+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

You are claiming work experience prior to the application of your post graduate work permit

shrashanth

Jan 30, 2019
Hello everyone
Here is what i got today from CIC
i need to respond to this within 3 days so please help me out
"You are claiming work experience prior to the application of your post graduate work permit" --- this is my concern
My issue: i graduated in december 2017
Got letter from my universty to apply Work Permit on Feb 10th 2018
I applied Work permit on march 27 2017 and got it approved from may 2017 till may 2020
I started working in an NOC job from Feb 15th 2017 and till Aug 2018 (before applying Work permit) and i have shown the same on my letter of work ecperiance while applied for my canadian
expeiance class PR application
And now i have asked a question "You are claiming work experience prior to the application of your post graduate work permit" ???

Please guide me how to deal with this situation

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Clarify your dates as they seem all over the place Uni said you can apply for a work permit feb 2018, yet you applied March 2017 ? You cannot claim any work experience whilst on a study permit if by those dates that is what you are implying. Only work from the time you apply for a PGWP.

Note also the statement below about working once you receive a completion letter. Based on your post not sure if that applies without clarity on the dates

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/campus-work.html

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello everyone
"You are claiming work experience prior to the application of your post graduate work permit" --- this is my concern
I applied Work permit on march 27 2017 and got it approved from may 2017 till may 2020
I started working in an NOC job from Feb 15th 2017 and till Aug 2018 (before applying Work permit) and i have shown the same on my letter of work ecperiance while applied for my canadian
And now i have asked a question "You are claiming work experience prior to the application of your post graduate work permit" ???

From the day you graduated, you were no longer authorized to work under your study permit. You can only count work experience from the date you applied for the PGWP (March 27, 2017). The issue is, you worked without authorization (AKA illegally) from February 15 to March 27, and claimed that as work experience.

You will have to write a letter of explanation about what happened, that you now realize it was wrong, you will never do it again (basically you have to acknowledge your error and beg for forgiveness), and ask to please correct the start date on your application to March 27.

Or, go see a lawyer.

kanu917

Star Member
Sep 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
18-07-2016
From the day you graduated, you were no longer authorized to work under your study permit. You can only count work experience from the date you applied for the PGWP (March 27, 2017). The issue is, you worked without authorization (AKA illegally) from February 15 to March 27, and claimed that as work experience.

You will have to write a letter of explanation about what happened, that you now realize it was wrong, you will never do it again (basically you have to acknowledge your error and beg for forgiveness), and ask to please correct the start date on your application to March 27.

Or, go see a lawyer.
Hi,

I am in similar situation. But i haven't applied under cec yet( i got ita on 30th jan 2019). I applied for work permit on 23rd january 2018 which was tuesday and worked ever since then. As per CIC, we need to have minimum of 30 hours of work per week to account for work exp. As the day was tuesday and i worked till friday i have 32 hours. But this situation is still to tight for me to make any decision to apply. Can someone help me with this?Should i decline ITA or is it okay to go ahead?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I am in similar situation. But i haven't applied under cec yet( i got ita on 30th jan 2019). I applied for work permit on 23rd january 2018 which was tuesday and worked ever since then. As per CIC, we need to have minimum of 30 hours of work per week to account for work exp. As the day was tuesday and i worked till friday i have 32 hours. But this situation is still to tight for me to make any decision to apply. Can someone help me with this?Should i decline ITA or is it okay to go ahead?

Unless I have misunderstood, your situation is nothing like shrashanth's case. But I'm afraid I don't understand what your question is...?

Island_vibes

Oct 22, 2018
Hello everyone

Hi,

What happened with your case? Did u also declare that experience in your PGWP application?