+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Yemeni Religous Aslyum

Ahmedn1

Dec 25, 2019
hello i am from yemen and i want to seek a religous aslyum in canada how to do that via Church sponsorship?

Ahmedn1

Dec 25, 2019
hello i am from yemen and i want to seek a religous aslyum in canada how to do that via Church sponsorship?
yeah i know my question was what to do when i am outside yemen cuz i am planning to travel egypt and apply from there but i want to know the steps before traveling outside yemen

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
yeah i know my question was what to do when i am outside yemen cuz i am planning to travel egypt and apply from there but i want to know the steps before traveling outside yemen
You couldn’t claim asylum in Canada from Egypt and the UN resettled very few refugees around the world. The only way to try to claim asylum in Canada is to get to Canada and claim asylum.

Ahmedn1

Dec 25, 2019
You couldn’t claim asylum in Canada from Egypt and the UN resettled very few refugees around the world. The only way to try to claim asylum in Canada is to get to Canada and claim asylum.
i meant i will go to egypt requesting paper from UN as i am refuge then i will look for Church sponsorship is that possible

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
i meant i will go to egypt requesting paper from UN as i am refuge then i will look for Church sponsorship is that possible
It's possible. However it's generally very difficult to find a church in Canada to privately sponsor you unless you already have a connection to a church in Canada through family or friends who live in Canada.

Reactions: Buletruck

Ahmedn1

Dec 25, 2019
It's possible. However it's generally very difficult to find a church in Canada to privately sponsor you unless you already have a connection to a church in Canada through family or friends who live in Canada.
if i find a church to sponsor me then what the rule of UNchair in Egypt what their role in this process

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
if i find a church to sponsor me then what the rule of UNchair in Egypt what their role in this process
The role of UNHCR is to recognize you as a refugee.

Reactions: Ahmedn1

Ahmedn1

Dec 25, 2019
The role of UNHCR is to recognize you as a refugee.
is that just by signed paper ? what if they referred me to another country ? another question how then i enter Canada by which visa and if i enterd canada by visitor visa and sought aslyum at the airport isnot that considered a lie to the authorties because i didnt leave Canada as i promised ? thank so much for replying to my questions

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
is that just by signed paper ? what if they referred me to another country ? another question how then i enter Canada by which visa and if i enterd canada by visitor visa and sought aslyum at the airport isnot that considered a lie to the authorties because i didnt leave Canada as i promised ? thank so much for replying to my questions
It typically takes many many years to be referred to another country. The most likely outcome is that UNHCR will settle you in Egypt and not refer you to another country.

If you want to enter Canada to claim asylum here - then you will neen a TRV (tourist visa). To be approved for a TRV, you will need to show strong ties to your home country and also show that you have enough funds to pay for your visit to Canada. It's fine to use the TRV to claim asylum in Canada - this isn't a "lie". However you may find it quite difficult to get a TRV approved.

Ahmedn1

Dec 25, 2019
It typically takes many many years to be referred to another country. The most likely outcome is that UNHCR will settle you in Egypt and not refer you to another country.

If you want to enter Canada to claim asylum here - then you will neen a TRV (tourist visa). To be approved for a TRV, you will need to show strong ties to your home country and also show that you have enough funds to pay for your visit to Canada. It's fine to use the TRV to claim asylum in Canada - this isn't a "lie". However you may find it quite difficult to get a TRV approved.
thanks honestly what you think the fastest and easiest way for me to seek aslyum ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
thanks honestly what you think the fastest and easiest way for me to seek aslyum ?
In Canada? Fastest is through a TRV (visitor visa) and then coming to Canada and claiming asylum once you arrive. Anything else is going to take years.

Ahmedn1

Dec 25, 2019
In Canada? Fastest is through a TRV (visitor visa) and then coming to Canada and claiming asylum once you arrive. Anything else is going to take years.
my reason for aslyum is that i can show or practise or tell my real religon in public because it may threaten my life is that considered a legall reason to seek aslyum ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Will be honest that your Yemeni passport will make it incredibly difficult to get a TRV. In terms of resettlement through the UNHCR there is a huge demand and very few spots because countries are receiving many asylum seekers by land or countries have reduced their quota like the US. Think 1% of asylum seekers may get resettled so the chances are pretty low. If you have friends or family in Canada willing to pay for your resettlement that is the easiest way to get to Canada although it is still a little nag process. If you manage to get to Canada alone on a TRV it will take a minimum of around 3 years to reunite with your spouse and children if you have a family.