+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2011 and 2012 Applicants

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I really hope so too but there nothing much going on now at CIC, it looks like they are all on vacation. The very few that are getting oath these days are scheduled for early July which makes me think that they are not scheduling many oaths for the summer season. Unfortunately we could be on hooks for at least 3 more months.

am4u2ster

Jan 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have recently contacted my local Member of Parliament, and had a word with him.
As per him he can not speed up the process of my application, however he can request as where you file is stuck.
I told him please verify the status of my application, so will better understand where my application is standing, because when I call the CIC call center they do not answer properly.

This is the email I have received from my local MP

As per your request to our office, following is the update on the above mentioned case:

-Background checks are in progress
-Nothing else will be done on the file until background checks are completed
-There is no processing time available for background checks
-Please inquire again in 90 days

My timeline
Application Submitted : Sep 2012
In Process : Feb 2013
RQ Received : April 2013
RQ Submitted :May 2013
Generic letter received to prepare for a test : Jan 2014 but there is no such date on it, it is just a casual letter from CIC.
after this there is no such communication from CIC. No Test.

Is anyone facing the similar scenario in this thread.

Thanks

longwaitwithrq

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
am4u2ster said:
I have recently contacted my local Member of Parliament, and had a word with him.
As per him he can not speed up the process of my application, however he can request as where you file is stuck.
I told him please verify the status of my application, so will better understand where my application is standing, because when I call the CIC call center they do not answer properly.

This is the email I have received from my local MP

As per your request to our office, following is the update on the above mentioned case:

-Background checks are in progress
-Nothing else will be done on the file until background checks are completed
-There is no processing time available for background checks
-Please inquire again in 90 days

My timeline
Application Submitted : Sep 2012
In Process : Feb 2013
RQ Received : April 2013
RQ Submitted :May 2013
Generic letter received to prepare for a test : Jan 2014 but there is no such date on it, it is just a casual letter from CIC.
after this there is no such communication from CIC. No Test.

Is anyone facing the similar scenario in this thread.

Thanks
Why dont you request your Atip ?

bogazici10

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi guys this is my story below;

Office is Scarborough center:

Received: May 10, 2012.

Process application: Oct 25, 2012.

Residence questionnaire requested CIT 0171 (09-2012) E version : Nov 30, 2012.

Residence questionnaire sent: January 9, 2013.

1st Fingerprint Request: January 24, 2013.

1st Fingerprint sent: February 11, 2013.

Text Exam: February 7, 2014 and passed at St Clair office.

2nd Fingerprint sent: February 11, 2014.

2 Mini Residence questionnaire requested CIT 0520 (07-2014) E version : December 17, 2014

File assigned to officer: December 17, 2014

Additional documents sent: March 14, 2015

Additional documents received: March 16, 2015

Oath Ceremony: Huh??

i got my atip report yesderday is says corresondence: 1

Template Title: "citizenship application record of decision"
Document status:Done

do you have any idea guys what it means? any comments...

supercarp

Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ten: djoli, janoo, Soopergal, AK111, ItkExpert, Feb2012, walrus1891, am4u2ster, bogazici10 and supercarp.
it seems we all have relatively complicate and long files for the applications. we also learned the cic system better during those years' waiting, which may help if we can decide a fight.

supercarp

Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anybody interested in filing the mandamus with me together against CIC? i'm thinking of trying it ourselves as a group than spending the time waiting and wandering around anymore. we have good examples of people in this forum who have successfully done it before, and we may seek their advise if they are also willing to help. Lawyers can help us do it too, with $5-6k, but i don't think the citizenship is worth the money if we only want to vote some people down in October. please reply if you have the time and eagerness to do this together.

the general steps are listed as in the link: https://www.lsuc.on.ca/For-Lawyers/Manage-Your-Practice/Practice-Area/Administrative-Law/The-Steps-in-an-Application-for-Judicial-Review-in-Federal-Court/

janoo

May 16, 2014
I believe CIC will finish all old pending application by end of 2015 and all new
application submitted April 2014 -will finish by March 2016. Let hope instead of
going to federal court.

Soopergal

Star Member
Apr 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
supercarp said:
anybody interested in filing the mandamus with me together against CIC? i'm thinking of trying it ourselves as a group than spending the time waiting and wandering around anymore. we have good examples of people in this forum who have successfully done it before, and we may seek their advise if they are also willing to help. Lawyers can help us do it too, with $5-6k, but i don't think the citizenship is worth the money if we only want to vote some people down in October. please reply if you have the time and eagerness to do this together.

the general steps are listed as in the link: https://www.lsuc.on.ca/For-Lawyers/Manage-Your-Practice/Practice-Area/Administrative-Law/The-Steps-in-an-Application-for-Judicial-Review-in-Federal-Court/
supercarp - I'm interested.

janoo

May 16, 2014
Hi.. any up date on 2011-2012-2013 application.

Hi.. Soopergal after test/interview did you heard any things...

await to hear from you..

canciti

Star Member
Dec 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What is wrong with CIC :( ?????? The interviewer after the test told me you will get the oath letter within two months and now they sent me a letter for finger prints. Anything to worry about guys??? Is it gonna delay my oath letter, thanks

Soopergal

Star Member
Apr 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
janoo said:
Hi.. any up date on 2011-2012-2013 application.

Hi.. Soopergal after test/interview did you heard any things...

await to hear from you..
No news I'm afraid.

Soopergal

Star Member
Apr 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canciti said:
What is wrong with CIC :( ?????? The interviewer after the test told me you will get the oath letter within two months and now they sent me a letter for finger prints. Anything to worry about guys??? Is it gonna delay my oath letter, thanks
I had my test on June 3rd too. Did they have your RQ response reviewed before the interview? My RQ response has not been reviewed and the interviewer said they need time to review it. My test/interview was in Mississauga. Where was yours?

canciti

Star Member
Dec 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mine was in Scarborough. The interviewer didn't say anything about the RQ at the end of the interview she just said you will get your oath letter within 2 months and I was so happy that it is coming to an end but then this finger print thing came up