members of public and their families are suffering from CIC's activities
Unfortunately, as you said and all of us know, there is no written in stone timelines when it comes to processing files by CIC. I dont know much about secondary review to give you more information than what you already know.

It could very well be due to CIC being gutted of staff over the last 4-5 years. PGP stream is normally on the backburner as in not a critical stream as spouse/ adoption etc take priority. Having said that, the # of applications stuck in the process before the hauitus in 2011 must be in hundreds of thousands.

anyways, I would advise not to lose hope, keep trying to get more info and calling/ emailing CIC.

harman85

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 18,2011
Doc's Request.
August 12,2015
AOR Received.
January 06,2016
File Transfer...
August 02,2016
Med's Request
October 20,2016
Med's Done....
October 26,2016, Second Medical-November 07,2016
Interview........
AsKED FOR DNA( FEBRUARY 06,2017)
Okay so new twist in my application. Doctor called my family and asked my mom to go with some additional tests. He told my mom that all the tests are normal but still he want to get some additional tests for her. Originally they did medical on October 26,2016 and now some new tests today i.e November 07,2016 and an ultrasound tomorrow as well. Hope its not gona delay the file more.

Cgill

Sep 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 2015
File Transfer...
June 2016
Med's Request
June 2016
Med's Done....
Oct 2016
Passport Req..
Dec 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2016
LANDED..........
Jan 2017
harman85 said:
Okay so new twist in my application. Doctor called my family and asked my mom to go with some additional tests. He told my mom that all the tests are normal but still he want to get some additional tests for her. Originally they did medical on October 26,2016 and now some new tests today i.e November 07,2016 and an ultrasound tomorrow as well. Hope its not gona delay the file more.
Don't worry it happened with us too. Now we are waiting after that is done.