+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2011 (May-November) Parents sponsorship applicants join here

jyotdeep

Star Member
Feb 8, 2015
Hello all,
How long does it take for passport request after medical and pcc . Case being processed at new delhi.

hirak24

Star Member
Jan 4, 2015
Hello All,

I am thinking to get written authorization for my parents to get access to the file. As otherwise the agents will not discuss anything. Is it a good Idea to add it now ?

here is the link :-

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5475E.pdf

Its really frustrating to see this much wait on the file. Nothing as of yet. File was approved on June 12th,2016. Transferred to Ottawa same day. Really worried now..God knows whats going on ??

PLease Advise.

Thanks,

kcdasoju

Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2011
Doc's Request.
26-10-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
20-12-2016
Med's Done....
31-12-2016
jyotdeep said:
Hello all,
How long does it take for passport request after medical and pcc . Case being processed at new delhi.
Jyotdeep

can you please share your time lines please

Category: ?? FAM
Initially Applied: ??? 2011
Doc requested: ??? 2015
Doc sent: ??? 2015
AOR: ??? 2015
Sponsorship Approved: ??? 2016
Med request: ??? 2016
Med done: ??? 2016

jyotdeep

Star Member
Feb 8, 2015
kcdasoju said:
Jyotdeep

can you please share your time lines please

Category: ?? FAM
Initially Applied: may 2011
Doc requested: ??? 2015
Doc sent: ??? 2015
AOR: ??? 2015
Sponsorship Approved: ??? 2016
Med request: july 2016
Med done: july2016

kcdasoju

Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2011
Doc's Request.
26-10-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
20-12-2016
Med's Done....
31-12-2016
i am Sponsoring my parents. when i log into CIC web site using my UCI and Last name.

i have noticed that they have included a new message as stated below. Did any one try it, if yes did it work?

in my case it was not working

The person you are sponsoring can receive instant email updates and more detailed, up-to-date case status on their permanent resident application by creating an online account. Find out how.

With regards

Dasoju

Another-Immigrant

Sep 13, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
kcdasoju said:
i am Sponsoring my parents. when i log into CIC web site using my UCI and Last name.

i have noticed that they have included a new message as stated below. Did any one try it, if yes did it work?

The person you are sponsoring can receive instant email updates and more detailed, up-to-date case status on their permanent resident application by creating an online account. Find out how.

With regards

Dasoju
Yes, I have seen this message started to appear couple of months before. I never tried it

rightback

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
Jun-2011
Doc's Request.
July-2015
AOR Received.
Oct-2015
File Transfer...
Mar-2016
Med's Request
May-2016 - Re-Med Mar-2017
Med's Done....
May-2016 Re-Med Apr 2017
Passport Req..
28-April 2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-May-2017
LANDED..........
18-June-2017
kcdasoju said:

With regards

Dasoju
I have tried many time to link the application to the GCKey Account but all attempt were unsuccessful. System could not find any application to link. All required information was provided accurately.

You must have GCKey account or create new one to attempt linking your application. I have used GCkey before for applying super visa and visit visa for parents and it provide you quick update of any progress happen on the file.

I would like to see if any one else can link their application to GCKey.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
rightback said:
I have tried many time to link the application to the GCKey Account but all attempt were unsuccessful. System could not find any application to link. All required information was provided accurately.

You must have GCKey account or create new one to attempt linking your application. I have used GCkey before for applying super visa and visit visa for parents and it provide you quick update of any progress happen on the file.

I would like to see if any one else can link their application to GCKey.
Some tips that I shared on my spreadsheets:

• After you login, you click on Link App to this Account button. Choose Permanent Residence in category and Family Class (Parents & Grandparents) in sub-categpry. This will open all the required fields you will need to fill up.
  • There are 4 different combinations you can select in application details. You can try all combo, but I would recommend App No. & Family Name.
  • Sometimes leaving city and country of birth fields empty work.
  • In the passport section, enter the info as seen in the originally sent passport of PA. Sometime leaving the entire passport fields blank work.
  • Match the city and province name you entered in the original app. Leaving them blank work sometimes as well.
  • The most tricky part is the Number of Family Members. In most cases, this needs to match exactly how you declared your family size in the original app. For a family of 6 (sponsor+sponsor's spouse+2 kids+both parents), this can work for any number from 2 to 6. So, you have to try all numbers within the range. You can also try leaving the field blank.
  • As I've seen, it takes several tries to successfully link the app. Good luck!!!

