+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Yukon PNP - possibilities and questions

Anika89

Jan 29, 2013
Hello everyone,

just a moment ago I registered to this forum because I tried to find answers to my questions but my search wasn't as clear on all facts as I had hoped and I still have some questions I hope you can help me with :)

A few things about myself: I am German and will be by the time I'm planning on going to Canada 24 years old (maybe 25 already) which would be at the end of 2014. I have 2 1/2 years post secondary education, 2 years working experience with office jobs and 2 1/2 years of working experience at various bakeries.

I've been wanting to move to Canada for years now! More specifically Montreal, where I have been on vacation a few times and made some friends. But the thing is my french isn't all that great so Quebec for now is out of the question.

From what I have read it SEEMS more simple to get a PNP in Yukon. Is that actually right?

What I have planned is to apply for a 1 year working holiday visa and go to Yukon (which city would be best?) to find a permanent job. How easy/difficult would you say is it, from what you know about me? Once I found an employer willing to hire me I'd wanna apply for PNP asap. How long does it take till you get it? and are really all jobs eligible (Critical Impact Worker Program...)?

If I actually would get the PNP, now most of my confusion starts: How to proceed from here? Applying for PR of course, that is after all what I'm seeking. But can I, while still having the working holiday permit apply for another temporary working permit with the PNP until my PR request is processed?(or apply for the young professionals visa which would give me another year) Do I have to leave the country inbetween switching Visas? (I'd like to avoid that, unless it's just quickly crossing the US border and back)

And last but certainly not least, what is a reasonable time to stay in Yukon after I hopefully will receive PR before I could move to Montreal?

I know that's a lot of questions and thank you if you actually took the time to read all of it! :) I'd be really grateful if anyone could help me out. Maybe someone who's in Yukon with PNP? :)

2012isdyear

Jan 29, 2012
Anika might have not gotten any response as her goal to get to Canada is a good one but moving to Montreal after get PR, is a selfish idea. Cause if you get nominated by Yukon that means you are obligated by your conscience to support to the economy of the province who nominated you. In this case Yukon. However, you may move to other parts of Canada after you get your citizenship. Just my thoughts, as an Alberta nominated.

Anika89 said:
Hello everyone,

just a moment ago I registered to this forum because I tried to find answers to my questions but my search wasn't as clear on all facts as I had hoped and I still have some questions I hope you can help me with :)

A few things about myself: I am German and will be by the time I'm planning on going to Canada 24 years old (maybe 25 already) which would be at the end of 2014. I have 2 1/2 years post secondary education, 2 years working experience with office jobs and 2 1/2 years of working experience at various bakeries.

I've been wanting to move to Canada for years now! More specifically Montreal, where I have been on vacation a few times and made some friends. But the thing is my french isn't all that great so Quebec for now is out of the question.

From what I have read it SEEMS more simple to get a PNP in Yukon. Is that actually right?

What I have planned is to apply for a 1 year working holiday visa and go to Yukon (which city would be best?) to find a permanent job. How easy/difficult would you say is it, from what you know about me? Once I found an employer willing to hire me I'd wanna apply for PNP asap. How long does it take till you get it? and are really all jobs eligible (Critical Impact Worker Program...)?

If I actually would get the PNP, now most of my confusion starts: How to proceed from here? Applying for PR of course, that is after all what I'm seeking. But can I, while still having the working holiday permit apply for another temporary working permit with the PNP until my PR request is processed?(or apply for the young professionals visa which would give me another year) Do I have to leave the country inbetween switching Visas? (I'd like to avoid that, unless it's just quickly crossing the US border and back)

And last but certainly not least, what is a reasonable time to stay in Yukon after I hopefully will receive PR before I could move to Montreal?

I know that's a lot of questions and thank you if you actually took the time to read all of it! :) I'd be really grateful if anyone could help me out. Maybe someone who's in Yukon with PNP? :)

Anika89

Jan 29, 2013
No, I haven't gotten any replies. Sorry. I really hope you will find your answers though, Kennedia81 :)

I do realize how selfish that plan is. And I hadn't planned on leaving Yukon as soon as I would have become a PR. Just Montreal eventually, that's what I was thinking. And who knows maybe I would have liked it in Yukon so much I wouldn't have wanted to leave.

Either way, I have given up on that idea. I actually have pretty much given up on the hope that I could ever manage to become a permanent resident in Canada. I just don't have the skills (hence Yukon was my last resort). I will however apply for a working holiday visa for 2014. So at least I will get that; one year in Montreal.