+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"You notified us of this change after we had issued you a COPR ... and we will require that you return this document"?

CXTina

Sep 27, 2022
I am an express entry applicant and I received a "Ready for Visa" email in last month. However, since I got married almost the same time, I sent them a web form explaining that I got married and need to update my status. Today, I received a letter from IRCC asking me upload my spouse's information and so on. However, the following paragraph appears on the first page:

"Our records indicate that you notified us of this change after we had issued you a Confirmation of Permanent Residence for you and your dependents, if you have any. Please understand that we will require that you return this document as well as your passport(s) with your permanent resident visa(s), if applicable, in order for us to cancel them. You must provide us with these original documents in addition to the other requested documents for us to continue with your application process."

I am very confused. I didn't receive any document (COPR), nor did I sent them my passport for a PR visa. Then how can I mail them back the original document, since I don't have any?