+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Years Of Education:

Mughal

Aug 1, 2008
Hello Everybody:

5 years of Primary Education:
7 years of school and secondary edu

I am unsure about my university degree duration. i have recently got Bsc honours in Applied Accounting. Transcripts mentioned that ,I started the course in 1 December 2006 and Completed in 28 January 2009........ Whether we will consider it a 2 years degree or 3 years degree???

It's an honours degree from Oxfored Bookes uni UK. Titles as Bsc Honours in Applied Accounting.

So how many years of Education will it be: 5+7+ 2 or 3= ?

Fill in the Blanks Wisely!
:(
I have contacted to my uni but have not got the response yet, so looking forward for your response
Regards

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
sounds like 2 years of education but not sure if its a 2 or 3 year degree.

I think to determine whether its a 2 or 3 years degree, it might have something to do with doing 15 credits a semester and 2 semesters make up a year, etc.

I don't think there is a different points for 14 years and 2 year degree vs 14 years and 3 year degree.

Even if it is a 3 year degree, you only studied for 14 years. I am no expert so guess about how it is counted.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FYI:
Mughal,
Education:

• “Educational credential” is defined in R73 as any diploma, degree or trade or apprenticeship
credential issued on the completion of a program of study or training at an educational or
training institution recognized by the authorities responsible for registering, accrediting,
supervising and regulating such institutions in the country of issue.

• “Full-time” is defined in R78(1) as requiring at least 15 hours of instruction per week during
the academic year, including any period of training in the workplace that forms part of the
course of study.

• “Full-time equivalent” means, in respect of part-time or accelerated studies, the period of time
that would have been required to complete those studies on a full-time basis.

Education
Officers should assess programs of study and award points based on the standards that exist in
the country of study. The Regulations do not provide for comparisons to Canadian educational
standards;

If the applicant has an educational credential referred to in a particular paragraph in R78(2) but
not the total number of years of study required by that paragraph, officers should award the
number of points set out in the paragraph that refers to the number of years of study completed
by the applicant [R78(4)].

Example: 1. If an applicant has a master's degree, but only 16 years of education, an officer would go
down to the category for which the applicant meets the total number of years and, using this example,
award 22 points;

Example: 2. If an applicant has a four-year bachelor's degree and 16 years of education, an officer
would award 20 points, as a single two, three, or four-year university credential at the bachelor's level,
combined with at least 14 years of full-time study, is worth 20 points;

Disclaimer:
These are not my definitions. This is an extract from op6.pdf Page 13. I am neither an Immigration Expert nor a legal Advisor.