+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Yet to take IELTS

blueboy

Apr 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In the form "Schedule 3: Economic Classes – Federal Skilled Worker Class
(IMM 0008-Schedule 3)" it asks me whether I have taken IELTS or Will I be submitting the written proofs. Well I have yet to take IELTS but thats like after a month or so. What should I select here? If I say "No" then they will ask me for written proofs which is not recommended since for me as my native language is neither English nor French.

So, what I am thinking is to select the option "Yes" and submit. In the mean time I will give my IELTS. So, when they ask for my IELTS results I can submit the test results.

Is this ok?

mjsantos

Oct 5, 2008
You say "NO". The rules have changed now. If your occupation is on the list of "38 occupations", you have to submit it to Sydney, NS. You send only the application and NO supported documents. Once they assess you application and decide you are eligible, they will send your application to the applicable visa post and then they will ask for all documents and the IELTS as well.

Hope this helps.

kagan

Feb 11, 2009
I did not take the IELTS yet. But I am planning to do on the 21st Feb 2009.

My questions:

On Schedule 3 there are questions 5 and 6.

1. If I write yes in all boxes but can not prove the IELTS score yet I will be questioned. If I say no, my application might be rejected or not?

2. If I say no to question 6 do I have still 4 months to get the IELTS or not?

My job is in the 38 occupations and I do not want to miss the opportunity. So I have to be quick but smart as well.

I will have the test on the 21st and even I fail I can take it as many as times as I wish.

What do you suggest me to do?

Thanks,

Kagan

wpc71

Dec 17, 2008
Feb 21 is only 10 days from now. Wait until you take the test, then answer "yes" and submit. 10 days won't kill you! But you will be less worried.

kagan

Feb 11, 2009
Thanks for your prompt answer. After I take the exam, how will I prove that I passed the exam since I do not know whether I will be get the scores or not? Because form asks me to provide a copy of approved test results?

Let's say If I fail, what can happen?

Thanks again.

wpc71

Dec 17, 2008
There is no fail or pass on IELTS! The worst that can happen is that you get a low score, but it does not mean you have failed the test. If you are applying under Category 1, then you do not need to send any documents to CIC now. They will later ask you to submit docs including IELTS results.

kagan

Feb 11, 2009
Thanks again.I kindly appreciate your answers.

I have to be able to score 16 points in English otherwise I will not be eligible. That's why I would like to be clear on the subject.

If I could not score 16 points on the 21st February what can happen next? As you said I would like to submit the application on the 22nd February. Why I am asking this question is simple. Since I will write high on all speaking, listening, reading and writing on the question 5 but do not know the results before I make the application. I do not want to be in the situation like I lied on my form and be rejected?

Maybe I will not score enough points on the 21st February but I will score two weeks down the line. But when the case worker look at my form, he will see that I could not pass the exam on the 21st February but I said yes on the form that I submitted.

What do you suggest me to do?

To wait to get the results and make the application?(But it might be late for me maybe the occupation will be gone).

To send the application on the 22nd February without knowing the IELTS score?

Thanks again.

Kagan

wpc71

Dec 17, 2008
I think on the form you can guess what your English ability level is. They will give you 120 days to submit documents during which you might take even two tests, from wich the most recent one will be considered by CIC.
Again, if you are so worried about this, wait another 13 days to have your results and then submit. Nothing will happen to the current 38 jobs list as they have just recently announced them.

kagan

Feb 11, 2009
Funds

Thanks,

What do you think what do I have to do about the funds? I do not want to carry on the same forum topic since it is not related to that.

At this moment I have only 2000 pounds in my bank account. But my family send me 10000 this next Thursday.

Do I have to have sufficient funds (it was around 13,000CD for me any for my wife) in my bank account before we submit the application?

When do I have to have this amount in the bank account exactly? When they request for it or since the application made, I have to keep the sufficient amount in bank account?

Thanks,

Kagan

wpc71

Dec 17, 2008
I have no idea about funds. I just know you need to have sufficient funds and if submit bank statements, you also need to submit a copy of your transcations over the past one year. I guess they want to make sure you did not borrow the money you claim to have which if so, will reflect on your bank records. Again, you need to submit that later, so I guess you can do it.