+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Young professionals visa with family

Drabbitte2005

Jan 31, 2020
Agree with @Copingwithlife that being in Calgary will make renting much easier. There is a supply of rentals available and the prices will be a lot more reasonable than in other areas. With a job lined up you will likely be fine with first and last month's rent. 6K might be a tight budget. Not sure how old your kids are but you may need car and/or booster seats which don’t always fit in some 5 seater cars. You will also need to budget for those seats and things like winter tires. Hopefully that is 6K+tax as well. Would also suggest coming out early to set everything up before your family arrives. All depends on how old your children are since there can be rules about kids needing an adult sitting with them on flights depending on age, airline, flight length, etc.
Very good point canuck78 regarding the tax for a vehicle. It totally forgot to calculate that in, could you fill me in on what taxes will be due if I purchase a used car from a private buyer? I know I must organise insurance and registration before I can drive. Thanks again.