Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
Unfortunately, it's not really possible to know at what point in processing a visa office is based on what they request and when, and when they receive it. The best indicator of how long it's going to be is to use the overall processing timelines posted on the CIC website. Pretoria is currently finalizing spousal PR applications within 18 months after they receive it at Pretoria. I am reasonably sure that is the maximum timeline - most applications will be finalized in less time than that but there's absolutely no way to predict how long an individual case will take. My best advice is to follow some of the threads posted by other members processing through Pretoria. There haven't been many - and it might take some digging to find them - but I know there have been some. Do a search with keyword "Pretoria". You might also post an inquiry on the boards seeking contact with anyone processing through Pretoria.

U

Unbelievable

After months of waiting, crying and temporary insanity, it is official, my baby might be here for xmas. We got a passport request today and we are not wasting any time. Man, we have been waiting for 25 months and I am exhausted but happy.

Wish you guys the best and I pray you get a positive answer soon.

Take Care,

Unbelievable. :D

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unbelievable said:
After months of waiting, crying and temporary insanity, it is official, my baby might be here for xmas. We got a passport request today and we are not wasting any time. Man, we have been waiting for 25 months and I am exhausted but happy.

Wish you guys the best and I pray you get a positive answer soon.

Take Care,

Unbelievable. :D
Congrats ur 2+ yrs journey is coming to an end

U

Unbelievable

Waiting for the arrival of the spouse, I really should be so thankful but I am sad that my brother's application was cancelled because of my spouse's application, my brother was a great sport and I will try to get him here or the States no matter what. All I can do right now is give my brother all the support. I find it strange that my spouse has showed no appreciation that my brother gave up his seat to allow him to join me here, and then my spouse's attitude has changed, he is telling me it is the stress of the situation but I have seen him in really bad stressful situations with his previous marriage and all of a sudden he is rude and not even trying. Most of my friends advised that the hope that he would not turn on me but when I look back at some of the signs, him putting so much pressure on me the entire immigration process and his behavior when he got his papers, he is a different person. This is the same guy who decided to disclose his HIV status after we got married and only because immigration requested that I send in a confirmation that I knew about his status.
With the way things are going I hope I have not been used like the other horror stories I have heard on marriage fraud. I am not asking for sympathy, I am just sharing my experience to make others aware that the world economy is changing and people are desperate, Canada is a gold ticket when something sounds too good to be true watch for the signs. As far as Immigration wait times go the did not help my relationship much and the should have follow up audits to see if couples are doing well through marriage counseling or just spot audits. I think that my brother should have still been allowed into Canada given that he had been waiting 3o months before he was denied. I hope the did not allow the wrong man in. I am trying to stay positive even when things are not looking up.

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unbelievable said:
Waiting for the arrival of the spouse, I really should be so thankful but I am sad that my brother's application was cancelled because of my spouse's application, my brother was a great sport and I will try to get him here or the States no matter what. All I can do right now is give my brother all the support. I find it strange that my spouse has showed no appreciation that my brother gave up his seat to allow him to join me here, and then my spouse's attitude has changed, he is telling me it is the stress of the situation but I have seen him in really bad stressful situations with his previous marriage and all of a sudden he is rude and not even trying. Most of my friends advised that the hope that he would not turn on me but when I look back at some of the signs, him putting so much pressure on me the entire immigration process and his behavior when he got his papers, he is a different person. This is the same guy who decided to disclose his HIV status after we got married and only because immigration requested that I send in a confirmation that I knew about his status.
With the way things are going I hope I have not been used like the other horror stories I have heard on marriage fraud. I am not asking for sympathy, I am just sharing my experience to make others aware that the world economy is changing and people are desperate, Canada is a gold ticket when something sounds too good to be true watch for the signs. As far as Immigration wait times go the did not help my relationship much and the should have follow up audits to see if couples are doing well through marriage counseling or just spot audits. I think that my brother should have still been allowed into Canada given that he had been waiting 3o months before he was denied. I hope the did not allow the wrong man in. I am trying to stay positive even when things are not looking up.
Sorry to hear about your situation lets hope you have not been infected with this terrible disease not sure of the status of your marriage if its still intact but first and foremost worry about your health you cant help your brother if u are not in good health.

babel

Nov 11, 2010
Hi guys I just wanted share this news with everyone on this forum .... This forum has been great for information regarding the pr applications.

We received your application for permanent residence on December 16, 2010.

We started processing your application on February 4, 2011.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

Medical results have been received.

We sent you a letter on December 7, 2011 to xxxx, North York, Ontario, Canada, Xxxx about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.