+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Yemeni Religous Aslyum

Ahmedn1

Dec 25, 2019
Will be honest that your Yemeni passport will make it incredibly difficult to get a TRV. In terms of resettlement through the UNHCR there is a huge demand and very few spots because countries are receiving many asylum seekers by land or countries have reduced their quota like the US. Think 1% of asylum seekers may get resettled so the chances are pretty low. If you have friends or family in Canada willing to pay for your resettlement that is the easiest way to get to Canada although it is still a little nag process. If you manage to get to Canada alone on a TRV it will take a minimum of around 3 years to reunite with your spouse and children if you have a family.
i dont have familly or friends in canada and even if i had this is call a private sponsorship right? and that private sponsorship needs a UNchair reference which by its role will take years that what i understood from the laws for my Yemeni passport i dont know how will take and why is Yemeni passport not welcomed in canada ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
i dont have familly or friends in canada and even if i had this is call a private sponsorship right? and that private sponsorship needs a UNchair reference which by its role will take years that what i understood from the laws for my Yemeni passport i dont know how will take and why is Yemeni passport not welcomed in canada ?
It is not the a Yemeni passport isn’t welcomed in Canada. Due to the situation in Yemen there is a high risk that you would not be a true visitor and would want to claim asylum that is why you’d be denied a TRV.

Reactions: Ahmedn1

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It will be difficult to get a TRV approved with a Yemeni passport because IRCC will be concerned that you have plans to come here and claim refugee status.

All of the other options for claiming refugee status will take a number of years and require you to leave Yemen and be recognized as a refugee by UNHCR in a different country.

Reactions: Ahmedn1

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
so better for someone like me is to die in Yemen
You said that you have the option to go to Egypt. If you have qualifications there may be opportunities in other countries. Unfortunately it would be impossible for Canada to offer asylum to all the refugees around the world so must try to limit how many people can get to Canada. Instead they work with UNHCR to try and select people in a more controlled fashion. Currently the wait time for an asylum hearing has gone from 3 months to over 2 years in some cases because there have been many asylum seekers who have arrived in Canada.

Ahmedn1

Dec 25, 2019
You said that you have the option to go to Egypt. If you have qualifications there may be opportunities in other countries. Unfortunately it would be impossible for Canada to offer asylum to all the refugees around the world so must try to limit how many people can get to Canada. Instead they work with UNHCR to try and select people in a more controlled fashion. Currently the wait time for an asylum hearing has gone from 3 months to over 2 years in some cases because there have been many asylum seekers who have arrived in Canada.
someone told me your only option is to make it by boat because no country will give you visa good luck for who in usa so can cross the border irregually

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
so better for someone like me is to die in Yemen
Absolutely not. You certainly have the option of going to Egypt and being recognized as a refugee by UNHCR there. However very hard to say if you will ever eventually end up in Canada.

daming35

Apr 6, 2021
IT workers are very welcome in Canada, If you will take my advice I would say you have a chance to immigrate to Canada with out encountering the risk of being a stowaway or claim a refugee state. Your English seems to be pretty good you can have the exam in Egypt in stead of traveling to Egypt just to be a refugee. I high score in IELTS with IT degree and few years of experience is totally enough to apply throw express entry program. wish you the best