+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

18 months of waiting... Is it normal?

SINP 2014 PNP

Star Member
Apr 18, 2015
hi friend i am sep 2014 applicant

my ecas is not working since one week

but today i called cic and the cic call agent confirmed i got dm and its approved also file transferred to ottawa

my question is there any other way i can confirn about my DM

SpoonRaccoon

Jul 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Need Canadian Pr said:
some people said
some call agent are rude they may can write bad notes on file

so i call today and my agent was bit rude and now i am worried
Some are like that. An agent once told me to stop asking questions and to go look online.
In my experience, it seems that the job agents have is to end the calls they take. Once in a blue moon, you get a useful nice friendly agent but that's rare.

Need Canadian Pr

Jan 25, 2015
SpoonRaccoon said:
Some are like that. An agent once told me to stop asking questions and to go look online.
In my experience, it seems that the job agents have is to end the calls they take. Once in a blue moon, you get a useful nice friendly agent but that's rare.
I was not rude
But I asked same question couple of times

That's my worried part

Quink

Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2015 (EP and UCI)
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015 (ECAS updated 20-05-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
IP update 26-8-2015, DM 14-9-2015, READY FOR VISA EMAIL 21-9-2015
LANDED..........
30-09-2015 (PR Card received 13-01-2016)
Need Canadian Pr said:
I was not rude
But I asked same question couple of times

That's my worried part
Man, here's something to consider. At my work I have to deal with clients calling and contacting me when they need to use our services. Some of them call up, explain what they want quickly and clearly, and I help them out. Then they stop asking me questions because I've done everything I can do for them. Those people are great. Some others will call me constantly and keep asking questions that either I've already told them, or that I have no way of being able to answer. After a while I get really frustrated with them, and every time I see their name in an email or their number come up on my phone, I either ignore it or my annoyance ends up showing through because I just can't hide it anymore. They're a massive pain to deal with, because they won't take no for an answer even though it's the only answer I've got for them.

It sounds like you're being the second type of client to CIC. How often do you call them? Is it daily? They probably sound rude sometimes because they're tired of telling you the same thing over and over again.

Some free advice - if you don't have a new question to ask them which relates to some new information that you have been given, you probably should stop calling them. It's frustrating for them, it's frustrating for you, and it doesn't help your processing time one little bit. I say this with the greatest respect, because I know this is an incredibly long and tough process and it's natural to be feeling the way you are. But what you seem to be doing is not helping anyone.

Need Canadian Pr

Jan 25, 2015
Quink said:
Man, here's something to consider. At my work I have to deal with clients calling and contacting me when they need to use our services. Some of them call up, explain what they want quickly and clearly, and I help them out. Then they stop asking me questions because I've done everything I can do for them. Those people are great. Some others will call me constantly and keep asking questions that either I've already told them, or that I have no way of being able to answer. After a while I get really frustrated with them, and every time I see their name in an email or their number come up on my phone, I either ignore it or my annoyance ends up showing through because I just can't hide it anymore. They're a massive pain to deal with, because they won't take no for an answer even though it's the only answer I've got for them.

It sounds like you're being the second type of client to CIC. How often do you call them? Is it daily? They probably sound rude sometimes because they're tired of telling you the same thing over and over again.

Some free advice - if you don't have a new question to ask them which relates to some new information that you have been given, you probably should stop calling them. It's frustrating for them, it's frustrating for you, and it doesn't help your processing time one little bit. I say this with the greatest respect, because I know this is an incredibly long and tough process and it's natural to be feeling the way you are. But what you seem to be doing is not helping anyone.
Thanks for reply
But if I ask same twice do you think it is considered as rude
Or she can put bad notes in my file
Or she can change my DM

Quink

Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2015 (EP and UCI)
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Need Canadian Pr said:
Thanks for reply
But if I ask same twice do you think it is considered as rude
Or she can put bad notes in my file
Or she can change my DM
It's not rude unless you have a rude tone. But it's pointless and will cause them to be annoyed and resent you. When you asked the first time and they answered, why did you ask again? I'm genuinely curious... was it because you didn't understand their answer, or because you weren't happy with the answer you were given? Did you think they were hiding something and if you asked again then they might reveal all their secrets?

Here's an example - if you ask someone if you can have a cookie, and they say that they don't have any cookies and don't know where to get any cookies, and your followup questions is "so, can I have a cookie", what do you think their reaction will be?

nuksyed

Dec 4, 2013
AB
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Doc's Request.
01-12-2015
Nomination.....
10-12-2015 Sent CIC: 09-02-2016
AOR Received.
waiting.
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Quink said:
It's not rude unless you have a rude tone. But it's pointless and will cause them to be annoyed and resent you. When you asked the first time and they answered, why did you ask again? I'm genuinely curious... was it because you didn't understand their answer, or because you weren't happy with the answer you were given? Did you think they were hiding something and if you asked again then they might reveal all their secrets?

Here's an example - if you ask someone if you can have a cookie, and they say that they don't have any cookies and don't know where to get any cookies, and your followup questions is "so, can I have a cookie", what do you think their reaction will be?
LOL some of the posts on these forums are hilarious.. not judging anyone, but seriously, they are hilarious. I think the long processing times make everyone go a little cuckoo. I mean, I consider myself sane, but sometimes I just go crazy haha.
AINP sent me an additional documents request, 2 days but since they haven't followed up yet; I am going nuts!

Need Canadian Pr

Jan 25, 2015
Quink said:

Honestly I wanted to confirm again that's why

Quink

Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2015 (EP and UCI)
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Need Canadian Pr said:
Honestly I wanted to confirm again that's why
That's fair enough. It's OK to make sure, but just be conscious that it's another human on the other end of the line. Only you know the exact words you have been using when you speak to them, so only you will know if it's rude or not. If you say "so just to confirm..." and then repeat the question, that's fine.

I doubt anyone will write any bad notes, because you are able to see your notes and they would get in trouble for writing something like that.

The agents can not make decisions on your case - so they can't change your DM or anything like that. This is made absolutely 100% crystal clear on the call - the recorded message says this explicitly. So at least this is one question you no longer need to ask again. ;)

Hang in there bud. You'll get there! :)

Need Canadian Pr

Jan 25, 2015
Quink said:
That's fair enough. It's OK to make sure, but just be conscious that it's another human on the other end of the line. Only you know the exact words you have been using when you speak to them, so only you will know if it's rude or not. If you say "so just to confirm..." and then repeat the question, that's fine.

I doubt anyone will write any bad notes, because you are able to see your notes and they would get in trouble for writing something like that.

The agents can not make decisions on your case - so they can't change your DM or anything like that. This is made absolutely 100% crystal clear on the call - the recorded message says this explicitly. So at least this is one question you no longer need to ask again. ;)

Hang in there bud. You'll get there! :)
My worried part was after she said have a nice day

Line didn't disconnect
And I listen the typing sound
So I was thinking may be she is writing some thing on my file
That's why
But trust me my tone wasn't rude

nuksyed

Dec 4, 2013
AB
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Doc's Request.
01-12-2015
Nomination.....
10-12-2015 Sent CIC: 09-02-2016
AOR Received.
waiting.
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Need Canadian Pr said:
My worried part was after she said have a nice day

Line didn't disconnect
And I listen the typing sound
So I was thinking may be she is writing some thing on my file
That's why
But trust me my tone wasn't rude
Oh stop worrying so much! The more you think about it the more it will bother you. Just forget it, and get on with life, think about other things and wait for the next message you get from them!
You will be fine!