Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
BREAKING NEWS
Yes, it SNOWED IN TORONTO today...

We were expecting snow fall today (as the weatherman predicted a week+ back) - and it did !
-Time Started : ...... 07:25 AM
-Time Stopped : .... 12:40 PM
-GTA Temperature : -1.5C
-Daylight : ........... Bright & Sunny (No Overcast)
-Chill Factor : ........ Moderate (nothing special)
-Precipitation : ...... Nil
-Type of Fall : ....... Flurries (Flakes only)

This being the first snowfall of the season, in Toronto (Alberta & higher locales already had their share), we decided to have a drive-around & get a feel of it... our first feel after being a PR.

Thus, drove thru Dundas - Gardiner - Spadina - Yonge - North York - 401 - 403 - Hurontario (Mississauga) - Erin Mills - Mc Laughlin - Brampton - 409 - 427 - Lunch at Woodbine Mall - back.

-On many occassions we had to use our wiper/s.
-Nothing visibly observed differently on the roads.
-Overall it was a nice feeling...

Note that it was -(minus) already, but we didn't feel anything. In fact, we were in our normal clothing - sporting just a jacket over jeans. Heat was on in the car & so was inside the Mall. But, the walk - from parking to the mall - wasn't challenging...

But, it definitely would be, later, when the snow picks-up!

Qorax
________________________________________________________________________________________________
Just thought to let u guys know...

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
NOT SO, Iceberg!! All depends where you ARE in Canada and what time of year it is. Torontonians are just getting the leftovers from the Vancouver snowfall. Watch out Qorax...this is just a taster, ha ha, the best is yet to come!

m2canada

Aug 10, 2010
philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december 24, 2009
Doc's Request.
february 24, 2010
AOR Received.
june 23, 2010
IELTS Request
may 8, 2010
File Transfer...
june 23, 2010
Med's Request
aug 27, 2010;sept. 23,2010
Med's Done....
oct. 5 & 15(another view of xray), 2010;meds sent to cem oct 15, 18 & 26
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
november 17, 2010;PP sent november 19, 2010
LANDED..........
?
thank you for sharing your experience qorax!this excites me even more! can't wait to be there! will there be snow on march? ;D
qorax said:
BREAKING NEWS

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
BREAKING NEWS

We were expecting snow fall today (as the weatherman predicted a week+ back) - and it did !
-Time Started : ...... 07:25 AM
-Time Stopped : .... 12:40 PM
-GTA Temperature : -1.5C
-Daylight : ........... Bright & Sunny (No Overcast)
-Chill Factor : ........ Moderate (nothing special)
-Precipitation : ...... Nil
-Type of Fall : ....... Flurries (Flakes only)

This being the first snowfall of the season, in Toronto (Alberta & higher locales already had their share), we decided to have a drive-around & get a feel of it... our first feel after being a PR.

Thus, drove thru Dundas - Gardiner - Spadina - Yonge - North York - 401 - 403 - Hurontario (Mississauga) - Erin Mills - Mc Laughlin - Brampton - 409 - 427 - Lunch at Woodbine Mall - back.

-On many occassions we had to use our wiper/s.
-Nothing visibly observed differently on the roads.
-Overall it was a nice feeling...

Note that it was -(minus) already, but we didn't feel anything. In fact, we were in our normal clothing - sporting just a jacket over jeans. Heat was on in the car & so was inside the Mall. But, the walk - from parking to the mall - wasn't challenging...

But, it definitely would be, later, when the snow picks-up!

Qorax
________________________________________________________________________________________________
Just thought to let u guys know...
Buddy, I missed your car ride in snow. You circled the entire Toronto, Bramption and Mississauga. I would term it a long drive. I think next week it is all snow. Vancouver, Ottawa , Montreal already burried in show, time for Toronto.
Did you put snow tires on your car? I am thinking about it but some people are suggesting otherwise. They are comfortable driving with all weather in Toronto. I am not going to drive much, strictly no late night and early morning.

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Iceberg7 said:
So what?!

It always snows in Canada!

I've been in -26!!!
Icebergs are mostly found in -26. So for them it is normal. One person's excitement can be other person's job. Excitement can't be easily equated.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I think Iceberg was just kidding. I think he's worried that he might MELT if it ISN'T cold in Canada all year round! LOL
As long as you don't have to get somewhere it is wonderful watching the snow fall. One of my cats loved to go out on the deck and jump in the air and catch snowflakes between his paws. Our daughters enjoyed taking their Magic Carpets (heavy plastic rectangles with a handle at the front) up to the school yard to slide on. Great fun. Winter is good in Canada. Just get a flu shot!

rKo

Apr 7, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks qorax for great topic,

my elder brother sent me a text from toronto and he said he experiencd his 1st snow in 21/Nov/10
i think now the hard time will start , wish u all a happy snowy days, enjoy ...

regards
rko

wxyz123

Sep 21, 2010
Hi qorax!

Congrats on having first snow in toronto. Enjoy and make the most of it. Wish you have many more but they don't make life miserable :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

eemmoo1

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So during snowfall were there any traffic jams? I could just imagine how difficult it would be for the people without transport to reach thier work places?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
It's snowing (flurries) today to. But, there's precipitation now... I can see the next house's roof having white patches today.

How cold, or what the temperature is, I'm yet to know, till I step outside.

It's 8AM in the morning now.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
explorer101 said:
Buddy, I missed your car ride in snow. You circled the entire Toronto, Bramption and Mississauga. I would term it a long drive. I think next week it is all snow. Vancouver, Ottawa , Montreal already burried in show, time for Toronto.
Did you put snow tires on your car? I am thinking about it but some people are suggesting otherwise. They are comfortable driving with all weather in Toronto. I am not going to drive much, strictly no late night and early morning.
No Winter Tires, Explorer. In Toronto we do not need one (neither it's mandatory by law - as in some other provinces). Here the roads always remain cleared -- during the heaviest falls too. The priority clearances go this way:

-First the 4 series... (they have a continued snow clearance task force)
-Then the RRs...
-Thereafter, the internal roads...
-After which the neighborhood roads...
-And finally the community streets.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Pippin said:
I think Iceberg was just kidding. I think he's worried that he might MELT if it ISN'T cold in Canada all year round! LOL
As long as you don't have to get somewhere it is wonderful watching the snow fall. One of my cats loved to go out on the deck and jump in the air and catch snowflakes between his paws. Our daughters enjoyed taking their Magic Carpets (heavy plastic rectangles with a handle at the front) up to the school yard to slide on. Great fun. Winter is good in Canada. Just get a flu shot!
Rightly said Pippin !