+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

yVisitor Visa for F1 holder

praseenair

Feb 9, 2018
Hello,

My sister has been issued a F1 visa to study in US. Her classes start in August 2019 in US. Before going, she wanted to visit us for a month in Canada, just as a tourist.
We have the documents like her bank statements, study loan approval letter, US F1 Visa, US university admit letter and flight tickets from Canada to US university. I have 2 questions:
1. What else should we show to prove that she is just here for a month?
2. Is it ok to travel from Canada to US, since her visa was issued from India. But her first travel to US would be from Canadian airport. Is that ok?

Thanks,
Praseena

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
1. That seems fine. Also a letter explaining why she wants to come to Canada - you inviting her, for e.g
2. Yes, it's ok to travel from Canada. The US won't care about that.

praseenair

Feb 9, 2018
Hello,

My sister's visa was rejected twice both times saying the below reasons:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

1st time, we applied without showing any US related documents, but 2nd time we attached the below documents:
Her bank statements, father's bank statements, affidavit of support, study loan approval letter, US F1 Visa, US university admit letter and flight tickets from Canada to US university.

Still the visa got rejected again. Do we need to also attach any explanation letter regarding the 1st rejection? We provided the date of stay as from end of June till 10th of Aug and provided flight ticket for 11th of August to US.

Thanks,
Praseena

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hello,

My sister's visa was rejected twice both times saying the below reasons:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

1st time, we applied without showing any US related documents, but 2nd time we attached the below documents:
Her bank statements, father's bank statements, affidavit of support, study loan approval letter, US F1 Visa, US university admit letter and flight tickets from Canada to US university.

Still the visa got rejected again. Do we need to also attach any explanation letter regarding the 1st rejection? We provided the date of stay as from end of June till 10th of Aug and provided flight ticket for 11th of August to US.

Thanks,
Praseena
If you have been rejected twice in quick succession, you shouldn't apply a third time. Three refusals will look really bad for any future visa applications to any country.

She should come to the US and study there for a while before applying. I'd say you should wait a year.

You can go visit her there.

Reactions: scylla

NotARobot

Star Member
Dec 22, 2018
If you have been rejected twice in quick succession, you shouldn't apply a third time. Three refusals will look really bad for any future visa applications to any country.

She should come to the US and study there for a while before applying. I'd say you should wait a year.

You can go visit her there.
I agree with 21Goose. Yes your sister has her F1 visa, but she technically she hasn't started attending her university yet and most likely hasn't paid her first semester fee yet. According to IRCC, she could easily choose to stay in Canada with you and bail out on her US university plans; after all her ties to the US have yet to be cemented. Wait for her to start her university in the US and then she can apply for Canadian visa to visit u for her summer break.

I have two younger sisters who are currently in the US on F1 visa. One just completed her 3rd year of Bachelors and the other just completed her 1st year of Masters. They both applied for Canadian visa separately in different months through the New York City vfs to attend my wedding this summer and both of them easily got their visas. They both only showed their US college/university documents, and the only documents from our country that they submitted were their passport copies and birth certificates.

Last edited: