+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Your action is required message on Express Entry row

santab

Sep 15, 2018
Hi, after submitting application, there were 2 rows in my account. One for Express Entry with status = Invitation Received and other for Permanent Residency.
Beginning of this month, I received letter for completing Biometrics. The Permanent Residency row status updated to Your Action is Required.
Both my and my spouse completed biometric formalities (From 2 different countries/centers) by 27th March.
The biometric information got updated in the application on the day it was collected at respective centers (under applicant information section).

However on 28th March, the Express Entry row status got updated to 'Your Action is Required'. There is no message in my profile, I have not received any email with any instructions.

In a nutshell, both Express Entry and Permanent Residency are showing your action is required.
And there is no open action on us.

Anyone has any idea what should be done?

deeps1987

Jun 2, 2018
Hi, after submitting application, there were 2 rows in my account. One for Express Entry with status = Invitation Received and other for Permanent Residency.
Beginning of this month, I received letter for completing Biometrics. The Permanent Residency row status updated to Your Action is Required.
Both my and my spouse completed biometric formalities (From 2 different countries/centers) by 27th March.
The biometric information got updated in the application on the day it was collected at respective centers (under applicant information section).

However on 28th March, the Express Entry row status got updated to 'Your Action is Required'. There is no message in my profile, I have not received any email with any instructions.

In a nutshell, both Express Entry and Permanent Residency are showing your action is required.
And there is no open action on us.

Anyone has any idea what should be done?
It happened for me as well. Though in my case, I got request to submit new medical. Once I uploaded the e-medical sheet, the status still remained as "your action is required". Once they review the result after clinic submitted, it got updated to "submitted" for PR and for express entry, "Submitted". May be at some point, it will get update for you as well.

What is the status message of your biometric in your application?

santab

Sep 15, 2018
Biometric number and submission dates are updated for both me and my spouse in our profiles. But the biometric status in the application still states "we need your fingerprints". I read on other forums that it takes about at least 10 days to update the status.

santab

Sep 15, 2018
Today the status updated to Submitted and Invitation Received for Permanent Residency and Express Entry rows respectively.
The biometric status in the application now states "we have not received your fingerprints".

On the CSE received confirmation that no action is pending from me.

CanadaGuy007

Mar 18, 2019
Today the status updated to Submitted and Invitation Received for Permanent Residency and Express Entry rows respectively.
The biometric status in the application now states "we have not received your fingerprints".

On the CSE received confirmation that no action is pending from me.
Hello, for me as well both rows are showing ur action is required, iv submitted biometrics as well on 9th June. Did your rows get updated? And why did they change in the first place even though u had done everything. Would appreciate your response.

santab

Sep 15, 2018
For me the status has not changed even now, 3 months after submitting biometrics. But I did receive a confirmation on a CEC webform that biometrics is received and no action is pending from my end. I guess the status will change when someone will pick up the file for processing. I will say if you are able to see your biometrics submission number updated in your profile you are good.

I think the status changes to "we have not received your fingerprints" when the due date of biometrics is crossed. It is probably just a system auto-update

Reactions: jackan

CanadaGuy007

Mar 18, 2019
For me the status has not changed even now, 3 months after submitting biometrics. But I did receive a confirmation on a CEC webform that biometrics is received and no action is pending from my end. I guess the status will change when someone will pick up the file for processing. I will say if you are able to see your biometrics submission number updated in your profile you are good.

I think the status changes to "we have not received your fingerprints" when the due date of biometrics is crossed. It is probably just a system auto-update
Thanks for your response, what about the main page though, where it says ur action required on both the rows,I'm concerned due to that.

santab

Sep 15, 2018
As I said, nothing updated there. And CSE webform confirmed that nothing is pending on me. So I am not bothered by that status any longer

CanadaGuy007

Mar 18, 2019
As I said, nothing updated there. And CSE webform confirmed that nothing is pending on me. So I am not bothered by that status any longer
Thank you for your response, u know just the sight of "your action is required" on both the express entry and permanent residency status fields whenever I log in makes me uncomfortable, i guess il have to get used to it. :)

FlyCa2019

Aug 20, 2019
I'm facing the same issue. Should I raise a technical case? If your status are updated then please let me know the timeline.

virenptl30

Jan 1, 2018

Hi Santab,

I hope your process went smooth after bio metric. For me it says Your action required, and I have received bio metric letters. I have two questions.
Appreciate your help.
1. Whether it updates the status automatically or we need to upload biometric details somewhere?
2. After biomertric how long it takes for PPR?

Thanks.

Casatoor

Star Member
May 13, 2019
Hi Santab,

I hope your process went smooth after bio metric. For me it says Your action required, and I have received bio metric letters. I have two questions.
Appreciate your help.
1. Whether it updates the status automatically or we need to upload biometric details somewhere?
2. After biomertric how long it takes for PPR?

Thanks.
Did you get your answer of question 1 ?
From what I understood, it updates automatically, could you confirm?

santab

Sep 15, 2018
Biometric status for me updated to Complete after almost 6 months. I completed biometrics in March and status got updated finally in Sept.
I am still awaiting ppr.

Reactions: jackan

Casatoor

Star Member
May 13, 2019
Biometric status for me updated to Complete after almost 6 months. I completed biometrics in March and status got updated finally in Sept.
I am still awaiting ppr.
Did you see an update with biometric number just below UCI number, before it was marked completed?

Reactions: dayocanny