+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

You may only quarantine with people if... they consent to the quarantine

sgp1986

Star Member
Jan 2, 2020
I read this on the border services website. If I read this correctly, my wife is able to pick me up as long as she agrees to do the full quarantine also, right?

This is my kind of outline for a plan. I'm planning to fly to a border state, catch a taxi or uber up to the border, walk across, have my wife pick me up, and then the two of us will quarantine for 2 week in a hotel or airbnb since her home is pretty far from the border, so we'll drive up about halfway to quarantine. Would the border agent have anything to say against any of this?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I read this on the border services website. If I read this correctly, my wife is able to pick me up as long as she agrees to do the full quarantine also, right?

This is my kind of outline for a plan. I'm planning to fly to a border state, catch a taxi or uber up to the border, walk across, have my wife pick me up, and then the two of us will quarantine for 2 week in a hotel or airbnb since her home is pretty far from the border, so we'll drive up about halfway to quarantine. Would the border agent have anything to say against any of this?
Yes you need a negative PCR test within 72 hours of arriving at the border. Technically you can quarantine with your wife if she doesn’t have any health issues. Being vaccinated doesn’t guarantee that you won’t have covid. You should inform the hotel or airbnb host that you are quarantining so they can take precautions.