+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Zimbabwean seeking asylum to move to Canada (currently has a US visa)

Meg22Grace

Nov 27, 2018
Good day all
I studied Bio Medical Sciences in the USA and have a one year permit which allows me to do research work after completion of my 4 year degree. I am on a Zimbabwean passport and would like to move to Canada and settle there as i have no family anymore in Zimbabwe and my mother works in different countries across Africa and i can no longer get a visa under her name since i am over 18.

Please advise the best way of moving into Canada.
Is asylum an option and how would it work?
thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Good day all
I studied Bio Medical Sciences in the USA and have a one year permit which allows me to do research work after completion of my 4 year degree. I am on a Zimbabwean passport and would like to move to Canada and settle there as i have no family anymore in Zimbabwe and my mother works in different countries across Africa and i can no longer get a visa under her name since i am over 18.

thank you!
What are your grounds for claiming asylum?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Good day all

thank you!
Not having any family in your home country is no basis for asylum , however if that’s your reason , do you have family in Canada?
How about doing a little research on the proper way to immigrate , you have a visa for the USA, so obviously you have some experience in navigating the immigration application system

Last edited:

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Honestly, I can’t blame the OP for inquiring. It’s indicative of a program that is rapidly becoming the preferred choice for immigration. Just show up and we’ll seriously consider just about everyone who does with no repercussions. The system is broken.