+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Young Professional and Working Holiday process

Ejrvina

Aug 6, 2020
Hello,

I am currently in Canada as a visitor with a Spanish passport, and I am interested in applying for either Young Professional or International Experience work permits.

So, if anybody that has been through the process could help me clarify the following questions, I would greatly appreciate it:
  • Is the International Experience permit very difficult to obtain compared to other options?
  • In order to process the Young Professional permit, do I need to obtain a letter from an employer beforehand?
Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

I am currently in Canada as a visitor with a Spanish passport, and I am interested in applying for either Young Professional or International Experience work permits.

So, if anybody that has been through the process could help me clarify the following questions, I would greatly appreciate it:
  • Is the International Experience permit very difficult to obtain compared to other options?
  • In order to process the Young Professional permit, do I need to obtain a letter from an employer beforehand?
Thank you
This program is currently on hold due to COVID-19. While you can still submit a profile, IRCC is not conducting draws at this time and we do not know when draws will re-start. This applies to the Working Holiday Visa program as well. (Both are part of IEC.)

Yes, the YP program requires that you have a job offer from an employer in Canada in advance. The job must be in a field related to your previous education or work experience.

If you chose the Working Holiday Visa program instead, no job offer is required.

Since you are from Spain, there is a requirement that you show you are a resident of Spain at the time you apply. Technically this means you are supposed to be living in Spain at the time you apply for the program. If you apply while in Canada as a visitor, there's a significant chance you will be refused. This applies to both the YP and WHV program.