rightback

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
Jun-2011
Doc's Request.
July-2015
AOR Received.
Oct-2015
File Transfer...
Mar-2016
Med's Request
May-2016 - Re-Med Mar-2017
Med's Done....
May-2016 Re-Med Apr 2017
Passport Req..
28-April 2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-May-2017
LANDED..........
18-June-2017
Rossei said:
Some tips that I shared on my spreadsheets:

• After you login, you click on Link App to this Account button. Choose Permanent Residence in category and Family Class (Parents & Grandparents) in sub-categpry. This will open all the required fields you will need to fill up.
  • There are 4 different combinations you can select in application details. You can try all combo, but I would recommend App No. & Family Name.
  • Sometimes leaving city and country of birth fields empty work.
  • In the passport section, enter the info as seen in the originally sent passport of PA. Sometime leaving the entire passport fields blank work.
  • Match the city and province name you entered in the original app. Leaving them blank work sometimes as well.
  • The most tricky part is the Number of Family Members. In most cases, this needs to match exactly how you declared your family size in the original app. For a family of 6 (sponsor+sponsor's spouse+2 kids+both parents), this can work for any number from 2 to 6. So, you have to try all numbers within the range. You can also try leaving the field blank.
  • As I've seen, it takes several tries to successfully link the app. Good luck!!!
Thanks Rossei,

Now i am able to link my application. Your provided information helped a lot. After adding sponsor person also in the count in last question i.e. number of family members in this application, it worked.

I i see that more details now. Medical is passed and background check is in progress.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
rightback said:
Thanks Rossei,

Now i am able to link my application. Your provided information helped a lot. After adding sponsor person also in the count in last question i.e. number of family members in this application, it worked.

I i see that more details now. Medical is passed and background check is in progress.
Happy to help. :D

preet123

Star Member
Aug 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/ july/2011
Doc's Request.
31/july/2015
File Transfer...
22/ aug/2016
Med's Request
21/oct/2016
Med's Done....
8/nov/2016
harman85 said:
When did they asked you for documents? You didn't submitted those documents before when they asked for additional documents ?
i already submit those document in may 2015 , but they ask again .may be i have a dependent child in my file .

preet123

Star Member
Aug 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/ july/2011
Doc's Request.
31/july/2015
File Transfer...
22/ aug/2016
Med's Request
21/oct/2016
Med's Done....
8/nov/2016
harman85 said:
When did they asked you for documents? You didn't submitted those documents before when they asked for additional documents ?
may be cause of ,i have a dependent child in my file , that's y they ask additional document again .

MOONGS

Star Member
May 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:
Happy to help. :D
Hi Guys,

I created a GCKEY account and linked my application with the hope that i might see more details.

Unfortunately it shows everything in Progress including Eligibility whereas i was approved last year and the GCMS notes show that i everything except medical is complete. May be this information here is not complete.

Thanks,
Moongs

Arriejohal

Jun 9, 2016
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2011
Doc's Request.
27-6-2015
AOR Received.
20-10-2015
Med's Request
27-06-2015
Med's Done....
5-07-2015
Passport Req..
Pending
My case was applied by my brother to new delhi in january 2011
They send file from canada to new delhi in june 2015 nd request for some copies and some orignal documents liky my study and some else nd PCC and Medicals tests
In march they request to submilt updated new form of my father
In april 2016 they requested second time medical test of me,my mother nd father
In june 2016 i recived call from new delhi visa office that they need finger prints of my mother nd father nd scheduled visit to high commission of canada New Delhi on 26 july 2016
On 26 july finger prints done
I want to know what's next step now
My parents hav super visa nd tgey visted canada 2 times ,thats why they ask for finger prints
Am so worried about this
When will they request passports nd they hav my orignal diploma marksheets since june 2015
Please guy help me any one from janury 2011 get passport requests

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Arriejohal said:
My case was applied by my brother to new delhi in january 2011
They send file from canada to new delhi in june 2015 nd request for some copies and some orignal documents liky my study and some else nd PCC and Medicals tests
In march they request to submilt updated new form of my father
In april 2016 they requested second time medical test of me,my mother nd father
In june 2016 i recived call from new delhi visa office that they need finger prints of my mother nd father nd scheduled visit to high commission of canada New Delhi on 26 july 2016
On 26 july finger prints done
I want to know what's next step now
My parents hav super visa nd tgey visted canada 2 times ,thats why they ask for finger prints
Am so worried about this
When will they request passports nd they hav my orignal diploma marksheets since june 2015
Please guy help me any one from janury 2011 get passport requests
Try to link application. Check if they have started background checks in process