+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

You must take IELTS before applying Canada PR.

visaexpert4indians

Mar 19, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
visaexpert4indians said:
Download pdf file and read it

http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/resources/manuals/op/op06-eng.pdf

IELTS Academic is allowed now....

From Page Number 31,

Note: For the IELTS reading and writing tests, there are ‘General Training' and ‘Academic' options. CIC
only requires to have their proficiency assessed by the ‘General Training' test but will also accept the
results of the ‘Academic' test. .

You must take IELTS before applying Canada PR.

From Page Number 37,

For applications received on or after April 10, 2010, at the
CIO, do not offer the applicant the opportunity to undergo
and submit the results of a designated language test

You must take IELTS exam before applying to sydney. I am no sure about submission of IELTS. You may submit IELTS original result to local embassy, But it is compulsory to have IELTS result to get exacy language point before applying

Seniors please discuss.....we want more update...
Sorry Friends,

It was my mistake about IELTS is must before applying to canada PR. It is not compulsary, you can sent your IELTS result later when you submit full documents...
Better You apply now without waiting for IELTS result...

IELTS academic result will accepted now...It is true....

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
visaexpert4indians said:
Better You apply now without waiting for IELTS result...
Please do not tell people that it is better to apply before taking IELTS.

It completely depends on the situation of each applicant.

Immigration recommends taking IELTS before applying but it is not mandatory.

In your case, you have enough points without IELTS, you can apply now and take IELTS later and it doesn't matter how many points you get.

For somebody who is counting on a good IELTS result to get them to 67 points, the situation is reversed. If they apply now and take IELTS later, they risk that the results are not good enough to get them 67 points and they may run out of time before they get a good enough IELTS and lose their application.

visaexpert4indians

Mar 19, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon is right.....

If you have enough point then only, you should apply without IELTS....

Better you take IELTS, know your English Ability, count your total point and if it is 67 or above, then only apply to Canada embassy...

kenzo

Star Member
Apr 4, 2010
Leon said:
Please do not tell people that it is better to apply before taking IELTS.

It completely depends on the situation of each applicant.

Immigration recommends taking IELTS before applying but it is not mandatory.

In your case, you have enough points without IELTS, you can apply now and take IELTS later and it doesn't matter how many points you get.

For somebody who is counting on a good IELTS result to get them to 67 points, the situation is reversed. If they apply now and take IELTS later, they risk that the results are not good enough to get them 67 points and they may run out of time before they get a good enough IELTS and lose their application.

Hi Mr.Leon
i'm not native English Speaker
my points without IELTS is 55
i didn't take IELTS Exam yet
i want to Apply my Application to CIO now
What u think Send to now or i have to wait till i take IELTS Exam
Thx for ur help

Himanshukhamar

Star Member
Nov 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2009
Doc's Request.
12-12-2009
AOR Received.
11-01-2010
Med's Request
8-02-2010
Med's Done....
12-02-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
8-02-2010
Interpretation of page no. 37 of New Change

Now decision concerning IELTS points claimed without IELTS test is on CIO officer as they have removed option of offer the applicant the opportunity to undergo and submit the
results of a designated language test within a certain time
period.

That means if you apply to CIO , Nova Scotia without IELTS result , Claim 16 points i.e High in Speaking , High in Reading , High in Writing , High in Listening and if CIO officer satisy o from your Papers like your Country , Your Designation , Your Other papers that you can have ability to get even Basic points 1+1+1+1 but not the points claimed by you i.e.4+4+4+4. then they will return your application without approval.

So my point is that it is very risky to apply without IELTS result now as discretion is with CIO officer.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kenzo said:
Hi Mr.Leon
i'm not native English Speaker
my points without IELTS is 55
i didn't take IELTS Exam yet
i want to Apply my Application to CIO now
What u think Send to now or i have to wait till i take IELTS Exam
Thx for ur help
You should definitely take IELTS before you apply to CIO. You need 12 points from IELTS to reach 67. If you do not take IELTS before you apply to CIO, how can you know that you will get 12 points? If you fail to get an IELTS with 12 points within the time limit, your application will be denied.

