20/12/2011
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
13/12/2011
LANDED..........
may be on 30th
Dear members,
I paid 1st semester fee to Georgian college through wire transfer. My question is what happens if my visa is refused? Will I get my full semester fee back or will there be some deduction? What if I get visa after the course start date? Or takes longer than that. I am now waiting for the college to issue me unconditional letter.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jay_leo21 said:
Dear members,
I paid 1st semester fee to Georgian college through wire transfer. My question is what happens if my visa is refused? Will I get my full semester fee back or will there be some deduction? What if I get visa after the course start date? Or takes longer than that. I am now waiting for the college to issue me unconditional letter.
Hi,

1. what happens if my visa is refused? Will I get my full semester fee back or will there be some deduction?

Most probably a CAD 500 deduction by SPP designated college (in the name of administrative charges)

2. What if I get visa after the course start date?

Under NO circumstances you shall get a visa after the class start date. You shall get a request to submit a letter of deferral up to the next possible intake/last registration date.

3. I am now waiting for the college to issue me unconditional letter.

You can apply on the basis of conditional LOA.

jay_leo21

Star Member
Oct 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/12/2011
IELTS Request
7 BAND
Med's Done....
20/12/2011
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
13/12/2011
LANDED..........
may be on 30th
Thanks enfield for your reply. I have one more question for you, shall I send all my bachelor transcripts or master's transcripts is enough to CHC.

royalsting

Sep 14, 2011
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Pending
IELTS Request
8 Bands
Interview........
Nope!
enfield said:
Hi,

1. what happens if my visa is refused? Will I get my full semester fee back or will there be some deduction?

Most probably a CAD 500 deduction by SPP designated college (in the name of administrative charges)

2. What if I get visa after the course start date?

Under NO circumstances you shall get a visa after the class start date. You shall get a request to submit a letter of deferral up to the next possible intake/last registration date.

3. I am now waiting for the college to issue me unconditional letter.

You can apply on the basis of conditional LOA.
@ enfield isn't it like that if ones VISA is refused he/she gets full refund? And if that person wants to change college or doesn't attend that particular college than $500 are deducted. This applies to Humber college atleast.

@jay This page (http://www.georgianc.on.ca/admissions/policies/registration/352-program-fee-refunds) suggests that $500 would be deducted but it doesn't state the policy for people whose VISA was denied. So you better email the registrar (email address given on the link above) and ask for the same.

khurana

Star Member
Oct 17, 2011
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2011
IELTS Request
7 bands
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2011
LANDED..........
28-12-2011
for humber also, wotevr the situation is, refund wud be possible only after deduction n its tru

royalsting

Sep 14, 2011
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Pending
IELTS Request
8 Bands
Interview........
Nope!
khurana said:
for humber also, wotevr the situation is, refund wud be possible only after deduction n its tru
Nope, not true! Humber does not charge any fees if VISA is Refused.

Check the following link:

http://international.humber.ca/study-in-canada/step-by-step-process/refund-policy

I will quote from that link:

If Canadian Immigration denies your visa/study permit then you will not be charged the $500 CAD administration fee.

Jyoti Dhillon

Jun 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/11/11
IELTS Request
6 bands
Med's Done....
7/11/11
Interview........
weived
VISA ISSUED...
waiting for that.. baba g visavde do ....
hey royal see ur post its 420 lolz :p

Jyoti Dhillon

Jun 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/11/11
IELTS Request
6 bands
Med's Done....
7/11/11
Interview........
weived
VISA ISSUED...
waiting for that.. baba g visavde do ....
if refused then 100 to 150 dollars deducted as administrative charges and if you withdraw your fees then 500 dollars will deuduct according to george brown college

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
royalsting said:
@ enfield isn't it like that if ones VISA is refused he/she gets full refund? And if that person wants to change college or doesn't attend that particular college than $500 are deducted. This applies to Humber college atleast.

@ jay This page (http://www.georgianc.on.ca/admissions/policies/registration/352-program-fee-refunds) suggests that $500 would be deducted but it doesn't state the policy for people whose VISA was denied. So you better email the registrar (email address given on the link above) and ask for the same.
Hi,

You get full refund (less CAD 500 or whatever the charges are!) only on the production of visa refusal letter. I have seen at least 3 to 5 cases where visa refused SPP students end up paying CAD 500 before getting a refund.

khurana

Star Member
Oct 17, 2011
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2011
IELTS Request
7 bands
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2011
LANDED..........
28-12-2011
+1 for me n enfield n jyoti too...hehehe royal dont worry half wud be for u too for fake info hehehehe
joking!

royalsting

Sep 14, 2011
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Pending
IELTS Request
8 Bands
Interview........
Nope!
enfield said:
Hi,

You get full refund (less CAD 500 or whatever the charges are!) only on the production of visa refusal letter. I have seen at least 3 to 5 cases where visa refused SPP students end up paying CAD 500 before getting a refund.
khurana said:
@ enfield, Check the following link:

http://international.humber.ca/study-in-canada/step-by-step-process/refund-policy

It is possible that some of the colleges do charge $500 but one can check this with their colleges. Also one should mention this to their college that VISA was denied to them with proof.

I will quote from that link:

If Canadian Immigration denies your visa/study permit then you will not be charged the $500 CAD administration fee.

@ Khurana ^^

khurana

Star Member
Oct 17, 2011
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2011
IELTS Request
7 bands