It is better to take IELTS now and if you don't have 12 points, you have plenty of time to prepare and take it again. Once you have an IELTS with 12 points or more, then you can apply to CIO.

gashe4peace

Jul 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 15/2010
Doc's Request.
Dec.2010
Med's Request
May.2012
Med's Done....
sep.2012
LANDED..........
only God knows
hello guys
OK i understood that it's recommend to take the IELTS exam before submitting the initial application, but guys their is a rummer says that some NOC code like 0111(accountant) will remove from the demand list!
Is that true???
with regard

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The only thing known is that they are looking into the list of 38 so if they are looking at it, that could mean they are planning some changes. Nobody knows what changes. They could just add jobs and take nothing out, they could just take out jobs and add nothing or they could do both but nobody knows what or when.

kenzo

Star Member
Apr 4, 2010
Leon said:
You should definitely take IELTS before you apply to CIO. You need 12 points from IELTS to reach 67. If you do not take IELTS before you apply to CIO, how can you know that you will get 12 points? If you fail to get an IELTS with 12 points within the time limit, your application will be denied.

It is better to take IELTS now and if you don't have 12 points, you have plenty of time to prepare and take it again. Once you have an IELTS with 12 points or more, then you can apply to CIO.
1st
thx for ur nice reply Mr.Leon

2nd
i understand from ur reply that :the new change for IELTS (after 10th April) mean that if i wrote in Application that get 16 points and when i send update in 2nd stage with IELTS results and get 14 in this case my request will refused ??

3rd
if i'm sure that I'll get 12 points in English i go and start send my Application to CIO

finally
thx for ur patient and ur nice help to me and other ppls in this Forum :)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kenzo said:
2nd
i understand from ur reply that :the new change for IELTS (after 10th April) mean that if i wrote in Application that get 16 points and when i send update in 2nd stage with IELTS results and get 14 in this case my request will refused ??
No, you would not be refused, if you get 14 points on IELTS, they will give you 14 points but if you get only 10 points, you will end up with only 65 total and will lose your application.

kenzo said:
3rd
if i'm sure that I'll get 12 points in English i go and start send my Application to CIO
But how can you be sure? Did you take IELTS before? Many people have been sure they could easily get a good score on IELTS and then found out that it was harder than they thought. Some had time to take IELTS again within the time limit and still did not reach what they needed. It is up to you if you take that risk.

kenzo

Star Member
Apr 4, 2010
Leon said:
No, you would not be refused, if you get 14 points on IELTS, they will give you 14 points but if you get only 10 points, you will end up with only 65 total and will lose your application.

But how can you be sure? Did you take IELTS before? Many people have been sure they could easily get a good score on IELTS and then found out that it was harder than they thought. Some had time to take IELTS again within the time limit and still did not reach what they needed. It is up to you if you take that risk.
hi Mr.Leon
yeah i got IELTS before with 7 7 7 6.5 but it's expired
can i go and send Application ??

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kenzo said:
hi Mr.Leon
yeah i got IELTS before with 7 7 7 6.5 but it's expired
can i go and send Application ??
In that case, you know you can get 12 or more points, you can go ahead and apply now and just take IELTS as soon as you can get an appointment.

kenzo

Star Member
Apr 4, 2010
Leon said:
In that case, you know you can get 12 or more points, you can go ahead and apply now and just take IELTS as soon as you can get an appointment.

Now I can take a deep breath
thxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Mr Leon :)

lrow

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
So Now, is it clear that We can apply to CIO Without IELTS score.
I have already booked IELTS test date. But need to apply soon, as my police certificate is expiring.

One more question what should I tick in the box .
Economic class - FSW form
point 6

Q. Have you taken IELTS ?
I am planning to tick - " Yes and high proficiency in all 4 sections " . [ By the Time I apply to CIO I would have taken IELTS test but without result ] .

About my points I am above 67 points even W/O IELTS .

P.s. Even the link here says that we need not send results to CIO .
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG72.asp

videon

May 23, 2010
Hi Leon and other friends,

This is a very informative thread. Couple of follow-up questions.

1. In case i am confident about getting good ielts score and decide to apply to CIO without waiting for the result, what should i put on form Schedule 3, item 6? ("Have your taken an approved test? YES-> provide a copy of your results|| NO-> provide evidence of proficiency").

Sorry not able to post the link to the form, but it is the "Schedule3: Economic classes" form for Federal Skilled Worker in the CIC website.

2. OR if i decide to take the test and attach copy of the result as recommended, will it be still valid at the local visa office in case the process is delayed and takes more than 1 year. In other words, is the 1 year validity for ielts checked at the time of initial application to CIO, or at the time original results are shown at the local visa office?

Just trying to decide on the pros and cons. Kindly share your insights.

Thanks in advance!!